SOTD sat 21 july through to fri 27th july.

RE: SOTD Sat 21/07/12 - Fri 27/07/12 ...

Dr D ^^ please move your post to the official thread...

I tried to delete again, but failed (don't know why).

20120722.jpg

Good morning friends.
As the book of Anne Geddes remains on the table, I thought about looking a picture to match my UFO Godzilla, chubby and soft, and I found that this fits well. The Calani Iberian Sun is great and the Coimbra Water, delicious.
Forza Alonso, Forza Ferrari!!!

Sunday:

Arko
Semogue SOC Boar
Feather Artist Club SS
Feather Pro blade (8)
Alum
Professor Blighty's harlequin AS

Relatively smooth. I seem to have traded nicks for weepers, I don't know if that counts as progress but I'm counting it. Easily staunched with a liberal application of alum.

Slight change of pace this week.

Gillette Slim Adjustable (set to 3) with 7 o'clock green
NF2221 mountain badger
The Real Shaving Co cream
C&E Sienna asb.

Not used to the Gillette in ages. I found set to a 3 quite aggressive (for me), more than my EJ DE87 and Merkur 34c. Couple of tiny nicks, but a smooth shave.

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Marshall Fields rebranded Simpsons best
1958 Executive/Personna 74 (NOS)
CF lime SC
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic

BBS results,

Martin

Proraso Pre/Post (Original formula)
IkonS3S
Dorco 301(2)
Simpsons Tulip T1
Proraso Green Cream (new Formula)
Nivea Replenishing balm
Witch hazel

One of those shaves that just leaves your skin feeling completely undisturbed 5 mins after you have shaved. All set for the week.

Re: RE: SOTD sat 21 july through to fri 27th july.

MachM said:
Relatively smooth. I seem to have traded nicks for weepers, I don't know if that counts as progress but I'm counting it. Easily staunched with a liberal application of alum.

Definitely! Soon the weepers will be gone too :).

Got a text from a friend this morning: "weather's great, get the roadster out, see you in half an hour for a run to the Cat and Fiddle". Well, why not. No shave, no time :).

Dr Rick said:
MachM said:
Relatively smooth. I seem to have traded nicks for weepers, I don't know if that counts as progress but I'm counting it.

Definitely! Soon the weepers will be gone too :).

What's the scoop Doc,

So it's a progressive kinda thing? Less blood and gore as the new straight user figures out the technique is what it sounds like, which makes sense.

I guess that poster somehow made it past the earlier 'small boils' stage. Hah, that usually stops most people.

Martin

Back
Top Bottom