SOTD Sat 8th Sept to Friday 14th Sept

My boar brush that a very good friend made for me
Ikon moden with a feather blade
My favourite soap Williams ( I love this stuff)
[attachment=5582]

Attachments

• photo copy 2.JPG
    photo copy 2.JPG
    123.2 KB · Views: 14
Greetings

Tuesday 11th September 2012
Prep: Shower
Razor: Schick Type I
Blade: Personna Stainless Coated
Brush: Omega 39 Boar
Soap: Trumpers Violet Soap and Palmolive Cream + Glycerine
Aftershave: Nivea Sensitive Balm

Another nice Ãœberlather and a great shave.

Regards
Dick.

Gillette Rocket HD
NOS Wilkie (2)
Vulfix 404 bodger
Ingrams cream
Bronnley Original AS
Astral Cream

A little closer than yesterday with very little burn from the AS. Really comfortable 3 pass with one or two touch ups. Ingrams lathered up very well and gives great sensation with cold water rinse afterwards - most refreshing. Have to try and not get overconfident or carried away but really enjoyed the shave today. Will use these blades till packet finished then try to locate more as I am determined to keep with this pairing till I can get the absolute best shave I can. Will alternate between the Ingrams and Erasmic as mood takes me. Looking forward to the arrival of my English Pear ASB from Prof Blighty. Thanks for the encouraement above, NTS. :)

This morning:

Prep: Face wash, Imperial Leather bath soap, cold
Razor: Thiers-Issard "basic black", 11/16"
Brush: Neep #1059 soapstone chubby 26mm super silvertip
Soap: Prof Blighty's Peppermint
Aftershave: Prof Blighty's Yellow Ginger
Scent: L'Occitane Verveine

Very good indeed.

I like these l'Occitane scents, but they're gone by lunchtime on me, sadly.

Very close shave today, which I thought might be problematic. I usually shave in the evening, but had to bring today's shave forward to lunch time as I won't have time tonight or tomorrow before work. So, I had less growth than usual and my skin had less recover time too. As it turns out, it all went well!

St James of London pre-shave oil
TOBS Lemon and Lime cream
The Traditional shaving Company best badger brush
Merkur 1904 open comb
Merkur blade
Distilled witch hazel
Boots Freshwood AS balm

I have now got my shaving pattern nailed:

one pass with the grain
one pass against the grain (slightly towards the ears)
one pass against the grain (slightly towards the nose)
one final tidy up after applying lather by hand to feel for any spots needing attention

Works well for me...

Gairdner said:
Gillette Rocket HD
NOS Wilkie (2)
Vulfix 404 bodger
Ingrams cream
Bronnley Original AS
Astral Cream

A little closer than yesterday with very little burn from the AS. Really comfortable 3 pass with one or two touch ups. Ingrams lathered up very well and gives great sensation with cold water rinse afterwards - most refreshing. Have to try and not get overconfident or carried away but really enjoyed the shave today. Will use these blades till packet finished then try to locate more as I am determined to keep with this pairing till I can get the absolute best shave I can. Will alternate between the Ingrams and Erasmic as mood takes me. Looking forward to the arrival of my English Pear ASB from Prof Blighty. Thanks for the encouraement above, NTS. :)

Good to see you getting on better with the Ingram mate

Tabac shaving stick
Super Adjustable on 4, 2 with Petersburg Products Gillette Platinum (cardboard box)
Lacoste a/s balm

Nice. Not super-close on the neck but best shave I've had with these particular blades.

Tuesday:

Pub night

T+H Grafton cream
Penhaligons nickel / best brush
Muhle R41
Gillette 7 o'clock green SS (1)
Thayers cucumber witch hazel
L'Occitane Verdon

Neck shave to tidy up haircut: Merkur 34C with Derby.

3 passes and a pretty good shave, super smooth but a little too close, under the chin burns just a tad. It happens to us all I suppose.
Still have to use a milder razor on the haircut lining up job... No way am I brave / silly enough to go at the back of my neck with an R41.

OrangeSport said:
Merkur 1904 open comb

I really like the look of these - not too expensive either.

shavecraft said:

Thanks!

NotTheStig said:
Tabac shaving stick
Super Adjustable on 4, 2 with Petersburg Products Gillette Platinum (cardboard box)
Lacoste a/s balm

Nice. Not super-close on the neck but best shave I've had with these particular blades.

Is the Super the longer one with the black handle? No brush? :sleepy:

Gairdner said:
OrangeSport said:
Merkur 1904 open comb

I really like the look of these - not too expensive either.

shavecraft said:

Thanks!

NotTheStig said:
Tabac shaving stick
Lacoste a/s balm

Is the Super the longer one with the black handle? No brush? :sleepy:
Yeah, that's the fellah. There are at least three versions - two nickel plated ones, one with a plastic baseplate, the other with a metal one - and a gold plated one (still with all the black in place; believe just metal baseplate?). Mine is plastic baseplate. I tried the metal version and it was too head heavy with the relatively light handle.
I am in the habit of rarely mentioning my brush because apart from my cheapo Men U boar one which I only ever use when travelling the only brush I had was a custom silvertip badger walnut handle one made by Henk on here and bought as a present by my wife for me last Christmas. But I did recently buy a cheap Edwin Jagger boar brush with tortoiseshell patterned handle for its harder bristles to use with harder soaps. I'll try to mention what I use in SOTD posts.
This time I used the badger after face lathering the stick.

Tuesday

White proraso pre post
Neo custom 2 band
Nannys Yushu soap
EJ Bull Mastiff + red IP (1)
thayers superhazel
Proraso ASB

result: 2 passes + touch ups. very nice.

Back
Top Bottom