SOTD : Saturday 10rd April to Friday 16th April 2021.

Brush- Yaqi 24mm Marble
Soap- Ach Brito Mogno.... in a tin + Stirling Frost Drops = Coolness :cool:
Razor- Pal Injectomatic
Blade- Personna
Post- Speick ASL, Lea ASB
View attachment 68287
Not my closest shave, but a comfortable one.
I really like the Mogno and a bit of menthol goes really nicely with it :)
No Thank You Eww GIF by Tin Can Bros

Good evening gents

Soap - TOBS Rose
Brush - Maseto Badger
Razor - Yaqi Adjustable 6 6 2
Blade - Gillette 7 O’clock Sharpedge #5
Post - Barts Balm Bergamot and Vanilla
Splash - A&E Amber and RoseDD7CD309-54A6-4D95-8D3F-7621FB66C783.jpeg
Another great shave with the Yaqi adjustable, post shave excellent with the Balm and Amber and Rose splash. Probably the last run with this blade, it’s done really well for the last 5 outings, and the exciting thing is I’ve no idea what blade I’m going to go onto next.
Have a great weekend everyone, keep spreading the love.

Garry

Last edited:
Friday 16th April

ACtC-3fbr8BNjYRNDxd2gBuoQCz4r2kN7mVj-BuiuPFwZx1s_sXGt5DxDUKJ2ea3wTAgIVjKobUN6T_lFBn-3b8ob4RZoqlnLGwB_ktItuco7XsdlXy4wMk3vRWtK8TidtD5lJibDdS6EiQpfYMPK1cbA4GMCg=s800

French Pink Clay & Charcoal Face Soap
Vicco Turmeric Shaving Cream
Asylum Brush Works Scanlon w/Cashmere Synthetic 24mm
Yaqi Katana w/Windrose Darwin Handle
RK Stainless (2)
Jovan Musk Aftershave Cologne

Picture complete with dirt on the brush hair especially for @TobyC

Going for a bit more of the Indian experience with the Vicco Turmeric Shaving Cream. I rarely use this cream, but every time I do I'm always very impressed with the performance. It has a nice rhizomatic scent true of turmeric root and a light cooling sensation, likely from the sorbitol. Yeah! Very good indeed!

Despite being not especially sharp but sharp enough and not especially smooth but smooth enough, this RK blade has delivered two perfectly good single-pass shaves now. Consistent. Post-shave feels good and regrowth also. I think the closest equivalent that might be more widely known is the Shark Stainless, although the RK is probably less brutal. In that comparison there's another point of note: both the Shark Stainless and this RK Stainless have felt more like carbon than stainless in all aspects - the shave, post-shave and regrowth. Perhaps this is what those first generation of stainless blades felt like?

Enjoyed! Yes, enjoyed ... actually.

Last edited:
SoTd
Whatever possessed me I do not know but I had a go with the baume be hard soap using the feather artist club ss after immersing the soap in water for an 8 hour soak to see if it made any difference I can confidently say it didn’t. Certainly an experience had to finish the touch ups with the baume be cream as I had been subjected to more than enough torture for one evening hahaE1779082-6194-4C96-9444-809F11CBBBB9.jpeg

SoTd
Whatever possessed me I do not know but I had a go with the baume be hard soap using the feather artist club ss after immersing the soap in water for an 8 hour soak to see if it made any difference I can confidently say it didn’t. Certainly an experience had to finish the touch ups with the baume be cream as I had been subjected to more than enough torture for one evening hahaView attachment 68294
@RussellR5555 it’s alright you laughing...lol thought that one might tickle you

Back
Top Bottom