SOTD: Saturday 10 June - Friday 16 June 2023.

SOTD: 10th June 2023.

9.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Pears with Mint Extracts Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Anbbas 24mm Tuxedo synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Goodfellas' Smile Abysso Shaving Soap.
Razor: 1950's Gillette Ball End Tech. (US) - Silver Star Super Stainless. (D1)
Razor: Baili BD 191. (Head/Dome) - Silver Star Super Stainless. (D1)

Cold water Face & Head wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Alum Rub. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Goodfellas' Smile Abysso ASL./ Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel.

Greetings,

A new eclectic shave set up to start the weekend....I have returned to the Lord Silver Star Super Stainless which are my personal favourite from the Lord factory and have paired together well with my 50's vintage Ball End tech & the Baili BD 191 wonderfully feeling smooth and efficient.

First outing of the Goodfellas' Smile Abysso Shaving Soap & matching ASL which are both excellent. The slickness and post shave feel from the soap is superb.

The Abysso soap fragrance of the is a great clone of the Davidoff Cool Water which is one of my all time favourite scents.

Another close comfortable face and head shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel.

My face & precious swede are feeling super smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Today's shave:

rdt230610b8f7e.jpg

- Zingari The Merchant
- Grizzly Bay "GulfChunky" Fanchurian
- Edwin Jagger 3ONE6 with Sputnik blade
- Floïd The Genuine suave aftershave

:D

SotD-10/06/23.

Early start this morning.

Pre: - Hot Shower & Steamed Towel
Razor: - Rockwell 6s Rhodium (4&2)
Blade: - SuperMax Blue Diamond (New)
Brush: - Zenith Chrome Manchurian (27mm)
S&S: - A&E Strawberry Fields

1st go with the Rhodium 6s.
Very happy with it, super smooth 2 pass shave
with plate 4/2.
As I haven't shaved with a 6s for such a long time I can't say the shave was any smoother than the Stainless Steel version.
The one thing I did notice, the handle is less grippy as the plating obviously makes the knurling shallower & with it being a super glossy shiny finish.

This does not detract from the shave at all just something I noticed.

Enjoy your weekend & Happy Shaves To All ❤️.

20230610_072817.jpg20230610_073151.jpg20230610_073012.jpg20230610_073305.jpg

Prep: Face wash with Simple face wash
Pre: Bart’s Pre-Shave
Razor: Tatara Nodachi SB (Nodachi top cap)
Blade: Gillette 7 o’clock – Yellow (1)
Brush: Muhle R89 - Hexagon (Forest Green) -Synthetic
S Cream: ES – Fragrance Free

This was an aggressive shave for me. One I didn't enjoy as much. With all senses heightened I was concentrating not to get a cut.
It sounds worse than it was. A full Nodachi combo is definitely aimed at ones looking for more of an assertive shave. I more prefer an autopilot shave but one like this is welcomed from time to time.

I have the open comb to try tomorrow and I'm not looking forward to it as I don't see it being milder.

Tatarapassaround.jpg

10 June

Extro Bergamotto di Calabria
Simpson Trafalgar T3
Edwin Jagger DE89
Feather High-Stainless
Floïd Mentolado Vigoroso

A3DC25C4-1DDE-4F97-9F9D-DCB899A691A4.jpeg
With the Jagger handle this DE89 weighs exactly the same as yesterday’s R101 (R41) at 64g and both retail at a similar price. I intend to alternate the pair for the next few shaves, both razors having a new Feather blade. The Simpson brush created a wonderful lather with the Extro soap and I had a very comfortable shave with the DE89 in two passes. Certainly not as close as the R101 after one pass, but, much closer to yesterdays shave after the second.

20230610_104836.jpg

My Shave today consisted of...
Prep Proraso preshave balm.
Brush Highlander Black brush (with gun metal great in parts) with a Boti 24mm fan.
Soap Clean Bee Peppermint.
Razors Gillette Aluminium Tech and Leaf for my head.
Blade Gillette Rubie

This will be the last shave with this great little razor and the Rubie blade is now ready to be changed after a very admirable performance.
I enjoyed the Clean Bee Peppermint shaving soap, it produced a lovely slick creamy lather and helped provide yet another 2 pass BS shave.
Now off to work for my last night shift, so enjoy the boiling weather folks.
Adios.

10/6/23

Pre - Palmolive
Soap - Vitos Red Coco w/Citronella
Brush - Yaqi 20mm G4
Razor - Old Type
Blade - Sharp Titanium (1) thanks @SeanC
Post - Lea Balm
AS - Brut Oceans

First time out for this new blade which SeanC sent me. I expected to be a really sharp blade, but on the rough side of things, so I paired it with my trust Old Type. To my surprise, there was nothing rough about this blade in the slightest bit, smooth from the very beginning. I had a few days worth of growth so I went for an additional pass to usual. No post shave irritation in the slightest bit, this seems to be a very good blade for sure. I will see how it fares in my some of my other razors before I decide whether to get some more!

Have a good weekend gents.

IMG_20230610_120538.jpg

10/06/23
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Mühle Lge Classic Silvertip Synth
Soap - OSP Sandalwood
Razor - Feather SS Scotch wood SCS - RSW
Blade - Feather Pro Guard
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Proraso Red
A/S - OSP Sandalwood
Screenshot_20230610-163020_Gallery.jpg
I enjoyed that.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Away for the night, so the updated travel kit is in use....

20230610_161817.jpg

20230610_161651.jpg

Preshave - Shower
Razor - R41 Twist
Blade - Treet Platinum SS
Brush - Cyril R Salter Travel Brush (Pure Badger)
Soap - Nivea Liquid Cream
Splash - Tabac

20230610_161958.jpg

I had forgotten how good this little brush is. Water must be softer up here too. The Nivea lathered better than usual (not that it's bad usually).

I might be away but I still want my coffee with my shave..

20230610_163830.jpg

Back
Top Bottom