SOTD SAT 30 JUNE - FRI 6 JULY

Thursday:
Merkur Futur / Feather (not overly impressed by this combo)
Semogue 830
Mitchell's Woolfat

Headshave
Gillette Fusion ProGlide
Noxzema shaving foam
St Ives invigorating scrub

Firehouse 'Wacky Tacky' moustache wax

Diptyque Tam Dao EDT

Meeting today with new Boss. She's been head-hunting me for the last 8 months so I've finally agreed to help bail her and her team out of a huge mess for 6 months.

Wearing my pants on the outside of my trousers today and a makeshift cape from an old pillow case.

Prep L'Occitane Vetyver Soap
Razor Vintage Otto Busch World Master
Brush Le Tuft 59 in Buckeyed Burl
Vito's Coconut & Almond
Alum & Witch Hazel
Neil's Yard Rose Moisturiser
L'Occitane Cedre L'Atlas Eau De Parfum.

Jamie.

Gave the Otto Busch her first run out today, honed her a few days ago, delivered a sweet smooth shave, she's a keeper.

003-4.jpg

Good morning friends! :)

PREP: Floïd Sandolor Pre Shave Gel
BRUSH: MÜHLE
SOAP/CREAM: ROXI Crema Barba (Elberel Italiana)
RAZOR: 6/8" Bonsa (Böntgen & Sabin)
STROP: Biber-Elster Feinste Spez. Juchte paddle strop
SHAVE: 2 passes, WTG/XTG
AS: Sir IRISCH MOOS
RESULT: Clean shave

SODT_BONSA_Bx.jpg

Have a nice day,
Béla​

Wednesday:
Zuri 1950s soap
Vulfic 660
Muhle R89
Gillette SharpEdge (3)
TOBS Mr Taylors AS (or the "Forum Aftershave" as I've recently seen it called in this weeks acquisitions thread)

Thursday:
Erasmic/Palmolive soap
Semogue SOC Boar
Gillette Slim Adjustable
Perma-sharp (1)
Professor Blighty's Green Ginger AS

Very nice results both days.

Aqueous cream
TOBS Luxury shaving cream
Gold Fat handle Tech with Gillette Platinum Plus (3rd use)
M&S Harvard aftershave balm (since both my Prof. Blight's balms are used up :-S but more on the way)
Schick M injector on 2 with Gillette Platinum Plus (3rd shave)

Nice shave with the Tech but not close enough under my chins or right jawline (always trickiest). No matter what I did I couldn't get any closer so I finished off with the Platinum Plus injector blade - always a sure thing. Managed not to make myself sore as well with the repeated passes in these areas from the Tech!

iodz80.jpg

"home made" MWF stick + New Forest 2213 + Rotbart 15 with Crystal #1 + Proraso balm with masaje Cesar Imperator

Today I have tested for the first time this "artisan made" stick, which is an idea I copied from another spanish user, hehe. My MWF puck was in bad state, dried and chunked in 3 pieces, so I grated the soap and put in an empty deodorant stick container. And I must say that now it performs really well, this solution is very confortable for doing facelathering after passing it through your beard, hehe

About the shave, of course all was well, very clean!

Cheers!

This morning:

Prep: Face wash, Imperial Leather bath soap, cold
Razor: Feather Artist Club RG (wood), Pro blade (14)
Brush: New Forest Tubby 2
Soap: Trumper's West Indian Limes
Aftershave: Prof Blighty's Yellow Ginger
Scent: Trumper's GFT

Excellent.

Exciting, some new things to try out today

1914 Shovelhead SE razor
Gem blade
Alum Block
Professor Blighty's English Oak soap
Professor Blighty's Coffee A/S

Wow, superb shave. The shave soap and A/s were a punt and I am delighted. Many years ago i used to by a deoderant by Mennen I think. The soap smells like this, a little spicy and yet fresh. Lovely lather as always from the prof. The Coffee A/S was bitter at first, almost like opening a bag of coffee beans but after a few minutes the scent becomes sweeter, very much like a latte with demerara sugar in....great.

Cowshed Bullocks cream (brushless)
EJDE89L, Wilkinson Sword
RSC balm

DFS. Shaving with this cream is rather like shaving with just an oil. Plenty of slip but not easy to see precisely where you've shaved and you need to wash the oily film off post-shave. It would be better suited to a cart than DE. I'd use it that way but I don't possess a cart at the moment, having binned my Quattro when I moved over to DE, and am disinclined to buy 1 just to use with this cream (it was a gift, I wouldn't personally buy brushless). Anyway, I hate unnecessary waste so I'll be using the cream up.

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Marshall Fields rebranded Simpsons best
1958 Executive/Personna 74 (NOS)
Klar Kabinett SS
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic

Another wonderful shave with this razor/blade combo.

BBS results,

Martin

Yesterday and today

Sanguine all metal shavette
Croma Diamond
Fume lavender
Omega 40652 imitation badger
Thayers Rose petal
ARKO sport a/s cream

Good shave. The ARKO a/s cream is lasting me half a year now, and still not gone (50 ml tube).

Today's shave (Test run)

Dove soap/hot facecloth prep
KROPP 5/8 (1914-1915)
Taylor's sandlewood shaving cream
Kent BK2 Brush
Cold Face cloth / Geo.F.Trumper Skin Food to finish

Result BSS

She's a light weight razor, needing a precise angle for it to work, but once found a pleasure to shave with.

Back
Top Bottom