SOTD Sat 1st Sept to Frid 7th Sept 2012

Sunday, September 2, 2012. Good Morning!

Morning Coffee: Dunkin Donuts
Prep: Wash face with Prairie Creations Pre-Shave Soap
Razor: Schick I1
Blade: Schick
Soap: MdC
Brush: Plisson EW 10
Scuttle/Mug: Sara Bonnyman Bowl
[attachment=5493]

Attachments

• Photo3406.jpg
    Photo3406.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 13
7 o'clock with Personna '74 (about the eleventh or twelfth shave)
Scent from Heaven Orange shaving soap
Lacoste a/s balm

Very nice. Best shave yet from this blade. Soap is new and great performance as ever but also very nice orange smell. Was a little worried as this soap, unlike my other one from SFH, said "orange and cucumber extracts" on the packaging. Hate cucumber. Luckily the smell is purely orange

9-2-2012

SOTD8-31-2012.jpg

EJ DE89L with Personna Red
Vulfix 404 'Bodger'
Arko Stick
Alum
Cold Water
Witch Hazel

WTG, XTG, ATG - damn fine shave. Trying to tough it out with no moisturizer to 'train' my skin. Still feels a little dry but absolutely minimal irritation.

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage butterscotch Rooney badger
'Webly'/Schick Plus Platinum (NOS)
Surrey SS (pre VDH reformulation)
Barbershop Bay Rum AS
Ungaro2 EdT (1992 juice with lots of civet)

Used this old brush today before sending it off to another member. Wanted to make sure it wasn't still shedding as badly as the previous time. Yeah, half the knot fell out last time, and I hadda stuff it back in the handle. Seems ok now, although it's a tiny bit on the floppy side.

This morning it was fine......only shed the usual 70-80 hairs. I was a little worried but no reason to be. Now if I could only get rid of the 'grampa's basement' smell. Oh well. the new owner can deal with that.

BBS results,

Martin

This morning:

Prep: Face wash, Imperial Leather bath soap, cold
Razor: Kropp 6/8", ivorine scales, restored by Jamie
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2 in best
Soap: Tabac stick
Aftershave: Prof Blighty's Green Ginger

Ohoh. This is, for me, probably the best way to use the Chubby - face lathers a stick brilliantly, whereas it takes quite a while to load enough product for this monster otherwise.

A fast and first-class shave.

Sunday:

Rooney style 2
Godrej shave cream
Merkur 34C HD
Gillette 7 o'clock green Super Stainess
Body Shop Kistna EDT

Godrej is seriously good soap, seems to have fallen out of favour on shaving forums. Change of blade for a change of pace, extremely smooth.

Gillette Tech
Feather (1)
New Forest 2213
Proraso white soap
Witch hazel
Proraso white balm
Bulgari pour Homme

Bowl lathered for the first time in ages and messed it up. Too much water led to foamy lather. Plenty of glide but not much cushioning. Back to face lathering...

Proraso Pre/Post (Original formula)
Ikon S3S
Dorco 301 (1)
Kent BS10
Cella Crema Da Barba
Nivea Sensitive Aftershave Balm

The Kent and the Cella between then conspired to make enough lather to shave me for the rest of the year, crazy amounts of the stuff.
The ikon and Dorco usually work well for me but seems to have irritated my skin a little tonight, maybe its the new blade or maybe its just that I've not been shaving as often at the moment and now I'm paying the price.

Gairdner said:
:icon_arrowu::icon_arrowu: Tease and wind up merchant!

:D

If that's a strange sounding foreigner compliment, thank you!

Heh, I can imagine a new member reading that previous post, and thinking what a swell guy I must be.

Back
Top Bottom