SOTD: Saturday 1 July - Friday 7 July 2023.

Today's was a bit of a use-'em-up. 69 black handled flare tip with a Treet Platinum which has approximately 5 shaves on. I say approximately because I've used it for a couple of tidy ups as well as full 3-pass shaves. Brush was the Moka Express synth because I washed my face with a puck of what turned out to be a dodgy batch of Kent-badged MWF, and then decided I might as well shave with it. It only stands a chance with a synth and even then I have to go back for more for each pass or even halfway through, as it dissipates so fast
Nonetheless I had a smooth enough shave and it does leave the skin feeling nice. Then I had a splash of Cien X-Bolt that I dislike and only wear when going to karate, because I'm nearly at the end of that too. So yeah, cobbled together but made the best of it and a good result.

20230702_122145.jpg
My Shave today consisted of...
Prep Proraso preshave balm
Brush Highlander white synthetic brush.
Soap Peppermint GFCC.
Razors Tatara titanium Massume OC with Nodachi cap and the Leaf.
Blade Astra.
Aftershave Balm Nivea post shave balm.
Aftershave Re nero smile.
After a couple of days growth it was time to test the Massume OC plate.
The shave reminded me of a Gillette old type shave.
I didn't think it felt as smooth on the face as the Nodachi plate but the wife said it felt a lot better and could see no lip shadow.
So full marks from her, I will shave again but using the Massume cap in 2 days and see how that goes.
Have to say I am impressed so far and enjoying the testing of all the combinations.
Have a cracking Sunday everyone.

The London Bridge blade was on its way out and I finished with a Wilkinson Sword II cartridge which had also been used a few times.

The xpec cream is a little sample pot I was given by @dodgy around 10 years ago. The sample had dried out but I was able to get a good lather from it.

Rating: 3 / 5

Razor: Parker 55 Semi-Slant
Blade: London Bridge Modern
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Amber Aerolite Stygian Synthetic
Lather: Xpec Shaving cream
Aftershave: Cella Lozione Dopobarba https://shavingbuddies.com/shave/64a1b14e7561cd6e4045ea0a

Sunday 2nd July

AJFCJaVg1fPEBdqtR9EvNT3pWSPCFDI56lFy1V73aIHpcDXraLE6lL3TJS5AlGoTUfNpAIHUK52zvaEeID00HiJF1kH7Tl9p_BBhM4tflRuiEnYYUn3VteWOyhIkf6hZUG-uaEFFwYLxyuhq-bEnBO2RWsW1-A=w800

Omega Shaving Bowl & Omega 10106 Pure Bristle
Leaf Twig (Mercury) & Gillette (Thai) Super Thin (2)
Coty Musk (Vintage) Aftershave

02/07/23
Pre - Droyt's Classic Glycerose Soap
Brush - Yaqi Coco-cola 22mm Synth
Soap - D. R. Harris Arlington
Razor - ATT S1 Slant
Blade - Wizamet Super Iridium
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Lomond - Cinnamon & Patchouli
A/S - Barbour "2016" EDT
Wk 27 (2).jpg
Sorry boys, early shave late post
One of the lads home for a visit from Oz today, about 40 of us out for a crackin day.
I was the cleanest shaven there. ;)
Stay safe and enjoy your day all

Last edited:
IMG_2068.jpeg
SOTD: 02/07/2023

Razor: Occam’s Oren
Blade: Feather Pro, 5th use
Brush: Highlander “Azzuri” Custom Brush Boti 4th Gen Pink 3 Color Synthetic Knot
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: HC&C Le Mafioso Puck
Balm: L’Oréal All In 1 Moisturising Cream Balm
Fragrance: Jean Paul Gautier Le Male Eau de Toilette

A perfect Sunday shave!

Razor - Muhle Rocca R94
Blade - Gillette Platinum (3)
Brush - Yaqi Mokka Express
Soap - Noxzema pre shave cream & Signature Soaps Wicstun.
Post - Thayer's Wh Cucumber and La Roche-Posay B5 balm
AS - Signature Soaps Novus Spice
Another delightful shave, I seem to have got Brian's Signature Soaps totally dialled in, resulting in so many fantastic shaves recently.
IMG_20230702_201915.jpg

Mon 3
Cream Omega Eucalyptus
Brush Yaqi 26mm Rainbow
Razor & Blade Yaqi Mellon OC / American Shave Platinum
Aftershave Old Spice Original
My 1st real shave lathering cream (using foam cans before) bought in 2019 still has enough to last...richly creamy and slick lather with a beautiful scent. The shave with this mild razor & blade was easy, comfortable, and fast. 3passes for a dfs finish...
20230703_102521.jpg

Back
Top Bottom