SOTD : Saturday 10rd April to Friday 16th April 2021.

Sat 10th SE SOTD
Soap OSP BayRum
Brush Yaqi 24mm Arctic Sky Deep Blue
Razor Yaqi AC Aluminum
Blade Feather Professional New & 1st Use
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel BayRum + Hyaluronic + Clubman VIBR
My best bayrum scent soap. The lather quality is very good too. Thickly creamy and very slick.
Shave with razor paired with the new Feather Professional blade was quite good. In fact, the initial feel was abit better comparing to the Proline. It was smooth and can feel the blade was crisply sharp but comfortable. Easy 3pass for a mostly bbs finish with a user mistake of nicking my upper lips...hahaha. Hmmm...still not as good feel and efficient as the guarded blades though, ymmv. Very nice matching aftershaves.
20210409_220623.jpg
20210410_072542.jpg

SOTD : 10th April 2021.

77.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears ~ Transparent Bar Soap With Mint Extracts. + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
Brush: Chinese Unbranded Silvertip Fibre.
Bowl Lather.
Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather : Kiss My Face ~ Peaceful Patchouli Shave Cream.
Blade : Indian Gillette 7'0clock Super Platinum. (D1)
Razor : Yintal 9036-I TTO.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils. + 3 Menthol Crystals. Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./L'0REAL ~ Barber Club Reinforcing ASB.

Greetings,

(Chinese Clone razor week.)

A new shave set up to start the weekend....Carrying on with my month of Indian made DE blades using the Gillette 7'0clock Super Platinum, which paired together with the Yintal super speed clone superbly making a mild smooth efficient duo.

It's been a while since i last used the KMF shave cream and forgot how you only need a small amount to get a adequate slick protective lather without adding more to the mix...Don't be put off with it's feminine packaging it's a great shaving cream which i should and will use more regularly with my shave set ups.

A enjoyable 3 pass +pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off a with a small dollop of L'0REAL ~ Barber Club Reinforcing ASB.

My face & precious swede are feeling smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Cherry Wood 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Noble Otter ~ Orbit
Razor/Blade:- RazoRock SS Lupo 72 / Gillette Gillette Nacet #1
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- L'Occitane Baux

Thank you, Prince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh for your greatest support and service to our Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and to the whole Commonwealth around the world, my full condolences, and respect to the Royal family.

So mote it be.

SATURDAY
PRE: bloom water
RAZOR: Gillette ‘51 W2 Gold Aristocrat
BLADE: NOS Wlkinson Sword made in England
BRUSH: Heritage Ever-Ready 26mm SHD Gel
SOAP: Williams‌ ‌Shave Soap‌ ‌in‌ ‌a‌ ‌vintage‌ ‌mug‌

g6AqBpp.jpg

Weekend shave, after a warm shower .

Bowl ,,,,,, Steve Woodhead
Soap. ...... ToBS Tobacco leaf
Brush. ..... Paladin Chief
Razor. ..... Occam Oren
Blade. ..... Schick
ASL. ....... Tabac
ASB. ...... L’Oreal

Using an Se for my weekend shave and what a delight, smooth and close. All parts of this shave worked really well together. Now ready for the rest of the day .happy , happy,
Stay safe, keep smiling:)

BEFC5B40-8149-4A54-BC0F-54BDB51D8623.jpeg

Last edited: A moment ago

Last edited:
171611093_286128423113394_3939142548593266770_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Pre: Proraso Green
Soap: TDS Evergreen Juniper
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia Tuxedo
Razor: Parker 22R Interceptor
Blade: Voskhod (1)

Today's shave is dedicated to @Rubbish Triathlete who spurred me on to actually use my recent soap acquisitions ;) I reverted to the Voskhod blade to give the soap a fair run, as I know the Parker/Voskhod combo works perfectly for me.
The soap's performance was superb. It can take a lot of water, and one loading of the brush gave ample lather for two passes plus tidy up. Smell? Well I love the pine/juniper scent, and I can live with the lanolin - just. The barnyard is definitely there, and in a lighter scented soap might protrude more. The Kayaput's a nice bracer, but won't win prizes for complexity or subtlety. I am, however, feeling raring to go and refreshed rather than pampered. Right off to spend Saturday pulling down fences and trimming conifers, which seems entirely appropriate:D Have a great weekend, gents.

Weekend shave, after a warm shower .

