SOTD: Saturday 1 July - Friday 7 July 2023.

SOTD 07-Jul
20230706_115817.jpg
Brush: C&H 'Mammoth' V15
Soap: Shulton Old Spice
Razor: Myatt Daymark
Blade: Wizamet (snipped to fit)

Very good shave today, no entertaining physical challenge today but decided to try and get the #UNICORN challenge, which is supposed to be a pre 1971 DE razor that wasn't made by Gillette. I think this Myatt covers it but couldn't find solid details, if not then ah well. I believe you can make it work with a regular blade if you put an old type cap on it but that would obviously defeat the purpose, so out came the scissors. Actually worked quite well, even exposure and sat flush. Mild but a really good finish.

Hope everyone has a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

Hot shower with Signature soaps lime, lemon, lemongrass, sweet orange and lavender body soap.
Turkish copper hammered bowl.
Hampshire wool fat #3 bloomed and used the bloom water as preshave.
Yaqi 24mm Mokka Express
Muhle Rocca R94
Gillette Platinum (5)
Thayer's Cucumber WH
La Roche Posay B5 balm
Signature Soaps Novus Spice AS splash.
At this moment in time, every shave is turning out exceptional. Never has my face felt so good in 35 years of shaving. I'm so glad I discovered traditional DE shaving and all of the blessings that comes from not only the soaps, blades, razor, balms etc but the whole ritual that is in itself a pleasure and now never a chore.
View attachment 108427
@Pudzee I can second that. Even though I make soaps I have learnt so much about shaving from the forum, especially about razors and blades.

Friday 7th July
E-Type Schick 3D - Schick Proline B #4 - Yaqi Heavy Metal - Wolfpac Italian Orchard - Duru Mandarin Cologne - Aloe Vera Gel
IMG-20230703-213850-01.jpg

Very nice to be back reporting and for my final (and only) entry for this past week of SOTD's I present my shave themed, 'Where the fuck have you been?'

Where do I start? This past couple of weeks have been an exercise in having time stolen away for one reason or another. An absolute travesty that I couldn't find that bit of space to scribble up the adventures from Satan's sink. But, not to say I haven't been shaving as heaven forbid the day I choose a beard as an alternative. Oh my oh my, how the world would end. Satan sporting a full set?

In the main though I was Internet deprived for the best part of a week delivering tugs around the country in relatively shite weather, where shaving became more an extreme sport than a pleasure

20230701_095656.jpg

I can't say I can remember the accoutrements used in each shave but other than 'the leaving of Liverpool Tatara' the rest of my time involved the Stainless Mongoose, the AP Shaving 24mm Cashmere and whatever soap fell out the bag. Signature Soaps Hibernia, Capra Insuriam and Abbate Y Mantia Matteo. Scents? Not on a boat complete with a motley crew of sexually deprived hairy arsed sailors where being keel hauled takes on a different slant.

But shave I did and not one duffer among them, the Mongoose proving itself probably the best all round razor in my small and insignificant world of bristle removing. A God......That omnipresent chap who hates me.

'That Satanfriendly bloke made me this way'

A sod off shave

20230629_074611.jpg

A force 8 shave

20230630_183821.jpg

A welcome home shave

20230705_103411.jpg

A piss off Mr Satanfriendly shave from last night. I have become rather attached to this Mongoose thing and can't see why I should use anything else at the moment. And of course the new to me Hermes Terre

20230706_185816.jpg
Getting dragged off to North Wales later this afternoon but hope to have the opportunity to write up a real 'and for my final shave....' as against to this playing it cautious effort.

Somethings never change though. I love you all and so do those Puffyshoes girlies...

Very nice to be back reporting and for my final (and only) entry for this past week of SOTD's I present my shave themed, 'Where the fuck have you been?'

Where do I start? This past couple of weeks have been an exercise in having time stolen away for one reason or another. An absolute travesty that I couldn't find that bit of space to scribble up the adventures from Satan's sink. But, not to say I haven't been shaving as heaven forbid the day I choose a beard as an alternative. Oh my oh my, how the world would end. Satan sporting a full set?

In the main though I was Internet deprived for the best part of a week delivering tugs around the country in relatively shite weather, where shaving became more an extreme sport than a pleasure

View attachment 108433

I can't say I can remember the accoutrements used in each shave but other than 'the leaving of Liverpool Tatara' the rest of my time involved the Stainless Mongoose, the AP Shaving 24mm Cashmere and whatever soap fell out the bag. Signature Soaps Hibernia, Capra Insuriam and Abbate Y Mantia Matteo. Scents? Not on a boat complete with a motley crew of sexually deprived hairy arsed sailors where being keel hauled takes on a different slant.

