SOTD : Saturday 10rd April to Friday 16th April 2021.

金曜日のひげそり

SVデザートベティバー
しげきかみそり
フロ

XT030819.jpg

Friday's shave

SV Desert Vetiver
Simpson M7
Shigeki kamisori
Floris Elite

This was my first shave with a kamisori and my first shave with a new straight razor (my others are old English straights) and I'm blown away by how smooth and close it is. It certainly shaved as close as a Feather AC DX, if not closer! Easily my best straight shave to date.

That label doesn’t look straight to me Jay.
They best send another one then...haha don’t think there will be much chance of that hard enough work to get the first one right..have been speaking to Heather at Zingari as I explained my business won’t be going back there again and she assured me shaving station will be the new vendor here in the UK once certification has been received

SoTd
Just got back in time to upload today’s shave, was an excellent one decided to switch it up a bit and have a change so shaped up the anchor beard instead of a full shave with the non folding feather ss using the Kai pink mild artist club blade kindly gifted to me to try by @Driftwood thank you really nice and smooth think I’m going to have to give them both another try but think I slightly prefer the schick proline p30 it’s quite a close one though as both are a lovely blade. Oh and I finally got to try the new Zingari man No1...what a stunning scent. Beautiful smooth and refreshing shave !
View attachment 68247
Thanks Jay, both Kai Pink and P30 are good blades, pick what works best for you

BCADB541-00B0-45E4-AA41-E19CE93E50E4.jpeg
Pre: hot towel to the face, proraso green preshave cream

Brush: yaqi 26mm mysterious space tuxedo

Soap: Declaration grooming + chatillon lux lamplight penance

Razor: Rockwell 6s R4

Blade: Gillette Winner #2

what a shave - 3 passes for 95% BBS shave.
Decided to bowl lather this time to see how this soap performs - and it’s amazing. From the soaps I’ve tried so far it’s probably one of best performers. Nice residual slickness too so no need to reapply for touch ups. The scent is quite heavy on this one - can still smell it despite the aftershave splash and lotion . Very peculiar scent - probably would be best for autumn/winter

Blade is definitely a keeper - I’ll need to order a pack of 100 of them too I think. So sharp and smooth, literally gliding on the face and taking all of the hair off. Definitely my favourite right up there with Gillette 7o’clock blacks.

Shave finished off with generous splash of pinaud clubman and Ben Moore lotion. Face is feeling so smooth

No errors to report. Feeling fresh!

Have a great Friday gentlemen!

Today's shave with the theme 'Brian the shave'

View attachment 68254

Brian the razor - Colonial General V2
Brian the blade - Feather Super Professional
Brian the brush - Yaqi Dandelion
Brian the soap - Signature Soaps Londinium soap
Brian the splash - Signature Soaps Londinium splash

This shave contains no expletives, no silly art forms, no crumpled paper, nothing other than a great shave and a lot of Brians.

Have a most wonderful day and a great forthcoming weekend you lovely people.

And have some Japanese girls who I doubt are called Brian. It's those Otoboke Beaver girls again

And I love you all
Not to forget the other well known Brian. http://snailpacecycling.co.uk/wordpress/?page_id=370

16/04/21
Pre: Shower
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2
Soap: Signature Soap Britannia
Razor: R94 Mühle Rocca V4 Stainless
Blade: Wizamet SI (5)
Post shave: Cold water rinse, TC's Infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Proraso Green / Argan Oil
Aftershave: Proraso Green

Wk15 (7).JPG
A nice face lather with the wonderful Signature soaps, one of the top performers in my soap den, the Britannia just pipping the Eboracum in the scent stakes for me, i like the spice from the aniseed.
Another deliberate 2 pass shave routine using multi direction strokes according to beard mapping, it is taking a little more time at present as it is not a natural technique - yet. i will carry on with this routine to see if i can get it down as a more natural "procedure". This Wiza SI blade is still smooth and not tugging at all. I may run it out in another razor later on, i will see, saying that 5 brilliant shaves from 1 blade is more than enough and i could not really ask for more.
This weeks shaves have been really enjoyable considering i was not expecting too much from the V4 Rocca, i find it is a top shaver and is up there with the best of my DE's, it looks good, is well balanced and shaves me very well, YMMV. A big thank you to @RussellR5555.
I will be trying other blades out in it even though the pairing this week was a match made in shaver heaven for me.

Another very special package arrived today, the Pass-around Carbon CX316, thanks Chris @Boycie83 for forwarding this on. Next week will see it running for the week.

P4160001.JPGP4160002.JPG
Stay safe and enjoy your day All

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom