SOTD: Saturday 10 June - Friday 16 June 2023.

SotD 15/06/23.

The post lady dropped this off earlier.
I do really like her.

Tatara Muramasa Adjustable...

Big thanks to Finn Blackman Slickboys for shipping this so quickly much appreciated mate .

The Refresher Chew didn't sit there long today my blood sugar was low!!!

My 2nd go with this razor as I didn't appreciate how good it was 1st time around.

Very very rare for me to shave 2 days on the bounce but it seemed a shame not to give it a go as I was melting mid morning & showering anyway...

Another 1st for me was the PAA CK6 soap never tried it before as the CK1 Soaps gave me a bad reaction for some reason ??

Very happy to report the shave was really nice & comfortable & the soap was a beauty super slick & great scent .
Seems I've been missing out for a while now....

Pre: - Warm Shower & Steamed Towel
Razor: - Tatara Muramasa (4&2)
Blade: - Razolution (New)
Brush: - Leonidam Molten Core 2 Band
S&S: - PAA Droid Black

Apologies for droning on.

Happy Shaves To All ❤️.

20230615_135639.jpg20230615_114338.jpg20230615_114733.jpg20230615_114603.jpg

How do you lose 50 Nacet blades??? :unsure:

I think the guy has more blades than Connaught Shaving!

15/6/23

Pre - Palmolive
Soap - La Toja Stick
Brush - ApShaveCo SynBad 22mm
Razor - Gillette Aluminium Tech
Blade - Gillette 7 O'Clock Stainless (1)
Post - Effect Cucumber
AS - Bi-Es Max

The La Toja stick really does produce a glorious lather, I think it's one of the better vegan lathers around. A nice shave with my Aluminium Tech which I'm growing to appreciate with each additional shave.

Anyway gents, have a good day.

IMG_20230615_120826.jpg

Sotd-15-06-23.png
Henson AL13 - Treet carbon Classic - Simpson Case pure - Antica Barberia - Floid mentally vigorous - Proraso pre/post green.

The sweet and rich balsamic notes of the soap were a nice alternative to the usual menthol/citrus hit on another warm day. The Mondial lather was excellent - I must use it more often. Enjoy yours - cheers -
I.

Pre-shave:- Cool Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Paladin Cleo 26/52mm Bulb in Cobalt
Soap/Cream:- The Famous Old Lady Hangbag (tallow)
Razor/Blade:- Blackbird Lite SS Polished / Feather Hi-Stainless #4
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Moisturising Cream:- Aveeno Active Naturals Daily Fragrance-Free (for autumn & winter season)
Fragrance:- The Famous Old Lady Hangbag

jWXNw6G.jpg

View attachment 107482
Henson AL13 - Treet carbon Classic - Simpson Case pure - Antica Barberia - Floid mentally vigorous - Proraso pre/post green.

The sweet and rich balsamic notes of the soap were a nice alternative to the usual menthol/citrus hit on another warm day. The Mondial lather was excellent - I must use it more often. Enjoy yours - cheers -
I.
Last Klimpt to sell for £65million, a stunner! It would take a win on the European lottery though Ian, unless you have some loose change :cool:

IMG_0113.jpeg

Thursday 15 June
A bit late for my SOTD post but better late……….
FATIP il Piccolo, with open and closed combs used today, left cheek right cheek, daft I know but if there are two Comb in the box, then use two combs I say!
Dinky little vintage Evans synthetic easily deposited the nicely scented C&E Sandalwood on my chops. Astra Extra Stainless 3rd use then did the job bbs in 2 passes plus pick ups. To be honest I prefer the open comb as this seemed to cut closer and more easily than the closed comb but both did a fine job.
Have a great evening fellas!

IMG_0112.jpeg

Razor = Rockwell 6c ( 4 )
Blade = Treet Platinum ( 1 )
Brush = Alpha 400 24mm Synthetic
Soap = Stirling Scott’s Pine Sheep
with matching splash.
Balm = Nivea Fresh Kick.

IMG_1260.jpegLast Shave for me in the homeland before jetting off to not so better a place.
After seeing a wonderful few items up for sale on the bst i decided to get two brushes,
Chubby 1 & Chubby 2.
As the day went on most things were niggling away at me,
my head was all over the place, i couldn’t concentrate,
The wife thought i was having a break down,
She said what’s wrong in a concerned voice.
i looked at her with piercing eyes like i was ready to attack
then i said it
There’s more stuff on the BST & my heads burst :eek:
So without further a do i took the plunge it was still there a wonderful shiny Rockwell 6c
Did i need another Razor No
Did i want another Razor No
Have i ever wanted a 6c again No
but the power of the bst drew me in,
i. couldn’t escape its clutches so whilst i was wallowing in my new shiny i went full hog & got this soap & splash in to the bargain.
The Razor for me is very good
it shaves very well however as you would expect with a cheaper item it’s not a patch on the 6s in terms of build quality.
For me the threads are a bit on the sticky side but nothing of concern & another fantastic addition of to my already getting on my nerves Den.
The Soap is also a first for me,
I thought i bought a couple of Stirling soaps last year but i clearly haven’t so i don’t know what i bought.
The Performance was what we’ve all come to expect from modern soaps,
i can’t fault it at all although the scent was neither here or there,
I liked it but strength wise it’s probably a 3 or 4
however the splash was much better,
The pine was much more significant and a wonderful way to finish a shave.
So offski tomorrow,
iv got an overnight in Singapore so a couple of Singapore Slings & a few beers will be the order of the day before taking a ferry to Bintan Island.
Enjoy your weekend when it comes & as always stay safe.

Despite buying 50 Nacet blades a few months ago I cannot find them, but I did find two loose wrapped blades in a toiletries bag so was able to use one today.
This blade in the Semi Slant was really excellent. Although I still get a small amount of 'heat' from the blade exposure (or angle) and a few chin weepers I can get incredibly close shaves even round the bottom of my neck which is never billiard ball smooth. That heat doesn't last long or turn into irritation.
The blade was excellent and the razor is fast becoming one of my favourites despite its modest name and build quality.

Signature Londinium, kindly PIFed by SatanFriendly, is one of my top ten soaps and the Rose of Bulgaria aftershave is also a favourite. All in all an excellent shave and the best for a long time, despite consistently good shaves for some weeks now.

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Parker 55 Semi-Slant
Blade: Gillette Nacet Stainless
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Amber Aerolite Stygian Synthetic
Lather: Signature Londinium
Aftershave: Bio Fresh Rose of Bulgaria
Additional Care:
Zingari Recovery (unscented) https://shavingbuddies.com/shave/648adabd7561cd6e4045d8cf
Top of the ten I hope!
Best Regards
Brian

Back
Top Bottom