SOTD: Saturday 10 September - Friday 16 September 2022.

Razor: The J.A. Cobb Company (London)

first time using this safety razor and I think it's the only handmade safety razor I got but can't seem to find much info, so no idea about the age

Blade: Gillette Nacet (First Use)

Soap: Erasmic Shaving stick NOS,
no idea how old these are but I think the black box erasmic shaving sticks are older then the red box ones,
again first time using it and performed very well,
scent is very much like a generic soapy type of smell

All in all very good, smooth BBS shave

The razor clamps the blade down very well and I'd say it's about medium aggression and smooth too not just a beautiful razor to use not just look at too

IMG_20220914_211233.jpg

B829FD50-17C6-4360-9540-C4E35987AC16.jpeg
SOTD: 14/09/2022

Razor: Leaf Twig
Blade: Dorco Titan , 1st use
Brush: Omega #625 silver tip badger
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Pre-Shave Cream Sensitive Cream
Soap: Proraso Green Puck
Aftershave: PAA Awesome Sauce Aftershave
Balm: Proraso Crema Liquida Dopobarba Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

Perfectly efficient and capable but as some said about their leaf recently a little soulless. I kept this over the MARS mainly as I thought this would be easier for my son to use in a couple of years but I’m missing it’s very different but equally easy shaves in comparison.

SOTD: 15th September 2022.

4.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Mandarin & Lemongrass Extract Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears with Mint Extracts Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega 10051.
Face Lather.
Lather: Wickham 1912 Irish Fern. (Sample)
Blade: Dorco Titan. (D1)
Razor: Edwin Jagger DE 89. (Kelvin)

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse. / Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel. /Nivea Men 2 Phase + P&G Old Spice Original ASL Mixture. / Aloe Vera Gel.

Greetings,

Early Morning Shave,

Another very acceptable shave to finish my shaving week off in style.

The Wickham 1912 Irish fern soap like the classic 24 soap sample is a joy to shave with...The Wickham's soap's i have sampled are the best scented soap's that I've had the pleasure of trying to date. Adding to that they also provide a wonderful slick protective lather using only a small amount to create enough lather for the full shave leaving a great post shave feel.

I have enough of the 1912 Irish Fern sample left for one more outing to finish which i will use in a future shave.

The Dorco Titan was another great match with the Edwin Jagger DE 89 making a smooth efficient duo.

A very comfortable 2 pass + pick- ups shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a few small dollops of Aloe Vera Gel.

My face is feeling smooth cool & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

306692293_557825442780597_7331493616400188608_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: Figaro
Brush: 24mm Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Gillette Winner (2)

Thank Crunchie it's F.......ursday :whistle: Yep - the honeycomb treat scented setup makes a welcome return. And I'll fight anyone who tells me Cella is a better soap than Figaro ;) Actually that's not true - I'm far more likely to smile condescendingly and just say "Bless you".:p

Williams Wednesday

Alpha Classic G4 28mm
Williams Mug soap
Schick Type F
Schick S/S Single- Japan ( 5 )
Williams Aqua Velva A/S Lotion

Nearly missed using this one, as I had moved onto Twin blades prematurely. Regarded as many as a mild Razor, I find that it has just the amount of blade feel to assist you in getting a nice close all round finish.

F2D32551-BF2D-4D3C-88D0-C07EED6B1579.jpeg

15/09/22
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Vintage Vulfix service #3 1950's
Soap - Signature Soap Britannia
Razor - Schick Band Razor
Blade - Blade#1 Shave #5
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Lime Balm
A/S - Pinaud Whiskey Woods
Wk 37 (6).JPG
I nice shave with the Schick band razor today, a great concept which did not get a lot of love. Although the Blade does not feel super sharp it does work very well for my stubble weight. You can feel it cutting but it does not drag at all.
3 passes for a very comfortable BBS finish.
The Little Vulfix knot repair is still holding and working well, it whipped up a wonderful face lather from the "love - hate" Britannia soap, me? - - - i Love it.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

SOTD: 15/09/2022

Razor: Gillette 1956 USA B3 Red Tip
Blade: Gillette Nacet, 1st use
Brush: Simpsons Chubby 3 Sovereign Grade
Bowl: PAA Intergalactic Travel Scuttle
Preshave: Proraso Red Sandalwood Cream
Soap: Proraso Sandalwood Cream
Aftershave: Geo F Trumper Sandalwood Cologne
Balm: Proraso Red Sandalwood Balm
Additional Care: Shave Tunes Courtesy Of A 1956 Playlist To Match the Razor
Additional Care: Wife Sniff Test = Not Too Bad At All

Old school barbershop theme again today but with a red theme. Proraso Red all matchy matchy with the Gillette Red Tip razor. The Nacet blade tames this razor enough for me to actually use it. Very nice.

7D75FC75-8AC6-431B-974D-12295AEB490B.jpeg

ljIRHqZ.png

Thursday 09.15.22
RAZOR: RazoRock SS Hawk V3 OC
BLADE: Schick Proline
BRUSH: Oumo 26mm Lotus Manchuria SHD Badger
LATHER: Declaration Grooming La Petite Prairie Shaving Soap
POST: Declaration Grooming La Petite Prairie Aftershave Splash

Last edited:
Still on my DE week,
Razor: Ikon B1Slant with RazoRock Halo titanium handle
Blade: Mühle Rasurkultur
Lather: D.R.Harris Marlborough soap
Brush: Haryali two piece travel

My first use of a slant DE today
Not sure about the Marlboro, seems to have a pretty bland scent but then I did push some soap up my left nostril after too wild an initial application with the Haryali :p
The blade when fitted to the slant head presents a non uniform blade exposure, not huge but still very visible. I guess this is just the result of the twisting geometry. The razor is still quite a hefty piece despite the titanium handle. After a few gentle smooth passes I wondered if anything was happening as I couldn’t really feel or hear any cutting. However, my skin was smooth to the touch and I completed the shave but as it all seemed so easy I got a bit carried away, result was two small weepers. Take time and a light touch with this baby!
Have a great day fellas!FD2DCAF3-78E2-46E1-86D8-47B2881592AE.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom