SOTD : Saturday 10rd April to Friday 16th April 2021.

View attachment 68195

Don't care if I smell like Babushka!
Killer brush! You need a Ruskie Gillette knock off from the '50's.

DSCN6668.JPG

Today's Shave

1948 Gillette Aristocrat
Gillette Blue Blade
ESC Big Jock Synthetic
Proraso preshave white
Proraso Shaving Soap white
Proraso Aftershave Balm white

On the 3rd March I lost my dad, and today was his cremation, so I needed that perfect shave today, and that honor went to the Aristocrat calling for nothing but the very best for my dad, and it delivered that perfect shave. I can only hope I did him proud.

RIP Dad

January 16th 1944 - 3rd March 2021

Kindest Regards John
My condolences to you...

Either way, Master - it doesn't matter - just had the Tate Modern on the phone - fifty large for the Raven's Nest - I think the phrase they used was - 'Almost Swiftian in its rapier-like subtlety' - and the same money again for the other two parts of the Corvid Triptych - which I have yet to come up with - shouldn't be a problem - bullshit and conceptual art are pretty much synonyms. Oh - they aren't twigs - in fact, shredded paper - which I then twisted to resemble nesting material - do you have any idea how long that took? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::love: - I.

@jimmyc - actually, I think you nailed that one - have you considered a career as an art critic?

Conceptualism then? This is some crap I came up with some years back and hangs in the house

IMG_20210407_202017.jpg

Death of Canvas

IMG_20210407_202032.jpg

Death of the paint brush and death of paint

IMG_20210407_202047.jpg

An explosion of pencils

There are a few others I did as part of 'The death of art' concept

Oh - they aren't twigs - in fact, shredded paper

Oh. In that case you are forgiven and I retract any previous remarks. Welcome to the dojo. And may your paper crumpling bring joy and heart to the unlearned and those without joy and heart. Los bastardos miserables

Or something like that

Thu 15th SE SOTD
Soap Proraso Green
Brush Yaqi 24mm Mountain Lake
Razor Yaqi AC Brass
Blade Feather ProGuard 12th
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Hyaluronic + Proraso Green Splash & Balm
Really missed this soap. It was super wonderful!! A very nice and enjoyable scent, cooling sensation, creamily thick and good slick lather...just marvelous!!
Another great shave with the razor paired with the 12th used blade. Super smooth and very comfortable for 3passes without any issues for a glass-like bbs finish. The well-used blade remains efficient. Wonderful aftershaves to capped a thoroughly magnificent shave session.
20210415_091033.jpg

SOTD : 15th April 2021.

80.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears ~ Transparent Bar Soap With Mint Extracts. + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
Brush: Chinese Unbranded Silvertip Fibre.
Face Lather.
Lather : Chinese Cologne Soap.
Blade: Indian Gillette 7'0clock Super Platinum. (D4)
Razor: Ab Inox Eco Safety Razor.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils. + 3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Aloe Vera Gel./ Duru ~ Mandarin Cologne

Greetings,

Early morning shave,

Last outing of the Indian Gillette 7'0clock Super Platinum which has performed superbly throughout the week, and has paired together wonderfully with all of my Chinese made clone razors throughout the week.

Another enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a generous splash of Duru ~ Mandarin Cologne.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Today's Shave

1948 Gillette Aristocrat
Gillette Blue Blade
ESC Big Jock Synthetic
Proraso preshave white
Proraso Shaving Soap white
Proraso Aftershave Balm white

On the 3rd March I lost my dad, and today was his cremation, so I needed that perfect shave today, and that honor went to the Aristocrat calling for nothing but the very best for my dad, and it delivered that perfect shave. I can only hope I did him proud.

RIP Dad

January 16th 1944 - 3rd March 2021

Kindest Regards John
Sorry to read of your loss John. Sincere condolences for you and your family.

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Ash Wood 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Noble Otter ~ Plunder
Razor/Blade:- Muhle Rocca R94 / Wizamet SI #3
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Hugo Boss (Original)

Conceptualism then? This is some crap I came up with some years back and hangs in the house

View attachment 68200

Death of Canvas

View attachment 68201

Death of the paint brush and death of paint

View attachment 68202

An explosion of pencils

There are a few others I did as part of 'The death of art' concept

Oh. In that case you are forgiven and I retract any previous remarks. Welcome to the dojo. And may your paper crumpling bring joy and heart to the unlearned and those without joy and heart. Los bastardos miserables

Or something like that
I remember you posting these years back..love a bit of abstract artwork

Either way, Master - it doesn't matter - just had the Tate Modern on the phone - fifty large for the Raven's Nest - I think the phrase they used was - 'Almost Swiftian in its rapier-like subtlety' - and the same money again for the other two parts of the Corvid Triptych - which I have yet to come up with - shouldn't be a problem - bullshit and conceptual art are pretty much synonyms. Oh - they aren't twigs - in fact, shredded paper - which I then twisted to resemble nesting material - do you have any idea how long that took? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::love: .
Laughed this morning. I wish I could write.

174459287_459839261959985_5673932035097300801_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: TDS Rose Note
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia Space Tuxedo
Razor: Parker 22R Interceptor
Blade: Tiger Platinum (1)

On to the third and final of my TDS soaps. Once again, the lather is mightily impressive. The scent is far away from Harris' rose, and again has the sour undertone that I got from the lilac. Mix of jasmine, black pepper and "other aphrodisiacs" apparently:oops: The lotion starts in the same way as the menthol with a "medicinal" kick, but soon mellows to what I would describe as closer to a Turkish Delight rosewater scent. It does appear to hang around for a while as well, which is nice as I've no intention of applying anything else today. As previously, no pre or post shave products used, and yet my skin feels amazing. The Tiger once again excelled, and I start the day smelling sweet and feeling relaxed.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom