SOTD: Saturday 1 July - Friday 7 July 2023.

Saturday 1st July

AJFCJaVenlRl02e1rGhlDdBwk6YFxL1-WZY17_XZTi3_ePvkcka87SHNa3ExN8vxWz63lKt8R8nGk3sh9KLz3dEat4hO4jeIjTvihV5DJs7YDg3clmxvGb9Bfdhkp10Sb8icT3Oo3tfow_CZgdNKvInGNoW_fQ=w800

Omega Shaving Bowl & Omega 10106 Pure Bristle
Leaf Twig (Mercury) & Gillette (Thai) Super Thin (1)
Avon Black Suede (Vintage) Aftershave

Always a superb shave with the Twig!

IMG_2064.jpeg
SOTD: 01/07/2023

Razor: Occam’s Oren
Blade: Feather Pro, 5th use
Brush: Shedeleven Spalted Scottish Hawthorn AP Shave Co G5C 26mm Fan
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Løthur Tears Croap
Aftershave: Proraso Green Aftershave
Balm: Bart's Balm BEN KILBRECK Balm
Fragrance: Maison Alhambra Porto Neroli EdP

After being introduced to the Oren Nano by @Mike Smart and kindly sold it by @globalm this is the first time I’ve had the chance to use it since it’s arrival having been a part of the Wolfman passaround. I wasn’t disappointed by the wait! I decided to give the 2 dot plate a run and it was as amazing as I remember it being! It really is a special AC razor and one that I could glad use over any of my current ones. I know the handle puts some people off but I find it brilliant with my gorilla mitts, it’s width and flat shape actually make it easier for me to hold and manoeuvre, and another near perfect shaved was achieved.
On a side note having bought a few of the Maison Alhambra scents/dupes in the last few months I’ve found them great and only improve once opened. I’ve read somewhere there is a term for it, I can’t for the life of me remember it but the Porto Neroli/Neroli Portofino clone was a little off at the beginning, a little Arko like, but a month or so down the line this has settled nicely and massively improved. This has lasted all day and topped of what was a fabulous shave!

SOTD: 2nd July 2023.

2.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Radox Feel Active Sea Salt & Lemongrass Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Pears with Mint Extracts Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega 11047 'Mixed Midget' Badger/Boar.
Face Lather.
Lather: Fine Fresh Vetiver Classic Shaving Soap.
Blade: Mers Super Shave X Platinum. (D2)
Razor: Parker 55SL Semi-Slant.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Blue Stratos ASL./Aloe Vera Cooling Gel.

A relaxing Sunday morning shave.

Everything in my shave set up worked together superbly this morning resulting in a enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups comfortable smooth shave with no errors to report.

The Super Shave X Platinum pairs together wonderfully with the Parker 55SL.

The star of the shave this morning was the Omega 11047 'Mixed Midget' Badger/Boar brush which performed superbly building up a slick protective lather in a short space of time...A great shaving brush that I should and will use more in feature shaves.

A enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Aloe Vera Cooling Gel.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Sunday 2 July

British made 1930s Ever-Ready hoe is generally heavier than the US version and here it is with matching stropping device contained in a white Bakelite art deco style box.
I tried stropping a 5th use GEM but either my technique is lacking or achieving a keener edge from stropping isn’t worth the effort. So, fresh GEM to the fore and with my fizog nicely lathered I got 2 passes done with minimum fuss for bbs result. Super smooth soap and my trusty old butterscotch badger a joy to use.
Have a great Sunday fellas!

IMG_7953.jpeg

Razor = Muhle R41
Blade = Winner Platinum ( 2 )
Brush = Sawdust Creation Studios 26mm High Mountain Bader
Soap = Mitchell’s Wool Fat
Splash = Nivea 2 Phase
Balm = Nivea Fresh Kick
IMG_1426.jpegThe first time iv taken the fat abroad and it will definitely be a main stay when i travel.
I loved to simplicity in this shave,
Nothing exciting but a dam good shave nonetheless.
IMG_1447.png
Razor = Karve CB Aluminium ( C )
Blade = Winner Platinum ( 3 )
Brush = Chisel & Hound Ivory & 26mm Boar
Soap = Geo F Trumper Eucris with matching Splash & balm.

Another top drawer shave with one of my favourite creams,
There’s something quite Gentlemanly &
something quite elegant about this,
i can’t actually explain what i mean but for me it’s superb.
Onwards & Upwards
Stay Safe Guys

Back
Top Bottom