SOTD: Saturday 1 July - Friday 7 July 2023.

Wednesday 6th July

AJFCJaVLkHH41mnP0y6BCmtVx0FfTzWLT25yl6KOUtlDYA0r-tA8-uff7w-sbzWiC9CI0MSeUPuLelVRog21kP8ox0DDpkRg5cAJV05gap5HIwcnHUSDEfNQRSZ1YYpEC5xHgqRfqEiZZoHmX6o6z4Jm_P37cw=w800

Dr Selby Shaving Bowl & DSC Professional w/Synbad Synthetic Fan 26mm
Zinn Gem & Schick Twin Injector (3)
Brut Splash-On (as Aftershave)

Same again. Nothing new to add ... very much enjoying this and finding the Schick IIs really good.

Signature Soaps lime, lemon, lemongrass, sweet orange and Lavender body soap.
Cella Crema Da Barba.
Yaqi Mokka Express 24mm Syn.
Muhle Rocca R94
Gillette Platinum (4)
Thayer's Cucumber WH
La Roche Posay B5 Balm
Signature Soaps Novus Spice AS splash.
Another truly stunning shave, I adore the marzipan scent of the Cella, the Gillette Platinum is such a reliably smooth blade and the Novus spice AS splash is a wonderful thing.
IMG_20230704_195715.jpg

ScWjjlg.jpg

Great Victoria Desert Camp Shave

Prep:
Jack Black Turbo Wash Gel, Alt Innsbruck Emulsion
Brush: Shavemac 3-band Silvertip Badger
Cream: Kapo Fresh
Razor: ATT S1
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Spoiler (1)
Post: Proraso Green Aftershave Lotion, Alt Innsbruck Emulsion
Scent: Penhaligon’s Sartorial EdT

Razorock Gamechanger OC.84 :: Personna Platinum blade (Ger) (1) :: DG Confluence soap :: Yaqi Cola brush :: Lea splash
View attachment 108362
First time shaving with the open comb Gamechanger.. Efficient, a fair amount of blade feel. Still quite smooth. It will probably not become my favourite - a bit too aggressive feeling, and the skin feels a bit more tender than I can achieve with some other razors. I'll still try a few more shaves, with different blades... We'll see.
I’ll be interested to see how you get on with this with other blades...

SOTD: 6th July 2023.

t.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Radox Feel Active Sea Salt & Lemongrass Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears with Mint Extracts Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega 49.
Face Lather.
Lather: Razorock " What the Puck?!" 'Lime Burst' Shaving Soap.
Blade: Mers Super Shave X Platinum. (D4)
Razor: Parker 55SL Semi-Slant.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Yelken Lemon Eau De Cologne Spray./ Aloe Vera Cooling Gel.

Greetings,

Early morning shave,

A smooth enjoyable shave to finish my shaving week off wonderfully.

Both the Parker 55SL / Mers Super Shave X Platinum duo have performed admirably through the week with no issues.

A comfortable 2 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Aloe Vera Cooling Gel..

My face is feeling cool smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

SOTD 06-Jul
20230705_131141.jpg
Brush: Simpson Chubby 1 Best
Soap: WK Vor V
Razor: Blackland Blackbird
Blade: Wizamet

Cracking shave this morning after the canned effort yesterday, really made me appreciate it!

Challenge for today, stack your gear as precariously as possible, this one has me sweating, I actually chickened out as I had my Friodur 17 lined up but thought sod that! But for the life of me I couldn't get the brush to balance.
20230705_130840.jpg
Smooth, smelling good and ready for the day.

Hope everyone has a grand one.

Cheers

Marc

Wednesday 6th July

AJFCJaVLkHH41mnP0y6BCmtVx0FfTzWLT25yl6KOUtlDYA0r-tA8-uff7w-sbzWiC9CI0MSeUPuLelVRog21kP8ox0DDpkRg5cAJV05gap5HIwcnHUSDEfNQRSZ1YYpEC5xHgqRfqEiZZoHmX6o6z4Jm_P37cw=w800

Dr Selby Shaving Bowl & DSC Professional w/Synbad Synthetic Fan 26mm
Zinn Gem & Schick Twin Injector (3)
Brut Splash-On (as Aftershave)

Same again. Nothing new to add ... very much enjoying this and finding the Schick IIs really good.
@pjgh Forgive my ignorance... Could I put a standard injector blade in a Gem Featherweight single edge razor?
I never thought to try. It's the only single edge razor I own because I could never get on with those modern GEM blades, which feel like sandpaper on my skin.
The razor is in storage but if it's possible to use an injector blade in it without too much modification or faff then I will hunt it down and load up a Schick Krona or Ultra Platinum!

Thur 6th July

Alpha Classic G4 28mm
Cyril Salter Solid soap
Asylum Injector Razor
Schick Proline [ 2 ]

My second outing with The Asylum, and apart from getting a weeper on the edge of my bottom lip due to my handling of the Razor, much better.
Would now like to try it out with some real Injector blades that I have ie. Japanese Schick, and NOS Swedish blades.

IMG_0609.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom