SOTD: Saturday 1 July - Friday 7 July 2023.

IMG_2075.jpeg
SOTD: 03/07/2023

Razor: Occam’s Oren
Blade: Feather Pro, 7th use
Brush: Knothead Brush Works 26mm AP Shave Co. Synbad
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Proraso Wood And Spice Cream
Aftershave: Proraso Wood And Spice Cologne
Balm: L’Oréal All In 1 Moisturising Cream Balm

Up to the 3 dot plate today with excellent results as expected! I love this razor and the Proraso Wood and Spice is underrated.
Have a great day guys.

Tue 4
Soap & Aftershave Stirling Iced Pineapple
Brush Yaqi 24mm Mojito
Razor Parker SemiSlant
Blade Gillette 7 O'clock Super Stainless 1st
Beautiful lather qualities...creamy, slick, cooling & together with the splash...love the intoxicating scent.
Today's shave with the razor paired with the blade was silky smooth and crisply efficient...
20230704_081936.jpg

SOTD: 4th July 2023.

3.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Radox Feel Active Sea Salt & Lemongrass Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Pears with Mint Extracts Transparent Bar Soap.
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Proraso Blue Shaving Cream.
Razor: Parker 55SL Semi-Slant. - Mers Super Shave X Platinum. (D3)
Razor: Parker InjRzr. (Head/Dome) (Settings) 4-wtg. 4-xtg/atg.+pick-ups. - Personna Injector PTFE. (D1)

Cold water Face & Head wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse/Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./ Williams Aqua Velva ASL. (Spanish Version.) / Aloe Vera Cooling Gel.

Greetings,

Early morning face & head shave,

The Proraso Blue shaving cream created a nice creamy slick protective lather with only a small amount in a short space of time The residual slickness is excellent leaving a superb post-shave from the addition of the Aloe Vera and vitamin E making my mature skin feel soft & moisturized after the shave.

A enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable face & head shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Aloe Vera Cooling Gel.

My face & precious swede are both feeling cool smooth, & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Last edited:
SOTD 20230704.
EbpadeO.jpg

Noxzema "Classic" pre-shave cream.
Semogue SOC.
T.O.B.S. "Lavender" shaving cream.
ATT S2 / Stork "Taipan" handle.
Ladas Super Stainless (2).
PeReJa "Lavender" EdC.

4 July

PAA Future Fiction
Omega 11126
Ikon Deluxe DLC
Feather Hi-Stainless
Signature Soaps Hibernia splash

517695F4-52F6-4CEE-A5EA-B86559CE229E.jpeg
The two Omega boar brushes have spent a week behind the scenes being test lathered every day with a bowl or in the hand and their lather killing days may be behind them. This particular brush still has a problem with shedding two or three hairs per lather and having a feeling on the face of a persistent stiff bristle somewhere in the knot. Now the second criticism may be a problem with my face but it is the reason many a boar brush has sooner or later been moved on to landfill. A reasonable two pass shave today, but, not a luxurious affair and some may say, “What’s the point?”. I think after all the effort, not much, a good inexpensive synthetic brush costs only a few pounds more and works better from the start. Some may disagree and that is their right.

SOTD 04-Jul
20230703_092528 (1).jpg
Brush: AP Lemon Drop Boar
Soap: GN Juniper Reverie
Razor: ER 1912
Blade: GEM PTFE

Challenge for today was science, hence the book. Unfortunately I can't describe the science of shaving so they had to make do with immunoassays instead.

Absolutely brilliant shave though, everything came together well for a brilliant finish, the good old ER does a cracking job.

Don't know about the rest of you but I succumbed to NSS and I put an order in, damn I'm weak willed.

Hope everyone has had a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

Tue 4th July

Stirling Syn 26mm
MWF
Asylum Injector
Schick Proline ( 1 )

Was not intending to Shave today, but after shopping found that the Asylum had landed. Was very interested in getting one , and tried “ Want to Buy” and Paul @ p.b very kindly offered me one on loan.
Not really an Injector as blade has to be loaded by hand, which I found to be a bit fiddly. As I have a stack of them I loaded a Proline B Type on board. Quite hefty compared with most Injectors, I more or less got the angle right but found it could be very easy to go for too close a finish as feedback not greatly in evidence, and the finish I got was good in some areas but a bit patchy in others.

0034CDFF-F0FB-4367-B16B-251694A77B2F.jpeg

04/07/23
Pre - Droyt's Classic Glycerose Soap
Brush - Yaqi Sagrada Familia 24mm Synth
Soap - Arran soap Co. Lochranza
Razor - Mühle R41GS
Blade - Bic Astor (Ελ.)
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Arran soap Co. Lochranza
A/S - Arran soap Co. Lochranza
Wk 27 (4).jpg
I really need to use these Arran products more frequently, spot on performance and scent.
I seem to be getting very good results from a single pass with some touch up for a comfortable enough DFS+ finish.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Back
Top Bottom