SOTD: Saturday 10 September - Friday 16 September 2022.

SOTD: 10th September 2022.

1.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Mandarin & Lemongrass Extract Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Pears with Mint Extracts Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega 10066.
Face Lather.
Lather: Tabac Original Shaving Soap.
Blade: Personna Gem PTFE. (D4)
Razor: Supply V2.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel. /Tabac Original ASL. /L'0REAL Barber Club Reinforcing ASB.

Greetings,

(Face & Head Shave.)

A new eclectic shave set up to start the Weekend....Second outing of the Omega 10066 boar brush which is wonderful for face lathering...I personally find i get the best results from boar brushes when i face lather. Synthetic brushes are better for bowl lathering. Boar brushes also work better for me when using harder traditional shaving soaps.

A wonderful performance from the Supply V2.

Since my shaving den clean out i've now started to give some attention to shaving products that I've hardly used...It's been a while i last used the Tabac duo and as always, the performance from the soap & a/s was astounding, a wonderful slick protective lather from the soap with a classic old school scent from this superb old school duo....I have yet to try the new version of the soap, which isn't tallow based.

From my first use of Tabac products i was instantly hooked by the wonderful slick protective lather it created & old school fragrance.

It's one of those soaps that i could quite happily use with every shave, but that would become tedious and making it a mundane routine for me which traditional wet shaving should never become...I know some people have 'love/hate opinions on Tabac products The scent isn't for everyone which i totally understand, but for me personally the fragrance comes second besides once i do my cold water rinse the scent of the lather has virtually gone anyway with the exception of Tabac and a few others.

A close comfortable face & head shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of L'0REAL Barber Club Reinforcing ASB.

My face & precious swede are feeling smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend, ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Last edited:
Today's shave:

rdt220910yrdlr.jpg

- WestMan Adamastor
- Epsilon "Amphora" 2-Band
- 3ONE6 with Sputnik blade
- Isana Dark Ocean aftershave

:D

Sat 10 SR SOTD
Soap Smoking Monsters Zen Tea
Brush BOTI 26mm Fan Silvertip
Razor P Hospital Le Grelot Thiers
Aftershave B&M Seville Splash
Nice enough soap for the scent and lather qualities....whip up by the excellent brush...
Back to home shave with this nice razor. 3passes for a sas result. Some irritation at the neck...hmmm...
20220910_125522.jpg

305415269_1326345857772044_4572880562017588038_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: Arko Cream
Brush: Yaqi 26mm Mysterious Space Tuxedo
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (3)

Time to try and get back to regular posting after a pretty crap month. Took the family to Devon for a last minute holiday (no, that wasn't the crap bit you cynics = Woolacombe was amazing ;)) and returned with a bad dose of Covid. Fever, hallucinations, breathing difficulties, loss of smell, cough - the full set! First time I've had it, and even double jabbed it wiped me out. Then just as I thought I was over the worst - can't shift the cough but everything else passed - my body went into "shock" erupted in a burning rash from head to toe for a few days :mad:
Back at work now and coping with the last bit of brain fog. Nice to get into a routine again, and hopefully that's me done with this virus for a while!
The shave? Simple, safe setup that was a welcome return to the ritual. Hopefully back on here a bit more regularly now (y)

Last edited:
View attachment 93174

Time to try and get back to regular posting after a pretty crap month. Took the family to Devon for a last minute holiday (no, that wasn't the crap bit you cynics;)) and returned with a bad dose of Covid. Fever, hallucinations, breathing difficulties, loss of smell, cough - the full set! First time I've had it, and even double jabbed it wiped me out. Then just as I thought I was over the worst - can't shift the cough but everything else passed - my body went into "shock" erupted in a burning rash from head to toe :mad:
Back at work now and coping with the last bit of brain fog. Nice to get into a routine again, and hopefully that's me done with this virus for a while!
The shave? Simple, safe setup that was a welcome return to the ritual. Hopefully back on here a bit more regularly now (y)
..Simple shave set ups are my type of shave. :love: Take care and have a speedy recovery. Yours- Barry. (y)

View attachment 93174

Time to try and get back to regular posting after a pretty crap month. Took the family to Devon for a last minute holiday (no, that wasn't the crap bit you cynics = Woolacombe was amazing ;)) and returned with a bad dose of Covid. Fever, hallucinations, breathing difficulties, loss of smell, cough - the full set! First time I've had it, and even double jabbed it wiped me out. Then just as I thought I was over the worst - can't shift the cough but everything else passed - my body went into "shock" erupted in a burning rash from head to toe for a few days :mad:
Hope you're mended soon. We sometimes share a little too much in Devon!

View attachment 93174

I hope you're back to full health soon.

View attachment 93174

The lingering cough may be a chest infection.
This is what happened to me after my first bout of Covid.
If it continues antibiotics will help.

Speedy recovery

P

IMG_20220910_091222_3.jpg
SOTD September 9 2022

Razor - Tedalus Essence
Blade - Feather Pro Super
Soap - Signature Soaps - Capra
Brush - Boti 30mm Silvertip (fan)
Post - Thayer's astringent
Frag - Tobacco Reserve - Aramis Edp

This is the only razor I have been using for the last 10 days and I've found using it with the Pro Super blade replicates using one of my straight razor's in every aspect, apart from having to strop it after every use!
The shaves I've been getting are superb.
The attention to detail and super tight tolerances are spot on, I am a very happy bunny! :)
A mention to Signature Soaps for the wonderful Capra which always leaves my skin feeling supple and never fails to produce a super lather.
I'm also loving using the 30mm SHD Silvertip from Boti, super soft and doesn't hog lather, a lovely brush.

I hope you all have a relaxing weekend.

Paul.

SOTD 10-Sep
20220910_093204.jpg
Brush: C&H 'Manga'
Soap: NO Monoi De Tahiti
Razor: Blackland Era
Blade: Feather HS (1)

Nope nope nope, a fresh feather in the Era is never going to touch my face again. As rough as a bears arse, never expected that as the Era is on the mild side for me and I've never had a problem with fresh blades in it, and feathers in other razors have been fine. So either it's not suitable for me or the blade was knackered somehow.

Smoothish and sadly not irritation free, but still roughly ready for the day! Off to peruse the power tools (with permission), need a new circular and portable bench...kid in a sweet shop!

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

Back
Top Bottom