SOTD: Saturday 10 June - Friday 16 June 2023.

IMG_1941.jpeg
SOTD: 15/06/2023

Razor: Hone 15
Blade: Pol Silver Super Iridium, 2nd use
Brush: Shedeleven Spalted Scottish Hawthorn AP Shave Co G5C 26mm Fan
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Master Soap Creations Night On The Town Puck
Balm: Baxter Of California Aftershave Balm
Fragrance: Jean Paul Gautier Le Male Eau de Toilette

32F798DB-9784-42EF-B6A3-5E01F2F4FA73.jpeg
Simpson Duke 2 SiLVERTiP
Schick Krona
Polsilver Łódź (1)
C&S Oxford & Cambridge (tallow)
Thayer’s Lavender witch hazel
D.R. Harris Arlington a/s

First use of my NOS, birth year Krona. I wasn’t looking for either, but this one grabbed my attention whilst browsing, and here we are! It’s a lovely, daily ‘everyman’ razor. I can see why they where so popular.
It has a slight in built shaving angle, which makes it comfortable and intuitive in use. I’m quite taken by it.

Excellent lather from the Valobra made soap.

Happy and refreshed.

Enjoy your gents.

SOTD 16-June
20230615_113816.jpg
Brush: Chubby 2 SiLVERTiP
Soap: A&E Cha Cha Matcha
Razor: WR4
Blade: Super Pro

Very nice shave this morning, switch out for the super was more my speed. Also popped on a Shield Ti handle which helped a little, but considering the weight difference between this and the SS Darwin is only 5g it wasn't a massive shift. Smooth during the shave but got a bit of feedback on the splash (could be the fresh super).

Thus far it seems like a nice razor, the shaving angle is intuitive and it's nimble. As I understand it this is a 0.77 gap and his standard gap offerings are between 0.40-0.80 (open to correction on both), so despite it being at the upper end it seems quite forgiving. A few more shaves to play with it and wear in the super and I'll see where my head is.

Something to keep in mind with any of my thoughts or comments. I've tried a few SE AC razors (Hawk V3-A, Shield AC, Yaqi Raster, Asylum RX V2, Vector) but I don't consider myself an AC user. All barring the vector have been moved on to new homes. I either didn't get on with them or just didn't enjoy using them. So any comments I make on this thing (or anything to be fair) should be taken with a barrel full of salt.

Hope everyone has a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

Or alternatively

To the Japanese girly section at the end

Ahem, ladies and gentlemen. Once again the 'Shaving Party' finds itself courting with controversy. It's present party leader (reinstated twice previous) has been found to have acted in a deliberately misleading manner over matters of the 'Shaving Party gate'. It centres in the main in having a group of more than five razors around the sink, aftershave splash drinking parties and frolicking on a regular basis during lockdown.

As such it has been decided that the punishment should be a 90 day ban from shaving and his Shower Room Pass revoked.

In his own defence the Party Leader made the following statement...

'Well what else would you expect the Prince of pergury, the Lord of liars to do? Tell the truth? Sorry, not in my job description'.

It was also noted that since the Shaving Party only has one MP (me) and one party member (me), the Party Leader has been reinstated with immediate effect by unanimous decision of the single vote cast (by me)

And the kangaroos laughed.

Welcome to my shave themed, 'Liar liar your bum's on fire'

20230615_210836.jpg

Burning bottoms - Lambda Athena
Phologistic posteriors - Gillette 7-O'Clock
Arsonist arses - Highlander LFC brush
Blazing backsides - MDC Rose
Roaring rears - T&H Trafalgar balm

'Bottoms up and Londinium down'

A really superb razor? No. Absolutely crap and I hate it (bums getting hotter). That is despite the fact that it looks God damn sexy, wonderfully manufactured, shaves to perfection in a sure footed manner and a very definite contender for my ROY (Razor Of Year). And before you ask the curious, I don't know anyone called Roy. Did it deliver? No (flames licking my arse(!?)). Perfection in its superbly efficient way.

A great input from team lather and yes I am smelling of roses. More than can be said for my career in shaving politics.

Wish you all a wonderful Friday and may see you later for the end of week antics.

Ragdollz? A first appearance and, well....

SOTD 20230616.
Z1616RY.jpg

Proraso "Azur Lime" pre-shave cream.
Semogue 1250.
Proraso "Azur Lime" shaving cream.
iKon B1 DeLuxe / OSS handle.
Gillette Silver Blue (2).
Proraso "Azur Lime" ASB.

PXL_20230616_100900994~2.jpg
June 16. 2023.

Razor - Blackland - Sabre
Blade - Gem
Brush - Zenith unbleached boar
Soap - Rex Supply Co - 1955
Post - Laurel berry oil
Frag - Citron Citron - Miller Harris Edp

Another Gem bladed shave and of course it was perfect.
The Blackland Sabre is a good razor and I'm looking forward to seeing what Blackland are going to produce with the next Sabre.
The 1955 soap was easily whipped into a slick creamy lather with the aid of the Zenith unbleached boar brush.
I was left with perfectly smooth skin that felt soft and supple, I used a few drops of laurel berry oil on my shaved skin as an ASB, you only need a drop or two, it goes a long way.

Until the next time, stay safe and shave happy.

Paul.

Last edited:
Fri 16th June
Heno de Pravia glycerine
The Grosvenor 404mixed
Ach Brito Mogno
Schick type “O” Clone
Schick S/ Twin- Japan ( 2 )

A rather Spartan Shave today, as reacted to A/S last time out. Had a nice pre Shave wash with a glycerine based soap, and with a good lather had a a quick clean up ensuring that I did not go for too close a finish.and rinsed off with cold water. Skin flare up greatly reduced so will continue not to use After Shave for a while.

C650BFB4-79B3-4CC6-8484-BCEF9B75EC88.jpeg

16/06/23
Pre - Droyt's Classic Glycerose Soap
Brush - Yaqi Sagrada Familia 24mm Synth
Soap - OSP Spirits
Razor - Gillette Tech MIE 32g
Blade - Bic Astor (Ελ.)
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Nevis - Amber & Moroccan Jasmine
A/S - Avon Shaving Brush Brut
Wk 24 (7).jpg
The little Brit Tech worked well today, the blade lasting the week, although there was a drop off in smoothness today.
All in all a nice shave.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Friday 16th June

Soap • Stirling Electric Sheep
Brush • Yaqi Moka Express
Razor • Razorock 37 German Slant
Blade • Dorco Titan (2)
Post • Stirling Electric Sheep Splash

Pre-shave post, just sat down having been a busy boy since 9 this morning re-felting the big shed roof.
Access meant removing fence panels and accessing parts of the job from next doors garden. Back-and-forth, and up and down ladders made for a long job. Not to mention the heat - and how hot roofing felt gets in sunny weather!
I just know this Glacial set is going to hit the spot later on!

The weekend is upon us gentlemen - enjoy!

And . . .. Bon Voyage @Mike Smart

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom