D R Harris Almond Shaving Soap
Czech & Speake #88 EDT

Greetings
Saturdays Shave

Prep: Shower
Brush: Vulfix 404 Mixed
Soap: Boots stick milled
Razor: Merkur 43 C
Blade: Gillette Sharp Edge (Yellow packet)
Aftershave: Nivea Sensitive Balm

This razor is one of the bargain priced ones discussed on this forum, purchased from E-bay for £13.99, the only problem with it is that it weighs a ton, well actually 152grams with a blade according to my digital kitchen scales. It is hard work to shave with because of the very heavy weight, it is like holding a cold chisel! Having said that it gave me a superb shave. I know, I'm a sucker for a bargain even if that bargain is something I did not really want and certainly do not need!

Regards
Dick
[attachment=5039]

Attachments

• DSC03392a.jpg
    DSC03392a.jpg
    433.8 KB · Views: 73
Saturday is dartboard shave day. Today's randomly selected kit was :-

Gilette 70's DE razor
Feather DE blade(new)
old Men -U brush
Professor Blighty's Applewood Shaving Soap
M and S ISIS soothing A/S balm
Paco Rabanne A/S (the green one)

very good result for a 'lottery' shave. Have a good weekend.

20120630312.jpg

To days shave

Dove soap/Hot Face cloth Prep
Gillettte slim ( Set on number 3)
NOS Gillette Blue Blade
Kent BK2 Brush
Taylor's sandlewwod shaving cream
Cold water Face cloth and Geo.F.Trumper Sandlewood Skin food to finish

Result BSS
An intresting first Blue Bade shave, Nice blade with more bite to it than the modern blades.
I can see why some people like shaving with NOS blades now. I have a twinplex razor blade stropper (for carbon blades - not for stainless blades) so will be using that as well.:D

Aqueous cream
Klar Kabinett soap courtesy of Dodgy's Vintage Blades Passaround thread
Wilkinson Sword vintage English New Chromium Edge "Light Brigade" courtesy of the same
Merkur Progress and Fatboy
The last of my Professor Blighty's Universal Shaving Balsalm lime

Took a but of work to get this Klar Kabinett to lather. I would swirl it up, apply to face and get a thin but consistent layer on the face. I would add in more water and lather again gradually. I got a good result and haven't used a wide variety of soaps - Cella, Vitos and one or two of Professor Blighty's and Nanny's. The result was good and I like the smell, although not going to be a favourite. The soap texture is unusual (to me) - chalky. This is doing the rounds on the aforementioned thread.
Light Brigade blade - one side of my face using the Fatboy on 7,5,3; the other with the Progress on 2.5 and 1. I got a close shave but not as easily as I was expecting. A little irritation and quite a bit of buffing to get a really close shave. I think I will try thus blade again tomorrow with a familiar soap or cream.

Nuage shaving oil
Erasmic cream (new)
EJ pure badger
EJDE89L with Bolzano Superinox
RSC balm

Time to really chase a total BBS this morning. A bit of buffing delivered it, and comfortably. Splendid.

[attachment=5043]

Saturday:

Crabtree & Evelyn Sienna cream
Omega Silvertip
Ever Ready Streamline
GEM SE blade (7)
Barbershop Bay Rum
TOBS St. James EdC

Fantastic shave and unusually for me I actually took a photo of the gear I used.

Attachments

• SOTD.jpg
    SOTD.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 60
NotTheStig said:
Klar Kabinett soap Wilkinson Sword vintage English New Chromium Edge "Light Brigade" courtesy of the same
Took a but of work to get this Klar Kabinett to lather. I would swirl it up, apply to face and get a thin but consistent layer on the face. I would add in more water and lather again gradually.

Light Brigade blade - one side of my face using the Fatboy on 7,5,3; the other with the Progress on 2.5 and 1. I got a close shave but not as easily as I was expecting. A little irritation and quite a bit of buffing to get a really close shave. I think I will try thus blade again tomorrow with a familiar soap or cream.

What's the scoop, NTS,

The soap was tough to figure out eh? Can't imagine what the problem coulda been.....did you load your brush for 20 seconds or so? You bowl lather with it or face lather, and what container did you use to stick that piece of soap to?

I thought it was easy to whip up, in part because it's softer than most other soaps. Give it a few more times to tweak things and see what happens. Lots of times with a new soap/cream it takes me that long to get things the way I like em.

Mighta affected the way that blade performed.......who knows. It's been my experience to have a less than normal close shave if there's too much cushion. Doesn't let the blade get enough bite.

Martin

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: RV w Shavemach 2b knot
Razor: Cast steel, free mason Sheffield blade
Soap: Arlington by Dr Harris
AS: Floris, Elite
edt: Tuxedo
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D

0471024x662.jpg

.. and a cup of cappu:
037800x531.jpg

Yesterdays shave (fantastic shave :D):
0041024x678.jpg

Saturday:

Red tip Superspeed
Tiger
Neep box wood silvertip
Truefitt & Hill Rose cream

A razor/blade combo I've not used much recently. Loaded with a Tiger, the Red tip never fails to deliver. Lovely shave.

Rushed today but here it goes:

Razor: Sensor excel (4)
Brush: T3 Manchurian
Soap: Valobra menthol

Great shave. This razor makes for a close, comfortable shave with little fuss. Very pleased.

I think I will be getting a Pils handled one soon if I keep getting shaves like this.

Norfolkdick said:
Greetings
Saturdays Shave

Prep: Shower
Brush: Vulfix 404 Mixed
Soap: Boots stick milled
Razor: Merkur 43 C
Blade: Gillette Sharp Edge (Yellow packet)
Aftershave: Nivea Sensitive Balm

This razor is one of the bargain priced ones discussed on this forum, purchased from E-bay for £13.99, the only problem with it is that it weighs a ton, well actually 152grams with a blade according to my digital kitchen scales. It is hard work to shave with because of the very heavy weight, it is like holding a cold chisel! Having said that it gave me a superb shave. I know, I'm a sucker for a bargain even if that bargain is something I did not really want and certainly do not need!

Regards
Dick

Dick, may I ask where you obtained that glass dish and lid?

Back
Top Bottom