SOTD : Saturday 10rd April to Friday 16th April 2021.

PRE: bloom water
RAZOR: The Pearl Flexi Adjustable Safety Razor V2 #4
BLADE: Gillette‌ 7 O'clock SharpEdge Yellow
BRUSH: Heritage Ever-Ready 26mm SHD Gel
SOAP: Ethos /CBL Fresh Lime Shave Soap

InSb3pU.jpg

Awesome first shave with the Pearl Flexi Adjustable. There were no alignment issues, and the shave at level #4 was smooth and efficient -- BBS in two passes with a little touch up. IMHO this is a first-class adjustable razor. It’s a keeper!

Pre: hot towel to the face, proraso green preshave cream

Brush: yaqi 24mm purple haze

Soap: Tabac

Razor: yaqi katana

Blade: permasharp #2

Tabac Thursday :)
Second outing for the yaqi katana - very nice razor that really does deliver the results. Blade has been on its second use and I must say I’m quite impressed - it definitely got smoother since it’s first outing yet still sharp. With two passes I already was at dfs, went for third pass and ended up with DFS++ type of shave.

All that finished off with healthy dose of tabac asl that caused only a little sting. Skin is feeling great , smooth and refreshed.

Have a good day Gentlemen !

View attachment 68212
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: TDS Rose Note
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia Space Tuxedo
Razor: Parker 22R Interceptor
Blade: Tiger Platinum (1)

On to the third and final of my TDS soaps. Once again, the lather is mightily impressive. The scent is far away from Harris' rose, and again has the sour undertone that I got from the lilac. Mix of jasmine, black pepper and "other aphrodisiacs" apparently:oops: The lotion starts in the same way as the menthol with a "medicinal" kick, but soon mellows to what I would describe as closer to a Turkish Delight rosewater scent. It does appear to hang around for a while as well, which is nice as I've no intention of applying anything else today. As previously, no pre or post shave products used, and yet my skin feels amazing. The Tiger once again excelled, and I start the day smelling sweet and feeling relaxed.
Great set up, I wish I had a nose as good as yours for picking out individual scents in my soaps! :)

Paul.

Todays Cold Water Shave Kit - Thursday 15th April 2021

Shave Score 10.0/10.0

PreShave: Hot Shower
PreShave Cream: Proraso Refreshing PreShave Cream
Soap: Pheonix & Baue - Spitfire
Brush: Yaqi 24mm - Purple Haze
Razor: RazoRock GC .84 OC
Blade: KAI (2)
Post Shave ASL: Oaken - Batavia Barber
Post Shave Balm: Pheonix & Baue - Spitfire
Post Shave Cologne: John Varvartos - Artisan Pure

2nd shave on this KAI, typically finding this to be my favourite blade of all (at least for these 2 first shaves) we shall see how it goes on this most expensive of blades :)

Have a good one all.

Joe

IMG_0867.jpeg

Great set up, I wish I had a nose as good as yours for picking out individual scents in my soaps! :)

Paul.
To be fair to TDS, the initial blurb they provide has been been pretty spot on, so it gives a good head start. I know how much I appreciate it when I read users' thoughts on performance and scent of a product - there's so much out there (and some at hefty prices) that it's good to get a handle on what might well work brilliantly but not suit my taste. The recent wool fat discussion's proved that. There's those that are raving over it, but conversely there are a minority like me who just don't get on with the "funk" and to be honest I doubt if I'd have partaken if I'd seen reviews before purchasing!

IMG_20210414_123555-01.jpeg

Next up in my rotational peregrination is the Leaf Twig. Unlike many reviewers and users, I have not been too impressed with its performance previously, finding it inefficient and causing me to over-shave. However, I’m always willing to try again.

This time I paid particular attention to preparation and my angles. I was rewarded with an excellent shave, I think probably the best I’ve had from the Twig.

I prepped carefully in the shower and applied liberal quantities of lather from the PAA Cube and the lovely Fjellheim.

The Twig, being so light and agile makes you want to zip through your shave, it’s strange - I had to make a conscious effort to slow down. I did this in part by rinsing the head after every two or three strokes. That and paying attention to the angle, using the head itself which inclines to the perfect angle, resulted in a very close, smooth shave, with only the tiniest bit of burn when I applied some Phoenix & Beau Trafalgar aftershave. Nice!

Razor: Leaf Twig
Blade: Feather (1)
Soap: Fitjar Fjellheim
Brush: PAA Peregrino
Pre-shave: PAA CUBE
Post-shave: Phoenix & Beau Trafalgar
Bowl: Face Lather

My next razor will be the MerKur 15C - I've always had great shaves with it, my only OC.

Stay safe and enjoy your shaves!

15/04/21
Pre: Shower
Brush: Alpha Outlaw Titanium G4 Synth
Soap: Signature Soap Eboracum
Razor: R94 Mühle Rocca V4 Stainless
Blade: Wizamet SI (4)
Post shave: Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Proraso Green
Aftershave: Proraso Green
Wk15 (6).JPG
The signature soap face lathered straight from the tin providing plenty of good stuff for the shave.
Following yesterday's same 2 Pass shave routine i achieved a very comfortable BBS Finish, the blade is still smooth and sharp.
Sitting in the cooling glow of a nice post shave routine.

The Fatboy Pass around has turned up today so hopefully that will be getting a run out soon.
Thanks Chris and all involved in this passaround.
20210415_122440.jpg20210415_122701.jpg
Stay safe and enjoy your day All.

Last edited:
Thursday

OSP Neroli
PAA Atomic Rocket 26mm synth
Face lather
Gillette New (England, 1934)
Gillette Silver Blue
Thayer’s Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
OSP Neroli Tonic

Another glorious 2 passes today. I think I got 4-5 shaves out of the Silver Blue. It started to drag just a wee bit. No complaints though; as it gave a great encore in the 1934 New.

DDCBE7C4-AB87-4169-AB9D-0907456D8759.jpeg

Today’s Shave .

Pre. ..... Face wash L’Oreal cleansing gel,
Soap ..... Palmolive
Brush. ... Beehive
Blade. .... 7 o’clock yellow
Razor. .... Ikon b1 oss/ windrose handle ss
Asb. ...... L’Oreal
ASL ..... Dior Sauvage
EDT. ..... Lidl Homme

Pleasant shave, blade and razor a nice combo and Palmolive always gives a nice super slick lather.. Now smelling nice and super smooth.

Stay safe , keep smiling :)

Back
Top Bottom