SOTD Sat 8th Sept to Friday 14th Sept

Monday 09-10-12. MUSIC: Franco Battiato_LP Orizzonti Perduti.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVi8un7zDAM[/video]

Afeitado_2012-09-102-1.jpg

Soap from Aleppo - Morris & Forndran 25X53 - Gillette Fat Boy - Astra green #4 - Pre JASÖN - Calani Oriental Plum shaving soap - Alum block - Thayers Medicated - ASB Weleda - ASL Spark.

Have a nice day.

Prep: Hot Shower
Brush: Vie Long, silvertip
Razor: C V Heljestrand M K no 8
Soap: Cade
AS: Floid, Blue Italian
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Unerclean :D

I had to try a soap with this brush, but it's really to soft for it (even though I preped the soap with warm water), but it has a lovely super soft knot/tips and is the perfect contrast to what I use mostly (two band) :D
0151024x701.jpg

... and some:
017800x531.jpg

Liz Earle Superskin Oil.
Merkur 33c.
Astra.
Liz Earle Shave Cream.
Vie+Long Horse.
Boots Witch Hazel Gel.

Best shave for a long time.Nice and smooth with no hint of irritation.
So you just know i will change things around tomorrow morning dont you
and spoil it.

Cold shower
AoS pre-shave oil
Proraso green tub
M&F blonde badger
Feather SS with Pro blade
Mr. Taylor's AS
Institut Karite ASB

This Pro blade is very good, but boy does it punish for carelessness.. No incidents this time though, nice and smooth :)

Monday 10th September

Hot Shower and facial scrub
3P Pre/post shave cream
CJB Japanese style with Feather Super pro (7)
Semogue 1800 Boar Brush
Mitchell's Wool Fat soap
Lucky Tiger Toner/Aftershave
Unrefined Shea Butter
Morgan's Classic Pomade

BBS with two passes and a touchup.

Trumpers Limes creams
Super Adjustable on 4 with Gillette platinum from early seventies (4th shave)
Tuxedo aftershave balm

Started with Super Iridium (would have been its 4th shave) but it was knackered.
Lovely

Rocket HD
NOS Wilkie (Cheers NTS)
Vulfix 404 bodger
Erasmic stick
Forest Fresh AS
Astral Cream

Not as close as I would like but not too bad and very comfortable 3 pass shave. Resisted touch ups too. Getting on a lot better with the Erasmic stick having had a few test lathers and like the scent of this better than the Palmolive or ARKO sticks. Works well with the badger & bristle brush as long as I work the stick into my face a bit more and keep dipping in hot water. Like the Superdrug Forest Fresh AS better than the Sierran Breeze and good old Astral makes my physog feel grand. Going to keep at it with this combo but will try some Ingrams again soon.

Bath...

T&H Lime
Astra superior platinum blade
Gillette slim adjustable on 6
3 passes - WTG, XTG, ATG
Alum block
T&H Ultimate comfort aftershave cream

Completely smooth apart from under my bottom lip - oops! A few hairs under the outside of my nostrils. A bit more irritation than I'd like, however I don't have the use of my bathroom at the moment and I'm using the kitchen sink....

Still less than 2 months since I started DE shaving, and I think I'm making progress. I think now that I understand things better I can build a proper routine to follow, that does everything.

Gairdner said:
Rocket HD
NOS Wilkie (Cheers NTS)
Vulfix 404 bodger
Erasmic stick
Forest Fresh AS
Astral Cream

Not as close as I would like but not too bad and very comfortable 3 pass shave. Resisted touch ups too. Getting on a lot better with the Erasmic stick having had a few test lathers and like the scent of this better than the Palmolive or ARKO sticks. Works well with the badger & bristle brush as long as I work the stick into my face a bit more and keep dipping in hot water. Like the Superdrug Forest Fresh AS better than the Sierran Breeze and good old Astral makes my physog feel grand. Going to keep at it with this combo but will try some Ingrams again soon.
Glad you like the blade. I have to say they're in my top five and I've tried over a hundred different blades. Erasmic stick and soap has the best scent of the cheapest ones (sticks (there are a few types) generally better than the bowl soap but all have great fragrance). Their cream is a great performer but not much of a smell. The Superdrug a/s is nice and Astra Superior Platinums are very good too. Ingrams is a little runny but I like the smell and the ice feeling! Good setup you have there.

Muhle R89
Gillette Yellow (3)
Nannys Lavender
SOC boar
Sudocrem

Not as close a shave as I would of liked, managed to avoid my usial trick of goinh to far so i stayed comfortable. Think the brush still has some breaking in to do, quite thin lather, then again that was probabily me! the lavender smell was perfect and made me quite home sick today.

well time for a 13 hour round trip to pick a document up!

Prep simple Face Wash Gel
Razor Vintage Taylors witness 3000
Brush Simpsons M7 LE Finest Silvertip
Cream Vulfix Persian Musk
Alum & Witch Hazel
Clinique Moisturiser
Penhaligon's Castile EDT

Jamie.

The Taylors wintness 3000 is a beautiful shaver and I didn't think I would hear myself saying this but as good as my Japanese straights, Uber smooth.

l.jpg

Back
Top Bottom