Hot shower
Proraso pre
MWF - 1st time!
Duke 2 Best
GEM 1912
GEM coated blade (5)
Thayer's Peach Witchhazel
Penhaligons Endymion AS Balm

Very smooth. My first use of a soap rather than a cream. I see why so many feel MWF is the tops. Gorgeous stuff.

[attachment=6475]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359783533.872773.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359783533.872773.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 61
Proraso Red shaving cream
Henk walnut silvertip
New Improved with Astra Superior Platinum
Davidoff Cool Water

Went very gently again with a fair bit of stubble and the first pass took off what I might expect from two. The second pass was basically for the tougher areas and touch-ups. Superb result and with fewer passes than I was expecting. I feel I'm getting the knack for the technique for this razor and really reaping the benefits although I wouldn't want to use it when in a rush!

Origin Best Gold Steel in Ebony restored by UKRob
Neep #1214 - Aztec Leopard Skin Jasper
L'Occitane Cade shaving soap
Witch Hazel
Surrati Black Aoud

Apart from drawing claret on my neck in one absent-minded moment I do love my Saturday shaves.

Greetings

Saturday 2nd February 2013
Prep: Shower
Razor: GEM Micromatic Clog-pruf
Blade: GEM Stainless Coated
Brush: Vulfix 406 Boar
Cream: Body Shop Maca Root
Aftershave: RSC Balm

A good shave that could have been great if I had not been too idle to change the blade when I realised (straight away) it was past it's best!

I do not keep any spare blades or razors in the bathroom, but that is a weak excuse.

Regards
Dick.

Saturday:

LEA stick
Vulfix 660
Long comb New/Weber Bulldog
Gillette 7 o'clock SharpEdge
Proraso AS
Nivea Anti - irritation balm

Off skiing for a week and this is my travel kit. Very nice it was too. Roll on Switzerland!

ou4hs7.jpg

Pre hot towel & Veleiro soap + Mike's EL AC 2012 shaving soap + Frank Shaving Finest + Gillette Super Adjustable with yellow Gillette + Thayers Medicated Superhazel + GFT Skinfood Sandalwood

A good shave although I don't like much these kind of Gillette blades... I prefer by far Platinum version!

Cheers!

Saturday Morning

A nice relaxed shave this morning before all the family start arriving to celebrate my Mums birthday.

Prep: Hot Shower
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2
Soap: Nannys Ice and a Slice
Razor: Muhle R41
Blade: Personna Red (2)
Balm: Barbershop Bay Rum

IMG_0319_zps0104c0c3.jpg

Wife and weans at the local shop so twas time to grab a peaceful, uninterrupted shave.

Gillette Slim Adjustable, Gillette Super Thin (unknown # of shaves)
Ogallala By Rum & Sandalwood shave stick - had this for ages, only used once before but found it at the back of the cupboard and thought "aha, you'll do!"
Lathered up with my Vulfix 404a bodger, three passes with the Slim set on 7, 5 and 5
Finished off with some David Beckham (no really, it was a birthday present last year, it's quite pleasant) aftershave and a dod of Proraso smeared across my coupon.
Decent shave, think the Super Thin blade was struggling with over a week's stubble cos I normally get a cracking shave with the razor/blade combo.

Afternoon, everyone.

Saturday:

Prep: Claus Porto Lime-oil face soap
Razor: EJ DE89 head with an iKon Bulldog handle
Blade: Gillette 7 o'clock Green (1)
Brush: Ecotools Bamboo Finishing Kabuki brush
Shave soap: La Toja stick
A/S: Pashana

A lovely start to the week.

Hot flannel
Proraso pre, white
NF Tubby 1 brush, MWF soap
Gillette Slim (setting #5), Perma-sharp (2)
Cold splash, alum block
Clinique post-shave healer

Very smooth shave after turning the Slim up to #5... at the expense of a tiny bit of rawness... I think I should have turned my technique up to #5 as well. Will try harder tomorrow

Saturday 02-02-13. MUSIC: King Crimson_LP In The Court Of The Crimson King.

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjIpU9cV2ac[/video]

Afeitado_2013-02-027-1.jpg

Soap from Aleppo - Rodney Neep soapstone extra silvertip - Gillette Fatboy - Polsilver #2 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving cream Tabula Rasa Koriander & Bergamotte - Alum block - Thayers Original - ASB Castle & Forbes Lime - ASL Honeybee Gardens Key Lime.

Hot shower
Edwin Jagger aloe vera hard soap
Father-in-laws handmedown brush
Gillette Fat Boy from the pool hand around
Gillette super thin blade from Connaughts TSR blade sampler kit
Alum
Nivea balm

I got the razor yesterday from Burgundy and had my first go this morning. I dial up 1, reckoning that I'll work my way up the numbers through the week.
First impression out of the box was this it is a beautiful bit of kit. The shave was pretty great, I only did one WTG pass deliberately so no BBS, but I felt that there was a slight lack of feedback. I reckon that this will come with a higher setting.

muhle r41
perma sharp super
shavemac #25 silvertip
ingram shaving cream
bleu de chanel AS
jo malone vetyver cologne

lovely close shave. wouldve been a perfect shave other than a small nick underneath my chin, one of those nicks the r41 can throw up when you dont even realise youve done it until you see the blood. not a biggie though.

Saturday 2nd February

Hot Shower and Facial Scrub
Shavex Brushless Cream
Thiers-Issard Le-Grelot Form 11/16 X-Thick Grind
New Forest Tubby2 2 Band
Nanny's Cedarwood and Vetyver Soap
Alum Block
Organic Shea Butter
Myrsol Metilsol AS
TBS White Musk for Men
Yardley Pomade
Brian's Own (Moustache Wax)

A lovely 3 pass BBS.

Saturday Feb 2
- It's Groundhog Day!

• Rubber-handled Omega Boar
    Gem Micromatic Clog Pruf
    SE blade
    Vulfix Old Familiar Persian Musk cream
    Thayers' Rose witch hazel
    Floid Suave mentolado AS

Two passes over a few days worth of growth and bonny results, wot ho!
--------------
Reposted from wrong thread, which was by accident; due, most likely, to my having been away sooooo long.

Back
Top Bottom