SOTD : Saturday 10rd April to Friday 16th April 2021.

SoTd
Just got back in time to upload today’s shave, was an excellent one decided to switch it up a bit and have a change so shaped up the anchor beard instead of a full shave with the non folding feather ss using the Kai pink mild artist club blade kindly gifted to me to try by @Driftwood thank you really nice and smooth think I’m going to have to give them both another try but think I slightly prefer the schick proline p30 it’s quite a close one though as both are a lovely blade. Oh and I finally got to try the new Zingari man No1...what a stunning scent. Beautiful smooth and refreshing shave !
9661DE0A-1877-4601-B9EC-7211ED91ABFD.jpeg

Thursday 15th April

ACtC-3eZkLdQsPhiIFq87NL_7h3Li-70-CwixCP8WYq1OX4TLWdey31sPnnp2qej5PwInNc8bJVepJ4NcAUox-1T9MkNtZnNTp_aghn-sKg1yAwlV7Cfm7s0MCKkMClyHg5z54Q6rKYBJWU2Q2unzRb226rp9A=s800
What's the "dirt" in the boar hair?

Fri 16th SOTD
Soap Henri et Victoria Cognac & Cuban Cigars
Brush Yaqi 26mm Lucky Dice Tuxedo
Razor Pearl Flexi Adjustable V1
Blade Rapira?? 1st Use
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + Haverford Balm
Very nice soap this. I can smell a very nice mid-strength aromatic cigarish scent with some...cognac? Today's lather is creamily thick and slick...great stuff!
Shave with razor paired with the new blade at setting 4-4-2 was just okok. Managed 3passes for a ccs result and escaped with just 1 red spot. Excellent aftershaves and the balm paired with the soap was a wow! Enjoyed the very nice long-lingering cigarish aroma between HeV & Haverford, especially covered in a face mask.
20210415_233453.jpg20210416_071405.jpg

SoTd
Just got back in time to upload today’s shave, was an excellent one decided to switch it up a bit and have a change so shaped up the anchor beard instead of a full shave with the non folding feather ss using the Kai pink mild artist club blade kindly gifted to me to try by @Driftwood thank you really nice and smooth think I’m going to have to give them both another try but think I slightly prefer the schick proline p30 it’s quite a close one though as both are a lovely blade. Oh and I finally got to try the new Zingari man No1...what a stunning scent. Beautiful smooth and refreshing shave !
View attachment 68247
That label doesn’t look straight to me Jay.

Today's shave with the theme 'Brian the shave'

IMG_20210416_064405.jpg

Brian the razor - Colonial General V2
Brian the blade - Feather Super Professional
Brian the brush - Yaqi Dandelion
Brian the soap - Signature Soaps Londinium soap
Brian the splash - Signature Soaps Londinium splash

This shave contains no expletives, no silly art forms, no crumpled paper, nothing other than a great shave and a lot of Brians.

Have a most wonderful day and a great forthcoming weekend you lovely people.

And have some Japanese girls who I doubt are called Brian. It's those Otoboke Beaver girls again

And I love you all

Today's shave with the theme 'Brian the shave'

View attachment 68254

Brian the razor - Colonial General V2
Brian the blade - Feather Super Professional
Brian the brush - Yaqi Dandelion
Brian the soap - Signature Soaps Londinium soap
Brian the splash - Signature Soaps Londinium splash

This shave contains no expletives, no silly art forms, no crumpled paper, nothing other than a great shave and a lot of Brians.

Have a most wonderful day and a great forthcoming weekend you lovely people.

And have some Japanese girls who I doubt are called Brian. It's those Otoboke Beaver girls again

And I love you all
Otoboke Brians?

174282245_312964870176123_474682188480737101_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: Figaro Classic
Brush: 24mm Boti Boss
Razor: Parker 22R Interceptor
Blade: Tiger Platinum (2)

The recent Cella discussions prompted a revisit to the Figaro that's been underused recently. It dawned on me after this shave that the setup consists entirely of PIFs from the good people of TSR. the bulk is from @SeanC 's offer earlier this year, coupled with the Parker received from @merchant_seaman and Tigers from @Asfalloth !
I really like the smell of the Figaro. Sweet, cherry bakewell in the pot, but that dissipates quickly in the lather to give a good performance without a cloying scent. The Akcay continues the sweet tones, and to my nose gives only a passing nod to the darker, soapy direction that Tabac goes off in. Day 2 on the Tiger gave a two pass DFS, and I start work smelling awesome and smiling at the generosity and camaraderie of TSR members :love:

16 April

Wickham 1912 Apricus
Blackland Signature
Blackland Vector
Feather Professional
Bart’s Balm Grapefruit and Pink Pepper

E17A9983-24A2-4C19-B39E-CDDFCCDADABD.jpeg

A superb shave this morning with what is probably my best shaving instrument. The Feather blade is on shave 7 and it is still sharp, and the Vector is giving very close and comfortable shaves with it.

Back
Top Bottom