SOTD: Saturday 10 June - Friday 16 June 2023.

SOTD: 15th June 2023.

12.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Pears with Mint Extracts Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega 11137.
Face Lather.
Lather: Boots Original Shave Stick.
Blade: Silver Star Super Stainless. (D2)
Razor: 1950's Gillette Ball End Tech. (US)

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse/Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./ Boots Freshwood ASL + ASB.

Greetings,

Early morning shave,

Another shave where everything worked together wonderfully....As always the inexpensive Boots Trio was a joy to use making my early morning shave a pleasurable experience. A great shave to finish my shaving week off in style.

A comfortable 2 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Boots Freshwood ASB.

My face is feeling smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

uNzIkPi.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glicerlanolina Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Paladin Lava Flow Select Badger
Soap: Barrister and Mann Fougère Gothique
Razor: Wolfman WR-1
Blade: Vintage NOS Schick Plus Platinum (9)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Nelium Sandalwood Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Caron Yatagan EdT

More over, Pré de Provence No 63; your position as favourite soap scent has been usurped!

SOTD 15-June
20230614_085902.jpg
Brush: C&H 'Finned' V14
Soap: A&E The Novelist
Razor: WR4
Blade: Feather ProGuard

Very nice shave this morning, couldn't seem to lay my hands on my normal professionals so slapped in a ProGuard.

I was a little apprehensive when I first saw the images, before I even saw other comments I noticed the striking resemblance to the Hawk (which I didn't get on with), the depth of the head also gave me pause. The only aspect I could see from the pics that would save it was the hooked nose. Luckily this turned out to be the case, you can hold the handle with a small turn out from the face and it works a charm and had absolutely no problems under the nose.

Second pass was also very good, really not much to say on it, it did the job without fuss. It turns out the depth of the head actually had a benefit in that you could take longer passes before having to rinse the razor, acting like a lather catcher, which I like as that is my only negative with the vector. That was probably obvious from the pics but it didn't cross my mind at the time.

I did manage to miss a couple of patches on the neck but I put this down to not being totally familiar with it. I could have done with a lighter handle to compensate for the aluminium head. The darwin itself is light and I imagine it would be fine for the SS version. I'll see whether I can pick out a lighter handle for tomorrow and I'm going to go digging for the pros or supers.

Hope everyone has a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

A warm welcome to yet another warm day and last night's shave which arrives themed, 'Second function keys'

20230614_200302.jpg

?&%/<= - Muhle R89
@×+÷;":*% - Polsilver Lodz
!*[]/:■{$》》- PAA Pelegrino
£#@,-'● °\~ ◇ - Extro Arzachena
!!!!!%£_;:-¤☆ - Extro Arzachena

'And I thought you were going to give me a big smile and a reason to be flushed you f@*$☆r!'

#%^ ruined @%×< %#@[[ truly superb. D@^:^=>>, €{\~₩¥¿ ? May be one day. Big lath@%& with fant#^:=<> Peleg#@#÷: and @*([/)&%"×÷ . This Muhle perf@%£=# and a big was "£•●■♡ !

Japanese ladies? %#£$$¥ my ple@^[ !

Lve ¥●u /\[[ ? Of course I do

15 June

Pannacrema Nuàvia Blu
Omega 11137
Edwin Jagger DE89
Feather Hi-Stainless
Floïd Mentolado Vigoroso

D193A5CB-3F60-4D07-9C52-54807AC5B0CE.jpeg
The ‘bright’ idea that I had yesterday of not rinsing my face between passes really didn’t work, the lather died in the brush anyway, so, for now, I am going to have to reload between passes. Anyway, despite the lathericidal hard water in my area, I had two extremely comfortable passes with the DE89, two good lathers with the outstanding Pannacrema and a close shave. Not at all bad.

Despite buying 50 Nacet blades a few months ago I cannot find them, but I did find two loose wrapped blades in a toiletries bag so was able to use one today.
This blade in the Semi Slant was really excellent. Although I still get a small amount of 'heat' from the blade exposure (or angle) and a few chin weepers I can get incredibly close shaves even round the bottom of my neck which is never billiard ball smooth. That heat doesn't last long or turn into irritation.
The blade was excellent and the razor is fast becoming one of my favourites despite its modest name and build quality.

Signature Londinium, kindly PIFed by SatanFriendly, is one of my top ten soaps and the Rose of Bulgaria aftershave is also a favourite. All in all an excellent shave and the best for a long time, despite consistently good shaves for some weeks now.

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Parker 55 Semi-Slant
Blade: Gillette Nacet Stainless
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Amber Aerolite Stygian Synthetic
Lather: Signature Londinium
Aftershave: Bio Fresh Rose of Bulgaria
Additional Care:
Zingari Recovery (unscented) https://shavingbuddies.com/shave/648adabd7561cd6e4045d8cf

15/06/23
Pre - Droyt's Classic Glycerose Soap
Brush - Simpson Duke 3 Best Badger
Soap - OSP Sandalwood
Razor - Karve Stainless C - SB
Blade - Bic Astor (Ελ.)
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Macdui - Rosemary & Sandalwood
A/S - OSP Sandalwood
Wk 24 (6).jpg
The blade still shaving smoothly.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Despite buying 50 Nacet blades a few months ago I cannot find them, but I did find two loose wrapped blades in a toiletries bag so was able to use one today.
This blade in the Semi Slant was really excellent. Although I still get a small amount of 'heat' from the blade exposure (or angle) and a few chin weepers I can get incredibly close shaves even round the bottom of my neck which is never billiard ball smooth. That heat doesn't last long or turn into irritation.
The blade was excellent and the razor is fast becoming one of my favourites despite its modest name and build quality.

Signature Londinium, kindly PIFed by SatanFriendly, is one of my top ten soaps and the Rose of Bulgaria aftershave is also a favourite. All in all an excellent shave and the best for a long time, despite consistently good shaves for some weeks now.

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Parker 55 Semi-Slant
Blade: Gillette Nacet Stainless
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Amber Aerolite Stygian Synthetic
Lather: Signature Londinium
Aftershave: Bio Fresh Rose of Bulgaria
Additional Care:
Zingari Recovery (unscented) https://shavingbuddies.com/shave/648adabd7561cd6e4045d8cf
How do you lose 50 Nacet blades??? :unsure:

Back
Top Bottom