SOTD SAT 30 JUNE - FRI 6 JULY

Aqueous cream
Tobs lavender cream
Aristocrat 16 with Astra Keramik (4th use) and Treet Platinum (2nd use)
Professor Blighty's Universal Shaving Balsalm, sandalwood.

Decent but not especially close shave. Yesterday's was very close but this one edges it for comfort.

My Professor Blighty's Universal Shaving Balsalm with Tuxedo scent is enough route; I'm hoping o can use it in tomorrow's SOTD

Today, a full Williams shave!

33e3jlt.jpg

Pre Prep + "old" Williams lanolized shaving cream + Simpson Duke3 Best + UFO U2 Long with Feather Portable head and Filomatic #3 + LEA balm + "old" masaje Williams Sport

First time I use this old NOS Williams Sport after shave lotion I got very cheap. It hasn't smell like its cousin Aqua Velva, is a citric&fresh scent instead. And it's itchy, although fortunately just for a few "terrible" seconds, hehe.

Anyway a good shave, the old Williams cream performs well (with a lovely Aqua Velva like scent) and Filomatic blade shaved better than yesterday.

Cheers!

Today's shave (test drive)

Dove soap/hot face cloth prep
Stanforth 5/8 (1785-1800) straight razor
Taylor's sandlewood shaving cream
TI brush
Cold face cloth / Geo.F.Trumper skinfood to finish

BSS WTG

First off, the razor is shave reddy,its a verry nice razor, if you could afford a razor like this when new, then you were doing well for your self.

Second, the cock that kept ringing my mobile phone(wrong number) when I was shaving.....
Mankind has walked on the moon so When I tell you that you do have the wrong number I was thinking that you were smart enough to believe me but....no 4 times, only to be told you have the wrong number. On the forth time I gave him a pice of my mind the C**t:mad:

Merkur 34c
Wilkinson Sword (1)
Proraso Green soap
EJ black badger
Witch hazel

I used Proraso for the first time today. I think it could be love.

I also started my first real job today after years of higher education/barwork/travelling. My current emotions are cycling from worry to intrigue to excitement back to worry.

earlier this afternoon:

Music: can't remember, was focusing on the shave to the exclusion of all else :blush:

Weber DLC, Astra SP (2)
Kappus shaving cream, lathered with New Forest 2207

WTG x 2, ATG x 1, touchups on a couple of trouble zones

finished off with alum, couple of rinses then some Lynx Africa splash (don't laugh, it was a gift and does the job perfectly well)

Superb shave as it happens, can't remember having this good or comfortable a shave in quite some time.

think the next shave might possibly involve a bit of a mash-up - the bulldog handle with a different head (the ej de89 fits on it nicely), just to see how that goes.

4-7-12

in celebration of independence day, an Italian, Japanese and British shave

Proraso Pre/Post (Original formula)
Feather Artist Club SS - Pro Blade (7)
Neep Jubillee
Proraso Shaving Cream (New Formula)
Nivea replenishing balm
Witch hazel

Back to the knife - I actually missed shaving with it a bit yesterday and I need more practise getting my sticky-out chin smooth.

4-7-12.jpg

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: New Forest, high mountain badger
Razor: American Aristocrat (HAPPY 4th of JULY to All US folks!!:D)
Cream: Fitjar Neroli
AS: La Toja M
Result: Very, very clean :D

0031024x634.jpg

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage butterscotch Ever Ready badger
1958 Executive/Personna74 (NOS)
Lentheric SS
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
too hot for any EdT

Last few days I've used the same razor/blade combo, only because it's perfect. The Exec is dialed down one number to compensate for how sharp this blade is, and bingo.....we have a winner!

BBS results,

Martin

merkur 38
treet dura sharp
shavemac #25 silvertip
TOBS st james shaving cream
eau de brut AS

excellent shave. first time with the treet carbon steel blade and im very impressed, and the st james cream is quickly becoming a favourite. a mention for eau de brut too, for under a fiver this is a beautiful smelling after shave and i highly recommend it.

Godzilla Tech
Rapira (3)
Culmak Junior
La Toja shave stick
Witch hazel
Bulldog AS balm

Another corking shave from this combo.

To continue the Spanish theme I thought I'd pair it with the La Toja stick. Am testing as this brush and stick may well become part of my travel set.

Worked really well together. In fact, I can't praise this brush enough. I'd snap up the one from Executive Shaving if I didn't already have one. No brainer for a tenner.

And the Rapiras are so good I shall be ordering 200 from Bestshave this weekend.

This morning:

Prep: Face wash, Imperial Leather bath soap, cold
Razor: Feather Artist Club RG (wood), Pro blade (13)
Brush: Neep #1033 soapstone ball and bobbin 24mm high mountain badger
Soap: D R Harris almond
Aftershave: Prof Blighty's Rosewood

Only realised half-way to work I'd forgotten to apply any scent. Oh well. Superb shave otherwise.

4th of July Shave.
[attachment=5069]
Razor: Merkur 37C long handle
Blade: Israeli Crystal
Brush : Grosvenor Bristle and Badger
Soap: Sappo almond. All veg. Soap.
Alum
AS: Clubman VI Bay Rum.
Balm: Nivea Protective
Long time since I had used this razor. Good quality. Beautiful finish. Really good shave. Soap~ on the lather.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341444732.453436.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341444732.453436.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 6
Back
Top Bottom