SOTD: Saturday 1 July - Friday 7 July 2023.

06/07/23
Pre - Droyt's Classic Glycerose Soap
Brush - Simpson Duke 2 Best Badger - #1
Soap - Ariana & Evans Asian Plum
Razor - ATT S1 Slant
Blade - Wizamet Super Iridium
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Lime Balm
A/S - Pinaud Whiskey Woods
Wk 27 (6).jpg
The ATT S1 is a mild enough razor, no real blade feel, however, with a sharp blade and 3 passes it results in a very smooth shave with a very nice BBS finish - YMMV of course.
The Duke 2 in best is a great little brush (this is my 1st one which i managed to chip, i bought a second one but cannot bring myself to let this one go:unsure:) Today it held enough for the 3 passes required.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Thu 6
Cream & Aftershave Proraso Green
Brush Yaqi 24mm Green Mink
Razor Fatip OC Slant
Blade Gillette 7 O'clock Super Stainless 2nd
I really love this evergreen cream + the matching splash.
Excellent shave with the razor and blade combination. The blade makes a huge difference...silky smooth and efficient, love this blade! 3passes for a bbs-dfs finish...
20230706_203252.jpg

20230706_145152.jpg
My Shave today consisted of...
Prep Proraso preshave balm
Brush Yaqi Aqua 24mm brush.
Soap Mitchell's Wool Fat.
Razor Titanium Nodachi SB & Cap.
Blade Feather.
Aftershave Balm Nivea post shave balm.
Aftershave jean paul gaultier.
This is the combo I have been waiting for, so I wanted to throw all my top quality bits together to try and produce the best shave possible.
I have to say it did not disappoint, the razor was singing it's way across my 2 days growth laden face providing plenty of feedback.
I could have stopped after 1 pass but I wanted BS, I proceeded with ATG 2nd pass with minor touch ups and BS glass shave accomplished.
To me it felt just like I would expect from an OC shave and that was something I thought the Nodachi OC lacked. I will try another shave with the OC to see if my opinion changes.
This combo is how I like my razors to be and when I pop the Massume cap on next, I think even though it will be slightly milder, the shave will be just as good.
So confident I was with this razor now I went for a head shave with it to see if it's capable of a nice shave without the hacking.
Once again a lovely shave, I could use just this 1 razor but that being said it was not quite as close as my Leaf but TBF I don't believe anything will shave a head faster or better than the Leaf.
My wife said it felt and looked like my best shave yet with the razor, now you can read a lot into that comment because I don't tell her what combo I use. She just feels around my face and tells me honestly how it is pure and simple.
She never worries about pointing out bits I miss etc but this time she was more than impressed so you can take that to the bank.
I look amazing as always and smell fabulous fingers crossed I get some cardio in with the wife later.
Have an amazing day and be awesome everyone.

Thursday 6 July

An Italian slant today on the soap and brush side. TFS Vecchia Torino deliciously applied with a big old Omega bristle. Soap doesn’t really have much of a scent to my nose but it is creamy and soft and does the job.
Executive Shaving Claymore, Matt with a Feather pro, 2nd use and cutting as if it was a new blade. 2 passes and minor pick ups and I’m one happy fella!
Really hope you fellas are also in a happy frame of mind, enjoy the rest of the day!

IMG_0167.jpeg

Sotd-06-07-23.png
Cobra Classic - Proline P30 - Simpson Case pure - NSS Traditional Lemon, Basil & Mandarin - Cien Aqua - DVH balm.

A full week's growth to come off - no time for the Henson 'ladyshave' - behold the Cobra. What was the worst that could have happened? Superb finish but trying on the nerves - an arse like a Japanese flag throughout. :)

saludos -
I.

Thursday 7th July

AJFCJaVLkHH41mnP0y6BCmtVx0FfTzWLT25yl6KOUtlDYA0r-tA8-uff7w-sbzWiC9CI0MSeUPuLelVRog21kP8ox0DDpkRg5cAJV05gap5HIwcnHUSDEfNQRSZ1YYpEC5xHgqRfqEiZZoHmX6o6z4Jm_P37cw=w800

Dr Selby Shaving Bowl & DSC Professional w/Synbad Synthetic Fan 26mm
Zinn Gem & Schick Twin Injector (4)
Brut Splash-On (as Aftershave)

Same again. The blade is smoothing out nicely now ...

Thursday 7th July

AJFCJaVLkHH41mnP0y6BCmtVx0FfTzWLT25yl6KOUtlDYA0r-tA8-uff7w-sbzWiC9CI0MSeUPuLelVRog21kP8ox0DDpkRg5cAJV05gap5HIwcnHUSDEfNQRSZ1YYpEC5xHgqRfqEiZZoHmX6o6z4Jm_P37cw=w800

Dr Selby Shaving Bowl & DSC Professional w/Synbad Synthetic Fan 26mm
Zinn Gem & Schick Twin Injector (4)
Brut Splash-On (as Aftershave)

Same again. The blade is smoothing out nicely now ...
Beautiful foto, so how do you get the twin injector blade to sit securely in that head? Some kind of wedge maybe?

