SOTD sat 21 july through to fri 27th july.

Sunday

Merkur Progress
Shark Super Chrome Blade
Edwin Jagger Silvertip Brush
Scent From Heaven Lime Soap
Witch Hazel

Ian

SUNDAY EVENING

7 o'clock head with UFO Red Kong handle
Bolzano Superinox (2)
Simpsons Hive Manchurian badger
Klar Kabinett
Witch hazel
Castle Forbes AS balm

Almost all good tonight. The KK lathered like a rabid bulldog, and my 7 o'clock 'Aristocrat' (courtesy of the beautiful UFO handle) delivered it's customary superb shave.

The only black mark is this crap balm. I won't be buying this again, that's a cert!

Re: RE: SOTD sat 21 july through to fri 27th july.

barlines said:
Dr Rick said:
... a run to the Cat and Fiddle".

What a great way to spend an afternoon on a warm & sunny Sunday. Is that the one bertween Buxton & Macclesfield or another one?

That's the one. From Lymm to the Cat for coffee, then through the lanes to Flagg for lunch at the superb cafe there, then home scenically and happily :).

dodgy said:
What's the scoop Doc,

So it's a progressive kinda thing? Less blood and gore as the new straight user figures out the technique is what it sounds like, which makes sense.

Well, I'm being profoundly unscientific as my sample size is one: me. But I found a few little nicks at first (always the same couple of places), then down to little weepers, then nothing for a month or so, then some really stupid minor injuries from overconfidence, then the best part of six months with virtually nothing - less even than with carts, far less than a DE could sometimes unexpectedly deliver to me. And yes, I think your diagnosis exactly right. They're astoundingly friendly devices once you get to know them :).

To the accompaniment of some Led Zeppelin then a touch of Manic Street Preachers:

Weber DLC, loaded with an Astra SP on its third shave.
T&H No. 10 shave cream lathered with my New Forest brush. Luxurious, copious botanical lather ensued.
Just did two passes, 1 x wtg, 1 x atg then touched up a couple of rough patches.
Finished off with a swipe of the alum block over the face, then a rinse followed by a splash of Floris Elite AS.

Cracking Shave Gromit!

Prep: Edwin Jagger facial exfoliant
and
Edwin Jagger hydrating pre shave lotion
Cream: Edwin Jagger Sea Buckthorn
Brush: Edwin Jagger synthetic bristle
Razor: Edwin Jagger Chatsworth Barley
Blade: Personna 'red' platinum

An all Edwin Jagger shave. The hydrating pre shave lotion does make a difference in that the shave is smoother. The Personna 'reds' are a good all round blade, not too sharp, and work quite well with the Chatsworth razor.

Over the next few weeks it'll be pretty much Edwin Jagger, so I'll probably be copying and pasting this into the next SOTD.

Sunday

Gillette A3 1955 Superspeed
Wilkinson Sword SS (2)
T&H Turnback - Super
Nanny's Yushi/Juniper Soap

Dr Henk's #6 Dutch Moss ASB

Three pass, face lather.

Sensational shave; I'd forgotten just how good Nanny's soap and Henk's ASB were.

Both very highly recommended.

Monday

Gillette A3 1955 Superspeed
Wilkinson Sword SS (3)
Grosvenor 404 Bodger
Erasmic Cream

Nivea ASB
Tabac AS

Three pass, face lather.

Back to just very good!

A change of razor tomorrow think.....

:icon_razz:

Kent bk8
TOBS- Jermyn Street
Merkur 37c - Super Iridium
Profs ASB

Well I won't be using this blade again, certainly a bit too sharp for me. Left my neck quite roar in places. Smooth but raw.

Monday, 23.vii.2012

Prebarba Vitos
Omega 73645
Nanny's Silly Soaps Yushu
Merkur 43C
Croma Diamant
Thayer's Witch Hazel Lavender
Williams Aqua Velva

P1060593.jpg

Proraso Pre
Kyoku Shave Cream
EJ89
Med Prep Blade
Proraso post shave

Very nice Monday shave,getting to grips with the brushless Kyoku.
Have a good week:icon_smile:

Monday:

Arko soap
Semogue SOC Boar
Gillette Slim Adjustable
Gillette SharpEdge (3)
TOBS Shaving Shop AS
TOBS St. James EdC

Very nice!

Monday

Merkur Progress
Shark Super Chrome Blade
Edwin Jagger Silvertip Brush
Mitchell's Wool Fat Shaving Soap
Witch Hazel

Ian

Monday

white proraso pre post
NF 2213
White proraso soap (old formula)
Merkur HD + GST (1)
Thayers superhazel
Proraso ASB

result - 3 passes. The full proraso effect. BBS. I could tell the shave was close when I put the superhazel on - a slight tingling which I normally dont get.
Best shave in a while.

Sunday shave:

2q8dd0y.jpg

Pre Prep + Razorock XXX + Simpson Duke3 + Merkur Slant with Iridium Super #1 + Sergio Tacchini splash with 444

This Razorock works really well, very slick and with good scent. And what to say about Iridium Super, hehe. A superb shave!

Cheers!

Monday shave:

35bcuh2.jpg

Pre Veleiro soap + "homemade" Mitchells Wool Fat soap stick + Simpson Duke3 Best + UFO U2 Long with Feather Portable head and Laser + TOBS Mr Taylor lotion with 444

Yeah, this MWF sticks really rocks! Easy foam with little effort for a superb shave! And this Mr Taylor lotion smells really well, a shame its poor lasting.

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom