SOTD: Saturday 10 September - Friday 16 September 2022.

SOTD September 13 2022

Razor - Gillette Guard single blade cartridge
Soap - Valobra stick
Brush - Boti 30mm Silvertip (fan)
Post - rose water

I brought this razor a few days ago so thought I would give it a run out.
The shave was exceptional, super smooth yet super efficient.
Far better than the Bic single blade razor that I found to be a little too much.
This Gillette Guard razor would be great for all you head shaver's, shit, I nearly shaved my head it was so smooth!!!

Cheap as chips and exceptional at what it does!

Stay safe people,

Paul.
I gave a Guard a run out today as a dress rehearsal for the weekend. I had forgotton just how good they are. A really excellent result. The only downside for me is the plastic...but I suppose it is not single use and can be recycled?

I gave a Guard a run out today as a dress rehearsal for the weekend. I had forgotton just how good they are. A really excellent result. The only downside for me is the plastic...but I suppose it is not single use and can be recycled?
Yes, I don't really like plastic products but as you say, it's not a single use and throw away item and I'm sure it could be recycled at the end of its life.
It does give a fantastic shave though! :)

Paul.

Fri 16 SOTD
Soap/Cream Suezbana Lemon & Tea Tree
Brush Yaqi 22mm Joy Butterscotch Boar
Razor Parker SemiSlant
Blade BiC Chrome Platinum 3rd
Aftershave Reuzel Wood & Spice Splash
The cream hardened into soap...but otherwise, a lovely scent that matches well with the AS. Together with the small but soft brush, a fabulous lather was created...
Both razor and blade have been long ignored and were put into action. It sure did not disappoint...super comfortable smooth & efficient in 3passes for a bbs finish without any issues...
20220916_103219.jpg

16/09/22
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Simpson Chubby 2 LE Faux Tortoise Synth
Soap - Signature Soap Leodis
Razor - Schick Hydro-magic J3 1959-62
Blade - Personna Injector
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Lime Balm
A/S - Body Shop Arber EDT
Wk 37 (7).JPG
Another Birthday razor from family this year, On unwrapping i found it was a NOS Hydro-magic and i am over the moon with it, i was really looking forward to giving the razor its maiden run out. My sisters did very well with this one.
A wonderful lather again, it sort of goes without saying now, either face or bowl lathering you cannot really get it wrong with the Signature Soap line up, there will also be a scent for just about everyone.
So - Lathered up, razor in hand and off i went, initially finding my hand position on the long handle gave me some thought, then it just settled. The Blade was feeling a little harsh and i am hoping it settles soon. The WTG pass cleared most of what was there, i completed the ATG pass giving me a DFS finish, i had the lather and was enjoying the shave so i completed a buffing pass, mainly XTG finishing with a very close BBS finish.
A nice post shave routine to complete a very enjoyable bit of sink time.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All.

Last edited:
Last night's SOTD

Guys...........I think...........I might like Bay Rum after all, well this one anyway .

B&M Bay Rum (soap & splash)
Henson AL13 ++ with Super Shave X (2)
Leaf Razor with Treet Platinum saloons
Captain's Choice Obsidian bowl
Alpha UKWSS brush with AP Shave Co G5C knot
Thayer's witch hazel with cucumber
Nivea Pro Sensitive Ultra Calming balm

Really enjoying the Omnibus base, it gives an incredible lather. Some soaps can be easy to over hydrate, this stuff is almost the opposite and easy to under hydrate . PXL_20220915_195159557.jpg

SOTD: 16/09/2022

Razor: Rockwell 6s #3
Blade: Gillette Nacet, 1st use
Brush: Simpsons Chubby 3 Sovereign Grade
Bowl: Steve Woodhead Mega Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Red Sandalwood Cream
Soap: Southern Witchcrafts Necromantic Croap
Aftershave: Southern Witchcrafts Desairology Aftershave
Additional Care: Shave Tunes Fortunate Son By Creedence Clearwater Revival
Additional Care: Wife Sniff Test = Kiss Me Right Now

Birthday shave with my absolute favourites of all my shaving tackle. T'was a gud un.

D5EBA575-F3A0-4646-90A5-CE69293FADE2.jpeg

Birthday shave with my absolute favourites of all my shaving tackle. T'was a gud un.

View attachment 93509
Happy Birthday @shiny
Have a good one!

File it down and use it as a shiv once the economic situation really hits the fan!

Reuse ♻️

View attachment 93509
Happy birthday Mark!

16/09/22
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Simpson Chubby 2 LE Faux Tortoise Synth
Soap - Signature Soap Leodis
Razor - Schick Hydro-magic J3 1959-62
Blade - Personna Injector
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Lime Balm
A/S - Body Shop Arber EDT
View attachment 93507
Another Birthday razor from family this year, On unwrapping i found it was a NOS Hydro-magic and i am over the moon with it, i was really looking forward to giving the razor its maiden run out. My sisters did very well with this one.
A wonderful lather again, it sort of goes without saying now, either face or bowl lathering you cannot really get it wrong with the Signature Soap line up, there will also be a scent for just about everyone.
So - Lathered up, razor in hand and off i went, initially finding my hand position on the long handle gave me some thought, then it just settled. The Blade was feeling a little harsh and i am hoping it settles soon. The WTG pass cleared most of what was there, i completed the ATG pass giving me a DFS finish, i had the lather and was enjoying the shave so i completed a buffing pass, mainly XTG finishing with a very close BBS finish.
A nice post shave routine to complete a very enjoyable bit of sink time.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All.
What a wonderful present Tony! :)

Paul.

Back
Top Bottom