Hot shower with Signature soaps lime, lemon, lemongrass, sweet orange and lavender body soap.
Turkish copper hammered bowl.
Hampshire wool fat #3 bloomed and used the bloom water as preshave.
Yaqi 24mm Mokka Express
Muhle Rocca R94
Gillette Platinum (5)
Thayer's Cucumber WH
La Roche Posay B5 balm
Signature Soaps Novus Spice AS splash.
At this moment in time, every shave is turning out exceptional. Never has my face felt so good in 35 years of shaving. I'm so glad I discovered traditional DE shaving and all of the blessings that comes from not only the soaps, blades, razor, balms etc but the whole ritual that is in itself a pleasure and now never a chore.
IMG_20230706_213214.jpg

Beautiful foto, so how do you get the twin injector blade to sit securely in that head? Some kind of wedge maybe?

Cheers!

Simple! It's spring-loaded.

Press the back of the head and the blade opening lifts a mere millimeter or so ... just right to slip the blade into. This model did not accept the GEM shape blade that we've come to know but had an alternative blade which must have been the same width as a modern injector.

AJFCJaXY4ikkiEjEBAoCwusVVxbEPNWnMAw9FCz520F3wldnMNamvWUEC1dtyb9a5A49IYSf_d8j1jJfWVnlmShsOXSnIQSqmcExSeVHdaCi5MxycFRyFo-9l-STgiFy3PcQNDqUlSiubj-r7iWMbKNKuFElGQ=w800

AIL4fc-uQ3bJNYHIV6hHhXANrr8Zyd4g-H7H_2Kua3AQOqlatPbS8c46v0CbNfYCPOIDYgo34LJLcYP5yyBQpkdoVuhZSN67v3SM0F789yNgFs0_2qKzEBKHE3FP3B4ybPflP7rt3G5_wlnMYaRVdamV3GlpxQ=w800

AIL4fc_3EfHdzbYFa_xbxYUGuW-2CRS71SM7sva_gN_iNYLGYMEHZts2oRtI4SF2vvCa7Boo1JfusbfQjHJUxa-VJ54H7cu2IsE1aNcC3rYDj_gPjwcZL2fnW81Aw6SxiA6v34sSmmSUAf1iPGBYn4rvh59s1Q=w800

Razorock Gamechanger OC.84 :: Astra SP blade (1) :: Semogue SOC boar brush :: Stirling Electric Sheep soap and splash :: (Bart's unscented balm)
IMG_20230706_141835.jpg
The second shave with this GC. Not a good choice of a blade - or maybe i focused less on the shave than last time. In any case: the shave itself quite smooth, the result very smooth, but the skin was quite irritated afterwards, to the point that I applied Bart's balm which usually helps me quite a bit (and it did).
I think I'll still do one more shave with the GC, with a blade sharper than Astra.
Have a good one, gents!

IMG_2088.jpeg
SOTD: 06/07/2023

Razor: Blackland Era
Blade: Astra SP, 3rd use
Brush: Highlander Chubby Style Boti Fan Knot Synthetic
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary Special Edition Puck
Aftershave: Proraso Green Aftershave
Balm: The Inkey List Vitamin B, C And E Moisturiser Balm
Fragrance: Lattafa Suqraat EdP

Great shave and scent.

8D565CE8-38A2-4029-8A97-32177322768D.jpeg

Simpson Duke 2 SiLVERTiP
Gillette Slim Adjustable (3)
Polsilver S.I. (2)
Body Shop shaving cream vintage
Thayer’s Lavender witch hazel
OSP Sandalwood a/s

Finally used up the last of my vintage Body Shop shaving cream.
This was the last of 3 tubes I bought 7 or 8 years ago, and the plastic tube had practically cracked to pieces.
Love the scent of this and it performed very well.
I’ve kept a little back in a sample pot for nostalgic sniffs.

Enjoy yours gents.

Fri 7
Soap Stirling Pumpkin Spice
Brush Yaqi 26mm Rainbow
Razor RazoRock GC.84-P
Blade SilverStar Super Stainless 1st
Aftershave Aqua Velva Musk
The excellent soft brush whip up a superbly creamy and slick lather from this soap...smells nice too!!
Today's razor paired with the blade gives a very smooth, comfortable & efficient 3-pass shave for a bbs-dfs finish...
20230707_114144.jpg

Back
Top Bottom