SOTD: Saturday 10 September - Friday 16 September 2022.

0C9FDFA4-73E4-49D1-8E20-E2B3476CF108.jpeg

Shavemac TSR L.E.
Rockwell 6C (3)
Polsilver Łódź (3)
Haslinger Honig (tallow)
Thayer’s Cucumber witch hazel
Speick Active a/s

Having recently finished a tub of GFT Limes I repurposed the bowl for a cake of nos tallow Haslinger bought from the BST some while ago. A great soap that is alas is no more in tallow format. I have one other tallow cake stashed so well I can’t find it just now.

Enjoy yours gents.

2CD1151D-73BE-4056-8A85-AF7F6DEE9936.jpeg
SOTD: 10/09/2022

Razor: Rockwell 6s
Blade: Gillette Nacet, 3rd use
Brush: Yaqi Purple Haze
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Mitchell’s Wool Fat Puck
Aftershave: Proraso Green Aftershave
Balm: L’Oréal All In 1 Moisturising Cream Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

I upped the 6s to plate 5 for a lovely close shave. The MWF was lovely and the splash a delight, a great weekend shave!
Enjoy the weekend guys.

tkAaDCk.png

Sunday 09.11.22
RAZOR: ATT Aluminum SE1 Bamboo Handle
BLADE: Schick Proline
BRUSH: Oumo 01 Venus SHD Badger
LATHER: Phoenix and Beau Albion Shaving Soap

Sat 10th September

Cyril Salter MS. ED2band
L’Occitane Cade soap
Claymore Evolution
Kai Captain Titan Protouch ( 5 )
Floid Vigoroso A/S Lotion

Another pre day out Shave with The Evo, so well set up for meeting new people. A long day out as out at 7 Andy due to traffic not back till 8.30. At least a Home Meeting today.

86E8B7DD-4283-4712-B5AF-5C498B80EF40.jpeg

Last edited:

SOTD: 11th September 2022.

2.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Mandarin & Lemongrass Extract Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears with Mint Extracts Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega 10077.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Bath House Spanish Fig & Nutmeg Shaving Soap.
Blade: Dorco Titan. (D1)
Razor: 1960's Gillette Slim Twist.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse. / Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel. /Herbs of Bulgaria Lavender ASL. /Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel.

Greetings,

A relaxing Sunday morning shave.

The Bath House soap provided a wonderful lather in a short space of time. I find this shaving soap similar to MWF which i like very much, it's fragrance to my nose is a very pleasant 'Spicy' scent which is a great autumn/winter soap, but i use it if and when to my fancy not just for the colder months of the year... Another soap that gives a fantastic post shave feel.

The 1960's slim twist was my first vintage Gillette DE razor which was kindly passed on to me by a friend of the family. I've said this on many occasions, it still amazes me that a near 60-year-old vintage razor can still shave so smoothly.

After the comfortable shaves I've had with the Dorco st300 blades, I've carried on using the Korean made Dorco titan another blade that paired together with the wonderfully.

Like the ST300, the Dorco titan may not be the sharpest blade but, they are smooth sharp & very forgiving.

An enjoyable 2 pass + pick-ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report. Finishing to the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Last edited:
Sun 11th September

Alpha Classic G4 28mm
Ach Brito Mogno
Claymore Evolution
Kai Captain Titan Protouch MG ( 6 )
Tuff Red A/S Lotion

Out again today sonused The Evo today. I think I was rather cavalier about the performance of this combo, and rather rushed the Shave too much.In fact I rushed so much that the finish around the neck is honestly sub par and probably was one of my worst ever Shave with The Evo.

48E4188E-74E7-4427-8A53-5E57673FAB40.jpeg

11/09/22
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Mühle Lge Classic Silvertip Synth
Soap - Signature Soap Vectis
Razor - OneBlade Genesis
Blade - Modified GEM PTFE S/S
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Lime Balm & Lotion
A/S - Body Shop Arber EDT
Wk 37 (2).JPG
I don't use the Oneblade enough really, it really is an easy razor to use. I do not know anyone who has managed to cut themselves with one, however, it just works as a stubble remover.
It is so comfortable in use, feeling like one of my mildest razors with the efficiency of my wildest, bloody weird.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

New week and a shave themed, 'A quick one on a Sunday morning'

20220910_160150.jpg

Morning happiness - Stainless General
Big smile - Schick Proline
Do what? - AP Shaving 24mm Cashmere
No chance - Extro Arzachena
Cup of tea then? - Extro Arzachena

'Yup, I'll take the tea thank you'

A lovely start to a new week and perfection all the way. Enough to make me smile and think 'Ah well, it's a great alternative'.

What could be a better start to the week than some Aldious and that lovely Yoshi. Go go go

SOTD: 11/09/2022

Razor: Colonial General With UFO Colibri Handle
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink SE, 2nd use
Brush: Simpsons Chubby 3 Sovereign Grade
Bowl: Lickimat Wobble Green Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube 2.0 Soap
Soap: Southern Witchcrafts Samhain Croap
Aftershave: Southern Witchcrafts Samhain Aftershave
Additional Care: Shave Tunes Courtesy Of An Easy Sunday Classical Playlist
Additional Care: Wife Sniff Test = Devine

Back from holiday but still have another week off work. I didn't post many SOTD last week as they were all the same.

Used an almost identical setup today than the day I went on holiday. Not so good today with my nemesis the General. Very tuggy and had to change to my best performing razor the Rockwell. I got all excited when I went on holiday after an excellent SE shave and started looking at Vectors etc. down to earth with a bump today.

Soap and balm made up for it though, I now smell like a New England gift shop in the fall. Heavenly.

02DC3BD2-26CC-4DA0-9860-DDC776A7640F.jpeg

BF9D64A5-9EB7-4801-8561-2C69E32D2803.jpeg
SOTD: 11/09/2022

Razor: Tatara Masamune
Blade: Voskhod Teflon Coated, 1st use
Brush: Yaqi Bali Silvertip Badger
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Wickham’s 1912 Citrus Musk Puck
Aftershave: TOBS No. 7 Lime Aftershave
Balm: Bart’s Balm Sample Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

A super Sunday shave, I wanted to go back to my steel Masamune after trying the titanium version as I was worried I wouldn’t enjoy it as much. I was happy to find this wasn’t the case, the extra weight actually helped the Masamune feel more efficient. Don’t get me wrong I loved the titanium version too but I’d class them as different razors almost, as the weight makes a massive difference to the outcome depending upon the set up you use. The Wickhams as ever was lovely and the Yaqi does a super job of lathering it up and doesn’t hog the lather too much either!
Enjoy the weekend guys.

Back
Top Bottom