SOTD Sat 8th Sept to Friday 14th Sept

Proraso Pre/Post (Original formula)
Joseph Rodgers and Sons "The Norfolk Razor"
Neep Jubilee
Vitos Extra Super Shaving Soap - Coconut
Nivea Replenishing Aftershave Balm
Penhaligons Endymion Cologne

Already been out before my shave this morning to B&Q when it opened to find out they didn't have what I went for. My shave may end up the best part of my day again!

[undefined=undefined]Prep: Hot shower
Brush: New Forest knot in n old barbers handle
Razor: Magna
Soap: Nannys French Lavender + Muhle cream
AS: Lacoste Challenge
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean indeed :D

Nice combo with the soap, excellent slip and cushion :) + this razor's a sweet shaver (if you like hollow and flexible blades it doesn't get much better than this one, I think).
0011024x710-1.jpg

... and a lovely mega cappuccino, my large Motto jug came out and two double shots of this went down :D
009800x571.jpg
[/undefined]

Saturday morning:

TOBS shaving shop cream
Penhaligons nickel / best brush
Merkur 34C HD
Derby blade
Crabtree and Evelyn West Indian limes cologne

Very good comfortable shave, Derby deserve a better rep.

SATURDAY MORNING

Feather AC SS with Kai Titan Mild (2)
Merkur travel razor with Gillette Super Platinum (1)
Semogue OC 2 band
GFT Coconut shave cream (scuttle lathered)
Witch hazel
Castle Forbes AS balm

After cutting myself with the Feather so badly on Thursday that I thought I might need stitches (it bled for a worryingly long time) thought I'd better get straight back on the bike as it were and had another go today that was thankfully bloodless!

It punishes any mistakes so instantly that I'm still not sure if it is for me. We shall see.

On the plus side, the GFT is as good as everyone says. Nice whiff, and excellent slip and cushion.

Trumper's Rose cream
Fatboy on 6 only
Super Iridium (3rd shave)
M&S Woodspice balm

Very nice. Iridium is still really sharp and smooth. Maybe putting used blades in mineral oil really does help.

SOTD3 by lordhargreaves, on Flickr

First illustrated SOTD from me, so with a "lordly" theme:

Lord Premium razor, Lord Platinum blade (1), lordjohn's first boar brush '60s unbranded probably from Boots, lordjohn's first brand of shaving cream and a Lord Nelson Pottery scuttle (not actually used). A very uncomforable shave. The razor was fine on a previous and only occasion used but blade not remembered. Will switch to a Gillette or Wilkinson blade if shave quality does not improve on this rotation.

First post SOTD post in quite a while as i have been focussing on improving my technique and have been using the same razor, blade and soap combo through the summer.

However, having a bit more time today I decided to enjoy a change:

Proraso preshave
DR Harris Marlborough soap / Kent BK2
EJ 89 with Derby blade
DR Harris Marlborough aftershave
Boots no. 7 balm

Smashing shave, very close finish indeed and little sting with the A/S so a good start to the weekend.

The only negative is that I've been a fan (and proponent) of the Boots no. 7 balm for a while. Sadly, with their recent repackaging they have also changed the formula and it isn't quite as good in my opinion. Not least because it's now mildly fragranced whereas I preferred the previous fragrance free version.

2di1teq.jpg

Pre Veleiro soap + Irisch Moos soa stick + New Forest 2213 + UFO U2 Long with Gillette New Long Comb and Polsilver #1 + Irisch Moos splash with 444 balm

After a very busy week with quick and not remarkable shaves (where I took advantage to finish some samples, hehe), this weekend I have returned to the slow, traditional way.

And what to say about one of my favorites shaving range! I shame that it seems it will be discontinued... by the way, my New Forest brush continues loosing hair, I hope it will stop some day...

Cheers!

Saturday:

Professor Blighty's Harlequin soap
Semogue SOC Boar
Feather Artist Club SS
Feather Pro Guard blade
T&H Trafalgar AS

A little bit sore in a couple of places, but smooth enough.

Greetings

Saturday 8th September 2012
Prep: Shower
Razor: Schick Type I
Blade: Stainless Coated
Brush: Lijun/Burma Shave Boar
Cream: T.O.B.S. Sandalwood, Erasmic Supreme Stick and Glycerine
Aftershave: Nivea Cream

I seemed to have now gotten to grips with this Uberlather and it certainly is very thick slippery and silky feeling, I really like it.

Regards
Dick.

Back
Top Bottom