SOTD Sat 1st Sept to Frid 7th Sept 2012

Monday

Razor: EJ DE89 barley chrome
Blade: Tiger (2)
Brush: Simpson PJ2 2 band super
Soap: Valobra menthol

Lovely shave. These blades were given to me by a good friend, didn't look to special but shave really well. Nice balance of sharp and smooth.

Dutch Moss
Ideal on 9 (always) with Schick Ultra Platinum
Body Shop Arber balm

Nice shave. This isn't really an adjustable razor for me - the top setting is what I need for all my passes. Works for me though.

I've also put the now used blade in mineral oil. I know some of the more anal DE shavers do this and I'll see if it works for me and is worth the hassle. I'll probably use tweezers to get it out.

Sunday night

Gillette Adjustable ('65)
Perma-Sharp Super (1)
MÜHLE Silvertip Fibre
Nancy Boy Replenishing Cream
Nancy Boy Replenishing After Shave Gel

Disappointing shave. I've used NB Replenishing before but never with a brush, I think I must have got the cream/water ratio way off. Not enough glide. The Perma-Sharp felt like it was tugging, got a couple of nicks. This is why I night shave, so by morning I had a SAS. I should know better by now but I changed 2 variables with this shave (cream and razor), I'll be returning to the Krona for the foreseeable future. I've yet to find a blade or a cream I'm truly happy with and I haven't tried a soap in years. The MÜHLE Silvertip performs extremely well, I'd like to try the Black Fibre and maybe a 23mm knot Silvertip Fibre but only for the sake of curiosity. I'm not sure about the adjustable, everyone seems to rave about them but I've almost sold mine twice, I just don't seem to get on with it. Maybe I'll give it another try at some point. The NB ASG works well. I have nothing else to compare it to at the moment, in the past I've used Weleda ASB which I found to work very well, and Trumpers Skin Food (two samples that seemed to last forever) which worked but left me a bit oily. Oh well, back to the drawing board... I'm sure that BBS shave is just around the corner :dodgy:

NotTheStig said:
...I know some of the more anal DE shavers do this and I'll see if it works for me and is worth the hassle. I'll probably use tweezers to get it out.

I had to read this twice. If you read it too quickly without paying attention you can seriously get the wrong end of the stick.

SUNDAY EVENING

Gillette Aristocrat Junior \ Feather AC SS
Polsilver (4) \ Kai Mild (7)
Semogue 2011 LE Boar 2
Nannys Cedarwood and Vetyver hard soap
Witch hazel
Institut Karite AS balm

Again, first two passes with the Feather tonight. My lather last night must have been a bit off as I've only got one tiny weeper tonight.

I still need to figure out some of the angles on the extremes of my neck but I'm pleased with how it's going.

This morning:

Prep: Face wash, Imperial Leather bath soap, cold
Razor: Myers & Son 6/8" hollow ground
Brush: Neep #1156 cocobolo chubby 24mm extra silvertip
Soap: L'Occitane Cade
Aftershave: Prof Blighty's Yellow Ginger
Scent: Trumper's GFT

A first-class shave for my first day back.

Tuesday:

Vitos soap
Semogue SOC Boar
Gillette Slim Adjustable
Red Personna (3)
Pinaud Vanilla AS

Just two passes this morning, WTG and ATG. Nice results.

Shower
Merkur12C
Gillette Blue (#6 and last)
SWK XL Scuttle
Simpson Berkeley
TOBS Rose
Nivea Silver Protect
Trumper Skin food

p1000385j.jpg

Morning campers

Old Wilkinson Sword blade...MMMmmmm nice one
Soap. Unknown. A puck. A gift. A surpise.
NF brush two band.

Shower, shave finish with Lush Prince cream. Which I have never shaved with just use as a moisturiser. Me lovely missus came back from shopping with it yesterday. Smells very very faintly of ash trays. In a good way. I used to have to clean out the ash trays every morning when I did bar work. When a used ashtray is dipped in hot water you get THAT smell..
So lush cream has the whiff of a 1970's pub in darkest Surrey about it...

At ease. carry on,
yrs
Slack.

Back
Top Bottom