Greetings

Tuesday 5th February 2013
Prep: Shower
Razor: GEM Micromatic OC
Blade: GEM Blue Star Carbon
Brush: Vie Long 13061M Horse
Soap: Speick grated into a container
Aftershave: Simple Balm

My very first shave with a modern carbon SE blade and I admit that I was surprised with just how good a shave it produced. As many of you know carbon SE blades are not available for purchase in the UK other than from the states with a ridiculous postage cost. These blades came from Tonyspurs together with a razor, thank you.

The blades do not glide over the skin in quite the same way as the stainless PTFE coated ones but they cut every bit as well (possibly better) the only down side I can see (apart from availability) is they need to be removed from the razor and wiped dry. They stain straight away after a single shave and I am sure they would rust overnight. I have tried NOS carbon blades before but they have been somewhere between poor and crap in the shave they delivered.

Regards
Dick.

DSC03847.JPG

Today's Shave

GEM Micromatic
GEM Blade
NSS Scotch Pine Hard Shaving Soap (Face Lartherd)
Kent BK8 Brush
Geo.F.Trumper Ajaccio Violets

Result BSS WTG

A lovely shave with this Gem :icon_smile:

Prep: Nivea face wash
Brush: Wilkinson Sword
Cream: Body Shop maca root
Razor: Merkur 25c handle with Edwin Jagger head
Blade: Permasharp

This is the first time I have used a Permasharp blade, and the Merkur / Jagger combination. Not a bad shave, quite smooth.

Tues 5th

sotd5213.jpg

Hot shower
Hot flannel
DR Harris Arlington cream scuttle lathered
Simpsons Colonel best badger brush
Weber POL stainless bulldog handle
Perma-sharp super (2)
Cold rinse
Witch hazel
Boots Freshwood aftershave balm

Smooth comfortable shave on a snowy day.

Brian

Tuesday 02-05-13.

b5261e4e-c88f-4167-ac8a-f60686164073.jpg

Soap from Aleppo - Morris & Forndran 25X53 - Gillette Fatboy - Iridium Super #1 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving soap TABAC - Alum block - Thayers Original - ASB Korres - ASL Myrsol Antesol.

Good afternoon, gents.

Prep: MWF soap + Hot Flannel
Brush: Morris & Forndran Blonde Badger
Soap: MWF
Razor: Weber POL/Bulldog
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow (1)
A/S: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Weleda After Shave Balm
EDT: Penhaligon's Juniper Sling (sample)

2-pass DFS. Gillette Yellow don't shave quite as smooth and close for me as my go-to blades (Personna Med Prep and Super Iridium), but still much better than I remember from the last time I used them.

WiffWaff said:
Disaster! Hope you get everything sorted soon

John said:
Man,that sounds bad around your place, that's a clusterFuck right there....All that....AND a downed coffee machine......NNNOOOOOOOOOO

Hope things get better soon,and at least I've upheld the swedish end,with my SOTD :D

Cheers guys! It is a disaster and I haven't had time to fix the machine yet, but the insurance company was here today and they need to open the roof under the kitchen and prob put in fans there :( ... need an espresso shot, soon :(

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Rod Neep, 28 mm in Kenya soapstone handle
Razor: J Nowill and sons
Soap: Cade
AS: Mennen S B
Edt: Penhaligon's Castile
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Uberclean :D

Really nice razors this one with lovely old ivory scales plus it took a nice and very thin edge/bevel.
0221024x928_zpsa0cd1efe.jpg

Beautiful shave:

Room temperature water
Proraso White pre/post
NF Tubby 1
Dr Harris Windsor
Weber DLC/UFO Red Bronze Goliath XL - Polisilver
Profs ASB mixed with 444

Lovely shave not quite BBS under my neck line but lovely. Don't often use this cream even though its great and adore the smell. Experimenting with temperatures of water at the moment. Gradually going colder.

[attachment=6490]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21360088380.968217.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21360088380.968217.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 20
Burgundy said:
mattyb240 said:
Experimenting with temperatures of water at the moment. Gradually going colder.
I only ever cold water shave now - in fact, warm lather feels a bit odd. It was a good move for me.

I've been going through phases, hot water, stone cold water, then went off it after bad shave, back to hot water, and slowly making my way down again.

Back
Top Bottom