Greetings

Saturday 1st September 2012
Prep: Shower
Razor: GEM Pushbutton
Blade: Modern GEM Stainless Coated
Brush: Vie Long 13061M Horse
Soap: Tweex pressed into a container
Aftershave: RSC Balm

My best single edged shave so far and perhaps my best shave ever? I am trying to workout my order of preference for the GEM's/EverReady's; I am still unsure but this model is in the top three, which is exactly what Antdad told me when I started out trying and acquiring SE Razors!

Regards
Dick

Saturday 1st Sept.

Hot shower and facial scrub.
Vitos Pre/Post Shave cream
Muhle R41/Rapira blade
Semogue SOC Boar in Ash
Alum Block
Organic Shea Butter
Myrsol Agua de Limon
TBS Kistna EDT
Morgans Classic Pomade

My first use of the R41. The head is scary and the handle surprisingly light. Looking at the blade exposure, I had to use a really weird angle to get the sweet spot without blood loss and concentration was required to avoid returning to my normal DE angle. I was pleased with my first attempt. BBs with 3 passes...no blood loss...and no razor burn.

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: The Hive by Simpson
Razor: Boker, Griplus
Soap: Castle Forbes, lime
AS: La Toja, Manantiales
Strop: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D

This razor has been a small favorite of mine for a long time, feels like really nice steel and she has a very nice edge :D
0131024x591.jpg

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Morning Coffee: Dunkin Donuts
Prep: Wash face with Prairie Creations Pre-Shave Soap
Razor: Schick I1
Blade: Schick
Soap: MdC
Brush: Plisson EW 10
Scuttle/Mug: Sara Bonnyman Bowl
[attachment=5488]

Attachments

• Photo3413.jpg
    Photo3413.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 17
Still no brush so went with the brushless goo option again.

muhle r89
Gillette yellow (2)
Nivea Sensitive canned goo
sudocrem as as
fahenheight edt

3 passes for DFS with only a small weeper on the neck. a small can of the goo might no be a bad travel option when traveling light.

still or brush from maquires and no contact today as promised.

Pre shave - Hot Towel, Arko
Razor - Weber ARC
Blade - Astra S/S
Brush - CH2 2Band
Soap - Mike's Unscented
Cold Rinse/ Witch Hazel Gel/ Musgo Real

Great shave, Squeaky clean... ;)

Prep-Shower
Razor-Merkur 42 Nickel "1904 Replica" fitted on my own handle
Blade-Astra Super Platinum
Brush-26mm Silvertip, again fitted in my own handle
Soap-La Toja, I am struggling to use anything else, I love the smell and performance
Post shave-Arko followed by DR Harris Sandalwood
[attachment=5489]

Gillette Old Type
SuperMax Blue Diamond (3)
New Forest 2213
Proraso green soap (old)
Witch hazel
Proraso white balm
Floris JF

Why do I bother using anything else when shaves can be this good? Completely smooth. I've only just realised that I have the pre-reformulation of the Proraso green. I'd heard that the new formulation delivers less menthol kick but better performance. I get great, easy lather from this so the new stuff must be out of this world!

Edit: Just spritzed on a bit of Dior Homme following post-hockey shower. My favourite frag from a 'designer' house. This bottle (my second) definitely smells different to the one I bought several years ago - it feels as though they've toned down the lipstick-cum-iris topnote - probably to appease the mass market - and I think it suffers for it. I may have to investigate the 'Intense' flanker when this gets low.

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep;

vintage rebranded Simpsons
'Webly'/Schick Plus Platinum (NOS)
Lucky Tiger SC
Dior 'Eau Sauvage' AS balm (old stuff)
Dior 'Eau Sauvage' Pour Homme (old juice)

Got the 5 ounce shaving cream along with more Face Tonic I needed to order for $30 shipped. I remembered this liquid cream from a squirt bottle working pretty well in the long ago past.

Heh, I think I mighta remembered wrong. I'll give it a few more shots before doing any kinda review, but it don't look too good so far. It's still possible I screwed up the lather, but I kinda doubt that's the case here.

BBS results,

Martin

Gillette Aristocrat Junior
Polsilver (3)
Semogue 2011 LE Boar 2
Myrurgia stick (face lathered)
Witch hazel
Bulldog AS balm

BBS with this great combo. Love the smell of the soap too, damn shame it isn't made anymore.

Back
Top Bottom