SOTD: Saturday 1 July - Friday 7 July 2023.

SOTD 20230703.
Y5A6Lsa.jpg

3P "La Crema Prodigio" pre-shave cream.
Semogue SOC.
St. James of London "Lavender&Geranium" shaving cream.
Vintage Gillette NEW (SC, made in USA) / Stork "Advoco" handle.
Ladas Super Stainless (1).
St. James of London "Lavender&Geranium" Post-Shave Gel.

3 July

Extro Bergamotto di Calabria
Cadman 30mm Tuxedo
Ikon Deluxe DLC
Feather Hi-Stainless
Signature Soaps Hibernia splash

1C29249E-3E5C-4BA6-B987-28896350D8F7.jpeg
This brush picks up the soap and creates a lovely rich lather on the face with ease. The Ikon is a comfortable open comb razor that gets really close with a new Fether blade, and the Signature Soap Hibernia splash remains a favourite after shave. A top shave.

Mon 3rd July

Alpha Classic G4 28mm
Cyril Salter Solid soap
RR Hawk V3- A plate
Schick Proline [ 2 ]
Not particularly looking forward to todays Shave, as newly diagnosed Osteoarthritis can make it quite uncomfortable standing up.However, with a good lather I got the Razor dialled in, and had a very quick efficient Shave with a quality finish.

IMG_0154.jpeg

Monday 3 July
Today by way of a change from my my superb se hoes I went French with the Gibbs No 16 “Mince”. A normal de blade needs a minor end tweaks to enable it to fit over the head but this is easily achieved with 1/8th inch hole punch. The razor settings are fixed and shown on the cap as simply + or - but for me the difference is hard to discern as both edges shave very well, if a tad on the mild side.
My badger brush is TOBS and it must be over 30 years since I was given it. The bristles are now tired and the knot will need replacing which I shall do when I have the time. Big sentimental value since my parents gave it to me.
Nevertheless, it got the job done with a decent lather. The O’Selvaggio has a mild scent which is pleasant but I can’t fathom although the list of ingredients is long and varied. After 2 passes and pick ups later the result was not quite bbs more dfs. No irritation or weeps so no problem.
Have a fine day fellas!

IMG_0150.jpeg

SOTD 03-July
20230702_100215.jpg
Brush: C&H 'Finned' V14
Soap: Cella
Razor: GEM Junior
Blade: GEM PTFE

Another challenge for the day, Almond(ay). Oddly I've never used Cella but I'll be dammed if I'm using it again. Now this is no comment on the soap itself, it's purely the scent. I hate marzipan (which is all I get from this), so to take part in today's theme took a bit of willpower. This will not likely see the light of day!

Still a nice finish though just had to get past the smell!

Hope everyone has a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

A surprisingly excellent shave today. A rare 5 out of 5 score from me!
I used my trusty Fatboy on setting 6 with an Astra Superior Platinum.
I like Astras but they are not in my top ten; I just gave one a go as I have limited myself to a small selection of blades to use throughout July.

The shave feel was excellent (I couldn't feel the blade) yet I was getting a close shave. There are some some small patches at the bottom of the neck that could be closer but that's just being picky.
Skin still feels good despite doing three passes plus touch-ups.

I will have to remember this combination for the future.

Fatboy with Astra SP
vintage Xpec shaving cream circa 2012
PAA Amber Aerolite synthetic
Cella aftershave lotion

Back
Top Bottom