Soap. ...... ToBS Tobacco leaf
Brush. ..... Paladin Chief
Razor. ..... Occam Oren
Blade. ..... Schick
ASL. ....... Tabac
ASB. ...... L’Oreal

Using an Se for my weekend shave and what a delight, smooth and close. All parts of this shave worked really well together. Now ready for the rest of the day .happy , happy,
Stay safe, keep smiling:)

BEFC5B40-8149-4A54-BC0F-54BDB51D8623.jpeg

Last edited: A moment ago
What's your opinion of the AC format now you've used it a few times, Alfie?

[IMG]

Two Pass Shaving Routine..
[IMG]

Hot Water prep & Massage with Argan Oil
Puma 83 Solingen Full Hollow 5/8th
Mason Pearson Pure Badger
Monsavon Bol Tallow Soap
Humphreys Witch Hazel

I Had a Shave Today with My Puma Solingen Full Hollow 5/8th..An Uber Smooth & Comfortable Close Shave..This Razor was Made for the French Market & Sports an Escher Thuringian Edge..A Fancy Scaled Rare Bird this One..Lovely Solingen Shaver..Wouldn't Expect Anything Else from a Classic Puma..Wunderbar..
:D

I Am Dolphin Smooth & Refreshed..
:git:

Billy..
:chores016:

With a start to the shaving week I begin with a shave themed 'We will shave you'

IMG_20210409_141656.jpg

Rol taj - Occam's Enoch
'etlh - Titan Mild
'ach pe'vIl - Yaqi Dandelion
Say'moHwI' tlhagh - Abbate y Mantia Krokus

It's another one of those 'Hit play' and sing along you shavateers

Shaver you're a boy make a big choice
Standing by the sink gonna be a clean man some day
You got lather on yo face
You big disgrace
Kickin' your can of foam all over the place

We will we will shave you

Shaver you're a young man scruffy faced man
Shoutin' in the mirror gonna take this fluff some day
You got blood on yo face
Cos yo can't shave
Wavin' your brush all over the place

Shaver you're an old man poor man
Spent all your money trying to gain perfection every day
(and listening to @Boycie83 too much)

You got fluff allover the place
You big disgrace
Somebody better teach you shaving your face

We will we will shave rock you

'And we will shave you' said the implements by the sink, 'we will'.

Another bit of sink time for the Krokus and what a super soap it is. I have recently taken more to face lathering, but for some reason the Abbate is one of those soaps which takes better to bowl lathering. Not as though there is in reality, not much difference between my face and a bowl. But bowl it was and what a wonderful golden lather it threw up. It is not quite 'Gold gold' but more that annoying colour they invented some years back called 'champagne gold' and then produced everything they could in it. Cars, HiFi, watches, condoms, vibrators. You name it, it came in champagne gold. But in this case I will give it credit as it is a lovely soap to shave with. Shades of gold aside. Soapy tales complete.

IMG_20210409_134317.jpg

For some reason the blade on the Enoch this time around was very forward and very pronounced. Having the dodgiest locating pins known to razorkind I did take it apart just to make sure the alignment and securing was correct and all in good order. I can only but guess the blade is not quite to the usual tolerances and slightly larger than usual. It certainly felt as if damage control was going to have to be exercised. And it duly was. And well worth the tightening up of my own tolerances for one of those Mary Poppins Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious shaves.

Throw on some L'Occitane aftershave balm and a splash of Abbate y Mantia Cologne to top off an excellent touchy feely finish shave.

'Wow, look girls, it's the most touchiest feeliest man of the day'

'What is touchy freely?'

'I don't know'

Have a wonderful weekend you people of the forum and I will leave you with some Mary Poppins. On second thoughts, no I won't and I shall leave you with something Japanese to give your weekends a rocking start. And I ain't talking Feather shaving products here, I am talking 'Nemophila'. Which probably sounds like some gross offence which could result in arrest. Fortunately they're not.

It is always an honour to follow Billy's SOTD with his wonderful photos and his beautiful straights

What's your opinion of the AC format now you've used it a few times, Alfie?
Hi Chris. It took me a few shaves to get used to the Occam, but now it is used on a regular basis and i'm really liking it,. I think you would have to try really hard to nic or cut yourself, and even though it looks odd it is very tactile and real easy to get a very smooth close shave.... happy days
Keep smiling mate :)

Back
Top Bottom