SOTD Sat. 20th April to Fri. 26th April 2013

Wednesday:

LEA Mentholated cream
Vulfix 660
Ever Ready Streamline
Gem blade
Witch Hazel
Blue Stratos AS

Very quick shave this morning, still more than acceptable results.

Gentlemen, You will have to go easy on me for a while until I get all the jargon and other stuff correct. In Friday's post I received 1xWeishi Razor 9306-D 1x Tub of TOBS Sandlewood shaving cream a low quality brush and 3x tucks of blades 1x Dorco 1x Wilkinson Sword 1x Astra all delivered for just under £20.00. So yesterday was my first opportunity to see what I got for my money.

I decided to use a Dorco blade with the above and as yet only have the EJ DE 89 + Derby as a direct comparison. The Dorco blade was very gentle almost too gentle the Weisi is noticeably lighter than the EJ but with the 3 passes gave a very smooth shave indeed. I think that this little kit will become my travel pack, when I decide on the blade to use it came in a plastic box with a cleaning brush, useful for travelling.

My next purchase will be a heavier barber pole as after years of cartridge shaving it's the handle length and I have big hands too.

Greetings

Wednesday 24th April 2013
Prep: Shower
Razor: GEM Micromatic Clog-pruf
Blade: GEM Blue Star Carbon
Brush: Semogue OC Boar
Soap: La Toja stick grated into a container
Aftershave: Astral Cream (light)

Super shave from the Clog-pruf and my first use of La Toja in the stick form (I have the cream) my initial thoughts are very nice but I don't think as good as the Spanish Lea stick, I need to use it more to be sure.

Regards
Dick.

DSC04217.JPG

Wednesday

Prep: Hot Shower (the boiler is fixed at last)
Brush: Simpsons 56
Cream: TOBS Eton College
Razor: Gillette New with custom JEC handle
Blade: NOS English Wilkie
A/S: TOBS Eton College
Cologne: TOBS Eton College

Excellent shave :D

Tuesday Evening

Razor : EJ DE86
Blade : Wilkinson Sword
Cream : Ingrams
Brush : C&E super Badger
Splash : Superdrug Sierran Breeze.

Nice smooth shave last night. enjoying getting the EJ back out and comparing the milder shave to the more aggressive razors I've been using.

Prep: Shower
Scuttle: Schwarzweisskeramik
Brush: Simpsons Chubby 1 Best Badger
Razor: Joseph Fenton 5/8" quarter hollow
Cream: Castle Forbes Lime
Astringent: Osma Alum
Aftershave: TOBS No.74 Victorian Lime
Eau de Toilette: Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet

SOTD-13-04-24_zps2dd9ccb0.jpg

Notes: Fairly good shave, reasonably close 2-pass, little sting. I like this razor - it has a nice heft to it and the scales are strong and solid. Could do with being a tad sharper though.
Castle Forbes lathers and performs well but I think it's slightly irritating to my skin. I think I'll suck it up and try and get a jar of Xpec when I run out of this.

Afternoon, gents.

Wedesday:

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: EJDE89 with iKon Bulldog handle
Blade: Shark Super Stainless (4)
Brush: Ecotools Kabuki
Shave soap: Bath House, Spanish Fig and Nutmeg
A/S: Denim

Very good indeed.

Wednesday 24th April

sotd24413.jpg

Warm shower
Hot flannel
DR Harris Arlington cream scuttle lathered
Simpson Harvard 4 best badger brush
Ikon open comb stainless
Rainbow (1)
Cold rinse
Witch hazel
DR Harris Arlington aftershave

Comfortable, clean shave today. I'm finally getting to grips with the open comb, I keep returning to it every few weeks. The Rainbow blades quite good for the cost.

Brian

Wednesday

Gillette face wash
Proraso pre
Arko moist cream
EJ DJ87
Sputnik blade
Alum block
Nivea balm
Ck one

The first time I have used a Sputnik blade (from a UNITA77 sample blades pack) very impressed and one of my best shaves to date

Hot shower
Kupa Bulgarian shave cream
Rudy Vey custom brush
Merkur Progress
Rapira Swedish Steel (3)
Aqua Velva Classic Ice Blue aftershave

Cream was thick and slick when face lathered. Brush is great for face lathering, slight higher loft on two band best.

Merkur on 3 passes WTG, XTG, ATG 3, 2.5, 2.5.

Blade was still sharp and smooth but 2 weepers today, just tiny spots near mouth corners (usual spots) stopped after cold water splash. I have adopted the 3 strikes and out policy for blades, so it is in the sharps container used as my blade bank....

First time with Aqua Velva, fantastic stuff, sent to me today with a whole load of freebies (you know who you are).

Face feels smooth, soft and has that warm gentle glow which all good aftershaves give after a good shave.

Back
Top Bottom