SOTD sat 21 july through to fri 27th july.

No pre-shave
Mama Bear's Lime Ice shaving soap
Schick M adjustable with Gillette Platinum Plus blade
Proraso pre- and post- shave cream as post-shave

This blade has been used a few times and left in the razor. Was good but not up to the usual standard under the jawline. Still, no irritation and no nicks.

Definitely need the menthol kicks. Using Original Source XXX black mint shower gel as part of the daily ablutions routine now

NotTheStig said:
Using Original Source XXX black mint shower gel as part of the daily ablutions routine now

The black mint is a recent discovery for me, probably more down to the fact it was half price in boots than anything else. I love it.

Tuesday:

La Toja stick
Semogue SOC Boar
Ever Ready Streamline
GEM SE Blade (1)
Barbershop Bay Rum
TOBS St James EdC

Haven't used an SE for a while, glad I did this morning. Fantastic shave.

Tuesday, 24.vii.2012

Prebarba Vitos
Semogue prototipo TheShaveNook
Klar Kabinett
Schick Injector L1 white
Schick/Wilkinson Injector Blades
Thayer's Witch Hazel Lavender
Proraso Dopobarba

P1060607.jpg

35i3fo3.jpg

Pre Dopobarba Santa Maria Novella + Santa Maria Novella shaving cream + New Forest 2213 + Merkur Slant 37g with Iridium Super #2 + Myrsol Fórmula K with Herbíssimo balm

A really fresh, clean shave! This italian shaving cream is superb and has probably the best mentholated scent I have test, really elegant! A shame that it was soooo expensive.

Cheers!

oversaturn said:
Tuesday, 24.vii.2012

Prebarba Vitos
Semogue prototipo TheShaveNook
Klar Kabinett
Schick Injector L1 white
Schick/Wilkinson Injector Blades
Thayer's Witch Hazel Lavender
Proraso Dopobarba

P1060607.jpg

Excellent shot, Sir!

Ian

Tuesday

Dovo Best Quality 5/8
EJ Silvertip Brush
Scent From Heaven Lime Shaving Soap
Witch Hazel

Better than my last straight shave, possibly as a result of a visit to the Naniwa 10K stone for a touch up.

The result is barely acceptable, but I'm not sore and didn't bleed.

Ian

Wilkinson Sword disposable
EJ black badger
La Toja stick
Bluebeards Revenge PSB

Floris Limes

Still stuck with the disposable. I am achieving a BBS but there's definitely too much pulling for my liking. I'm looking forward to returning to a DE. The La Toja's been marvellous and I'm contemplating a head-to-head with the Palmolive when I get back. I suspect that my horsehair brush'll get on with nicely with them.

As ever, some of the SOTD pictures on here are making me very jealous indeed!

EDIT: Gillette Slim Adjustable's turned up from Tardisbasher and I've a pack of Derbys with me! Don't you just love it when a plan comes together?

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep;

vintage butterscotch Made Rite badger
1958 Executive/Feather
Lentheric SS (old stuff)
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic

After 7-8 shaves I retired the Personna 74 yesterday. Probably coulda got more very good shaves but figured I wouldn't push things. Heck of a nice blade.

BBS results,

Martin

This morning:

Prep: Face wash, Imperial Leather bath soap, cold
Razor: ERN 13/16" "Crown & Sword", extra hollow
Brush: Neep #1033 soapstone ball and bobbin 24mm high mountain badger
Soap: Pre de Provence
Aftershave: Prof Blighty's Red Ginger

A bit tuggy, and only acceptably close, but all in all not too bad. I don't know if these extra hollow ground need a slightly different approach, or just a visit to a stone.

Dr Rick said:
This morning:

Prep: Face wash, Imperial Leather bath soap, cold
Razor: ERN 13/16" "Crown & Sword", extra hollow
Brush: Neep #1033 soapstone ball and bobbin 24mm high mountain badger
Soap: Pre de Provence
Aftershave: Prof Blighty's Red Ginger

A bit tuggy, and only acceptably close, but all in all not too bad. I don't know if these extra hollow ground need a slightly different approach, or just a visit to a stone.

Sounds lilke the edge might just need tweaking - I have extra hollow and fine them great shavers.

Pre shave - Arko
Razor - Muhle '11 R41
Blade - Astra SP
Brush - New Forest Tubby 1 Finest Silvertip
Soap - D R Harris
A/S - Boots Witch Hazel gel followed by Tabac A/S lotion
One of, if not THE BEST D/E shave I've ever had.....comfortable, BBS with no irritation... I've found my perfect 'R41 / blade' combo!! Well chuffed.. :icon_biggrin:

New forest tubby 1 (first use)
Proraso green (1st use)
Weber DLC - Astra SP (2)
Profs ASB

Pretty damn smooth, loved the cooling effect of proraso but to be honest was hoping it was stronger! Small amount of irritation due to water soap balance and new brush. Got to learn how to use soaps properly!

Back
Top Bottom