SOTD: Saturday 10 September - Friday 16 September 2022.

Thursday SEptember 15, 2022
Razor: Injector Type G
Blade: Injector
Brush: Fluffy Inds. Badger/Boar Mix
Soap: Løthur Dave
AS 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
AS 2: Nivea 2 into 1
Fragrance:
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,409

Nice face and back of the neck shave with the Type G which gets me about half way thru the Injectors A thru O for the SE Month. Hope all have a great day !
IMG_20220915_061754127.jpg

15 September

Signature Soaps Eboracum
Simpson Duke 3
Edwin Jagger DE89
Feather Hi-Stainless
Signature Soaps Hibernia Splash

D5022AC6-AB2D-4620-84DC-9FAAC8339163.jpeg
I am still enjoying the sample of Eboracum gratefully received from @BrianH with my last order of soaps. Thanks Brian. Another great shave with the Edwin Jagger, a razor that I could live with, as I did for more than a year when I started DE shaving, but, I think my shave has improved considerably since then :).

Razor = Karve CB Aluminium ( B )
Blade = Gillette Nacet ( 2 )
Brush = 26mm High Mountain Badger from Bobby Moffat @sawdustcreationstudios
Soap = May Chang from the gentleman’s groom room with matching splash
Balm = Good Old Nivea
A67F3926-8346-4D15-9306-3D751B0B4693.jpegAnother early ish shave today.
im working night shift so once im awake it’s straight in the shower and a lovely shave.
For the guys that don’t know this is a wickhams soap but exclusive to The Gentleman’s Groom Room Dundee and it truly is a wonderful performer as you would expect from wickhams but the scent on this is tremendous.
Loving sweet floral scent & pretty much oriental.
A class relaxing 3 pass shave before the grief starts in a few hours lol.
Onwards & Upwards
Stay Safe Boys & Girls

Razor: The J.A. Cobb Company (London)

first time using this safety razor and I think it's the only handmade safety razor I got but can't seem to find much info, so no idea about the age

Blade: Gillette Nacet (First Use)

Soap: Erasmic Shaving stick NOS,
no idea how old these are but I think the black box erasmic shaving sticks are older then the red box ones,
again first time using it and performed very well,
scent is very much like a generic soapy type of smell

All in all very good, smooth BBS shave

The razor clamps the blade down very well and I'd say it's about medium aggression and smooth too not just a beautiful razor to use not just look at too

View attachment 93435
Good Find Saj

15 September

Signature Soaps Eboracum
Simpson Duke 3
Edwin Jagger DE89
Feather Hi-Stainless
Signature Soaps Hibernia Splash

View attachment 93454
I am still enjoying the sample of Eboracum gratefully received from @BrianH with my last order of soaps. Thanks Brian. Another great shave with the Edwin Jagger, a razor that I could live with, as I did for more than a year when I started DE shaving, but, I think my shave has improved considerably since then :).
It’s a pleasure. Best Regards Brian

Thursday

Thought I'd join in with the SEptember shenanigans after giving my new, old Gillette's a test.

This was the first Ever Ready that I got my hands on. Fresh GEM blade inserted. First pass I think I hadn't quite remembered the angle of the dangle. Pass number 2 took the rest off and left me smooth as the proverbial babies arse!

Fantastic soap performance from the Londinium that I then paired up with Proraso splash.

Think I'm going to enjoy the rest of this SE month as I pull out the different SEs that I have.

Attachments

• IMG_20220915_102907__01.jpg
    IMG_20220915_102907__01.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 9
Thursday AM 2022-09-15
National Double Cheeseburger Day
TRt9R5H.jpg

Rooney Emillion 1 Porcelain Finest (24/48)
Penhaligon's Opus 1870 shaving cream
Paradigm 17-4
Wilkinson Light Brigade (2)
Calvin Klein Obsession aftershave
nL8eD8y.jpg

Thursday 15th September

Soap • Tabac
Brush • Boti 30mm Leader SHD
Razor • Occams Enoch
Blade • Schick Proline P (1)
Post • Quorum Aftershave

This shave was made possible by @Boycie83 who has very kindly loaned me two of his SE/AC razors. Thank you Chris.

The first stroke with the Enoch showed that this razor is sure-footed and precise. (I won't go in to the blade loading, as I'm sure a lot of you here know about it already!)
It may be that I used a fresh Proline, but it felt somewhat more assertive than my Hawk V3 (Standard plate.)
The shave seemed to be over in short order, which to me, indicated that it's a razor that is easy to get along with from the off.

Thanks again to @Boycie83

P

Thursday 15th September

Soap • Tabac
Brush • Boti 30mm Leader SHD
Razor • Occams Enoch
Blade • Schick Proline P (1)
Post • Quorum Aftershave

This shave was made possible by @Boycie83 who has very kindly loaned me two of his SE/AC razors. Thank you Chris.

The first stroke with the Enoch showed that this razor is sure-footed and precise. (I won't go in to the blade loading, as I'm sure a lot of you here know about it already!)
It may be that I used a fresh Proline, but it felt somewhat more assertive than my Hawk V3 (Standard plate.)
The shave seemed to be over in short order, which to me, indicated that it's a razor that is easy to get along with from the off.

Thanks again to @Boycie83

P

Excellent @Paul L

Think you may have already discovered why I think it is the fastest razor in the west

And in further support of SEptember I am happy to present a DE razor and the theme, 'Simply, class'

20220915_174441.jpg

Class - Ikon B1
Class - Polsilver Lodz
Class - Yaqi Dandelion
Class - Signature Soaps Londinium
Class - L'Occitane Cade balm
Class - Guerlain Homme

'Mr Satanfriendly? You are indeed class'

'Fank you mith'

Simply throw some of your favourite bits in to the mix. Sort them all out, and what can go wrong?

Nothing

And shaved to absolute perfection, looking smooth and swish. Even if I do have one eye considerably higher than the other, buckled teeth, cauliflower ears and a bad hair cut. Guess I can't have everything.

Hope everyone's happy and well and feel so good at this end you can have some very happy girls to sing you out.....

Last edited:
And in further support of SEptember I am happy to present a DE razor and the theme, 'Simply, class'

View attachment 93489

Class - Ikon B1
Class - Polsilver Lodz
Class - Yaqi Dandelion
Class - Signature Soaps Londinium
Class - L'Occitane Cade balm
Class - Guerlain Homme

'Mr Satanfriendly? You are indeed class'

'Fank you mith'

Simply throw some of your favourite bits in to the mix. Sort them all out, and what can go wrong?

Nothing

And shaved to absolute perfection, looking smooth and swish. Even if I do have one eye considerably higher than the other, buckled teeth, cauliflower ears and a bad hair cut. Guess I can't everything.

Hope everyone's happy and well and feel so good at this end you can have some very happy girls to sing you out.....

Cool SOTD pic, simply class! :)

Paul.

0C00056B-F6F8-4146-BA81-53D7E68774CE.jpeg
SOTD: 15/09/2022

Razor: Leaf Twig
Blade: Dorco Titan , 2nd use
Brush: AP Shave Co. Lemon Drop G5A
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: PAA Gondolier Puck
Aftershave: William Hunt Oud De Parfum Aftershave
Balm: L’Oreal Men Expert Reinforcing Aftershave Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

I’m trying and failing to reduce my soap collection but when it smells as good as this I don’t care. Added to my new scents I love pile, that’s not overly citrus based this goes in high in my favourites list. Another solid shave with the Twig but it is just too simple, I think this will go in the drawer for my son the learn with.

Back
Top Bottom