But shave I did and not one duffer among them, the Mongoose proving itself probably the best all round razor in my small and insignificant world of bristle removing. A God......That omnipresent chap who hates me.

A sod off shave

View attachment 108429

A force 8 shave

View attachment 108430

A welcome home shave

View attachment 108431

A piss off Mr Satanfriendly shave from last night. I have become rather attached to this Mongoose thing and can't see why I should use anything else at the moment. And of course the new to me Hermes Terre

View attachment 108432
Getting dragged off to North Wales later this afternoon but hope to have the opportunity to write up a real 'and for my final shave....' as against to this playing it cautious effort.

Somethings never change though. I love you all and so do those Puffyshoes girlies...

@Satanfriendly Notice no crew on the sun deck!

7 July

SV 70th Anniversary
Blackland Signature
Blackland Blackbird
Treet Platinum
SV 70th Anniversary asl

F7DCA880-000E-4EF4-B96A-57E460286F9A.jpeg
I just love this little brush it just works, and how with the Saponificio Varesino soap. It created a magnificent lather and the Blackbird removed it and the stubble with style. Two passes and smooth.

07/07/23
Pre - Droyt's Classic Glycerose Soap
Brush - Erasmic 26mm Shavers delight Tuxedo knot
Soap - Faena Dorica
Razor - Lambda Athena
Blade - Bic Astor (Ελ.)
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Lime Balm
A/S - Martin De Candre Limette
Wk 27 (7).jpg
I am finding the Athena gives me just about as good a shave as i am going to get.
The Faena lather is really getting there with more use, very easy to lather and plenty of protection.
The Erasmic "Tuxedo" is a lovely little brush, very similar feel to the little Yaqi Sagrada Familia, although a little bigger at 26mm. I am thinking about getting another batch of these brushes to stash and fit knots as i need them, mind you with over 30 brushes on the go it would be a cold day in @Satanfriendly's back yard before i wear them out.
The Astor Blade on its 4th outing and still as smooth as its second outing, it will probably get another run out.
Any-whoo ;) ,
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

View attachment 108433

A sod off shave

View attachment 108429

A force 8 shave

View attachment 108430

A welcome home shave

View attachment 108431

View attachment 108432

Maybe you should make up “Satan’s friendly” scent for these sea journeys Chris. Try essence of diesel add a dash of engine oil then top it off with eau de Mersey. That should keep the crew at bay.

Friday 7 July
End of week shave with Razorock Hawk A plate. One of my early forays into se razors led me to use a Proshave S blade. I was a little underwhelmed then but thought today maybe I just lacked technique then. So, give it another chance today and bingo! No problem and smooth as the Feather professional I have been using. Floris 1730 didn’t disappoint and neither did my brush which I made up yesterday. I’ll keep the details brief but I dropped my Crabtree & Evelyn brush the other day and badly chipped the plastic handle. (More tonic with your gin sir?) So, I recovered the brush knot, bought a new handle on Ali express, fettled the knot base and glued it in.
2 passes and pick ups for bbs.
Have a great evening fellas!

IMG_7976.jpeg

7/7/23

Pre - Palmolive
Soap - Palmolive Green Cream
Brush - Yaqi Sagrada Tuxedo 24mm
Razor/Blade First Pass - Yaqi Katana/Lord Classic Super Stainless
Razor/Blade Second Pass - Gillette Tech/Dorco Titan
Post - Effect Cucumber
AS - Brut Oceans

Five days worth of growth so I went for the Yaqi Katana for the first pass, and something a bit milder for the second. No way I could use the Yaqi for two passes!

IMG_20230707_125024.jpg

Friday 7 July
End of week shave with Razorock Hawk A plate. One of my early forays into se razors led me to use a Proshave S blade. I was a little underwhelmed then but thought today maybe I just lacked technique then. So, give it another chance today and bingo! No problem and smooth as the Feather professional I have been using. Floris 1730 didn’t disappoint and neither did my brush which I made up yesterday. I’ll keep the details brief but I dropped my Crabtree & Evelyn brush the other day and badly chipped the plastic handle. (More tonic with your gin sir?) So, I recovered the brush knot, bought a new handle on Ali express, fettled the knot base and glued it in.
2 passes and pick ups for bbs.
Have a great evening fellas!

View attachment 108466
Wish you continued luck with the Proshave S blade. I, on the other hand found every shave to be extremely rough. And I tried them in all the AC razors I own.

Back
Top Bottom