SOTD Sat 9th Feb - Fri 15th Feb 2013 (one of several?)

Mikael said:
John said:
Nice push button GEM you've got there, your right to be careful as they take a bit of getting use to,nice straight razor :heart:

Cheers John! :) I bought it with 5 other SE/DEs, I've got one Micromatic too, that looks pretty aggressive too... I'm going to push through a blade with this one first and then try the Micromatic, but I really like this push button model.... Need to find a new head shaver, after I dinged my GEM Junior.

Be verry carefull with that micromatic,they shave close but with some aggression so your suspicions are correct,however when the correct angle is used (Flat to the face..or in your case head)they give a rewarding shave. I love the push button GEM as thay give a close shave but with out the micromatic's level of aggression ie you relax a litte bit and enjoy your self.:)

Today's Shave

Valet Auto Strop
Feather FHS-5 Blade
NSS Scotch Pine
Kent BK8 Brush

Result BSS WTG

I've had this razor a while now,and it's never, never,ever made me bleed.....until tonight that is,a couple of weepers around my Addams apple
(Not that my one sticks out or nothing.)
Guess its my turn to bleed this evening,happens to us all :icon_razz:

Helveticum said:
How are you liking that Freshwood range, Marty?

It's definitely got a place in the arsenal. Recently my face has been a bit dry and the Boots product does a good job of beating that into submission. Yep, it's very thick and needs to be rubbed in thoroughly. Nice having something like this when needed. Good for applying in extremely cold weather.

Normally in the warmer weather I use Lucky Tiger or else Steve's Bay Rum, both having either no alcohol or very little. I think the Boots AS Balm wouldn't be used much at all for those months.

The scent is fine. This was given to me by NTS and I believe he likes it also.

Martin

Monday 02-11-13.

b417912a-b1f5-41f3-9457-540017ed3f0d.jpg

Soap from Aleppo - Morris & Forndran blonde badger 28X56 - Feather all stainless - 7 O'clock yellow #3 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving cream Proraso sandalwood - Alum block - Thayers Original - ASB Institut de Karité - ASL Brummel.

Glad you like it. Yes, it is so thick I even have trouble getting it out the bottle. The scent is pleasant and the performance very good, with a slight menthol edge. Superb stuff for £2.50!

Gold Fat Tech
Permasharp Super Stainless (vintage Scottish) - 4th shave
Edwin Jagger boar
L'Occitane Cade shaving cream
1950s Imperial Leather aftershave

This blade just starting to lose its edge. Great performance.
First time I used the Imperial Leather a/s. Out of the bottle there is a bit of a musty smell around the opening and neck but on the skin there's no sign of that. It has a very clean scent with quite a surprising cooling effect given you can't really smell that. Nice scent which pre-dates any attempt to be cool. Great stuff indeed.

Joseph Rodgers and Sons "The Norfolk Razor" in ivory
Simpsons 'Rover' Manchurian Butterscotch
Vitos Extra Super Shaving Soap - Coconut
Witch Hazel

Very slightly orgasmic!

MONDAY EVENING

Gillette British TV Rocket
Personna Med Prep (1)
Butterscotch Simpsons Duke 3 Best
Nannys French Lavender hard soap
Witch hazel
Wilkie AS balm

I thought I'd like the TV Rocket and I do, very much! II on the head same as a Red Tip or a Parat means just the right level of aggression for me. It really has given me a lovely BBS. This is about as much aggression as I need TBH (after much trial and error).

The Duke is coming along very well too. Third shave now and it's lathering up the soap a treat.

Sorry TP, but that just will not do, not do at all! Thy has a new Butterscotch Duke 3 that will be showing a bit of bloom and there's no accompanying picture to your SOTD. A jolly poor show old chap, you should be ashamed! C'mon take a snap of His Grace in his natural environment and blooming like a fresh, golden, spring daffodil. Please? :D

Monday 11th February

Hot Shower and Facial Scrub
Vitos Pre/Post cream
Henckels Friodur Inox 5/8 Razor
New Forest 1901 2 Band
Nannys Arabian Nights Soap
Myrsol Metilsol AS
Organic Shea Butter
Surrati Black Oudh
Morgans Classic Pomade
Foad Moustache Wax

Fully healed and back to normal today..... and my first shave with the NOS Friodur I got from Jamie on Saturday. Many thanks.......it gave a superb 3 pass shave.

Gairdner said:
Sorry TP, but that just will not do, not do at all! Thy has a new Butterscotch Duke 3 that will be showing a bit of bloom and there's no accompanying picture to your SOTD. A jolly poor show old chap, you should be ashamed! C'mon take a snap of His Grace in his natural environment and blooming like a fresh, golden, spring daffodil. Please? :D

See Page 4 my good man for an image of his Grace pre-libation. :D

madmedic;1108358 said:
Monday 11th February

Henckels1.jpg

Henckels2.jpg

Hot Shower and Facial Scrub
Vitos Pre/Post cream
Henckels Friodur Inox 5/8 Razor
New Forest 1901 2 Band
Nannys Arabian Nights Soap
Myrsol Metilsol AS
Organic Shea Butter
Surrati Black Oudh
Morgans Classic Pomade
Foad Moustache Wax

Fully healed and back to normal today..... and my first shave with the NOS Friodur I got from Jamie on Saturday. Many thanks.......it gave a superb 3 pass shave.

Hi Brian,
I'm very pleased to hear your new razor delivered a fine shave for you, a very fine looking razor indeed.

Jamie

Tuesday:

La Toja stick
Gillette Slim Adjustable
Gillette 7 o'clock SharpEdge
Professor Blighty's Green Ginger AS
Nivea Skin Energy balm

Lovely shave. I'm on my travels again, staying within walking distance of Jermeyn Street though, so I know where I'm going later!

Ach Brito Glyce soap
Proraso pre
Simpsons Bekerley
Nanny's Hard soap citrus&zinger
Filarmonica Corte Cabello 9/16
Feather AC SS blade pro
Ach Brito Lavanda EdC

Back
Top Bottom