SOTD SAT 30 JUNE - FRI 6 JULY

Aqueous cream
L'Occitane Cade shaving cream
Fatboy on 9, 6 and Progress on 2, 1.5
Wilkinson Sword "Light Brigade" (second shave)
Professor Blighty's Universal Shaving Balsalm - sandalwood

After some soreness using this set-up but with the Klar Kabinett instead of Cade, I am pleased I got a much smoother shave today. The lade is very nice - nice balance of sharpness and smoothness. I have doe two very thorough shaves with this blade so I wouldn't expect to get more than a third similar one from it without noticeable loss of sharpess, but we'll see.

I think I will get to grips with the lathering of the KK next time I use it, but it's not one I would purchase. The smell is pleasant but I'm more of a citrus and almond guy.

Kent BK8
Dr Harris Windsor
Weber DLC
Profs ASB
E45

God what a tuggy shave, I thought I would try some shark super chromes they were so draggy on the first pass, I had to swap out for Gillette Super thins, which strangely felt smooth on one side of the blade and tuggy on the other?! All in all passible results but have had to apply E45 as extra protection.

Prep: hot shower
Brush: Henk, 21 mm silvertip in oak handle
Razor: Feather SS and pro blade
Cream: Lea Menthol
AS: La Toja
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D

0031024x640.jpg

Tuesday 3-7-12

Proraso Pre/Post (Original formula)
Ikon S3S
Supermax Platinum (2)
Muhle Sulvertip Fibre 21mm
L'Occitane Shaving Soap
Nivea replenishing balm
Witch hazel

3-7-12.jpg

Meetings tomorrow so playing it safe with the DE tonight

Tuesday

Razor: OSS
Blade: Vintage 7 o'clock
Brush: Duke 2 2 band
Cream: Coates tea tree and rosemary

Nice shave, not perfect but nothing to complain about.

Wednesday;

Vulfix boar brush
Mama Bears soap
Feather Artist SS with Proguard blade
Boots Tea Tree and Witchhazel
RSC balm
Yelken Lemon Cologne splash

Result: smooooth!

TUESDAY EVENING

IMAG0095.jpg

Godzilla Tech
Rapira (2)
Culmak Junior
Mama Bears lime soap
Witch hazel
Bulldog AS balm

One of the things I like most about this wonderful hobby we all share is the constant element of surprise.

I'd previously dismissed my Techs (I have 2, a fat handle and a thin handle) as being too lightweight and not aggressive enough for my beard.

Tonight I decided to use my UFO Godzilla handle (which is somewhat weighty) with a Tech head and what a revelation!

It's transformed it into a cracking razor. Who'd have thunk it!

Cold shower
Proraso pre/post
Speick lavender cream
M&F blonde badger
GEM Micromatic Bullet Tip
Mr. Taylor's AS
Speick ASB

AMAZING. Simply stunning - LOVE the bullet tip! Haven't touched SEs in a while, although my Clog Pruf also seemed to be quite a decent performer. But this one just beats everything else, dare I say even a slant? Had a 5 day stubble too - gone in two passes, BBS after some touch ups.
Taylor's splash is also quite good, definitely recommend getting it at the current ebay price.

Tried the cold shower, Kappas Nautic shave cream ( enough chill to go with cold shower) done up with an Omega Boar(first time), Jagger Head on a UFO handle with a USA Personna finished with Virfex aftershave gel. NICE Global shave!

Germany, Italy, United Kingdom, Spain, United States!

I like the Jagger, mild enough to go against the grain on that trouble spot behind jaw line. The Personna blade compliments it well (Ill try Israelis next) I thought the boar a bit stiff, but I understand that is the norm!

Feather Artist folding straight razor. Fantastic!
imageuploadedbytapatalk1341367227-740758-jpg.29190
Razor: Feather Artist folding straight. Blade: Proguard. Preshave: Noxzema plus. Soap: Monsavon. Alum. AS: Alcolado Glacial (more refined than Osage Rub). Brush: Badger. Balm: Nivea Protective.
Can't say enough about this Feather shaving system. 2x pass BBS. So mild you sometime think you left the blade out.

Ej Pre shaving cream / EJ DE89L / Gillette 7 o'clock Green / Muhle silvertip fiber (M) / Palmolive stick in mug / Old spice Lagoon / Nivea Balm

p1000080j.jpg

Wednesday:
Edwin Jagger DE86
Personna, Red Pack
Edwin Jagger Best Badger Brush
Mitchell's Woolfat
Geo F Trumper Spanish Leather EDT

Back
Top Bottom