SOTD Sat. 19th to Frid. 25th January 2013

Today's shave

1926 Ever-Ready shovel (The Lu-Lu Temple Razor)
GEM Blade
Kent BK12 Brush
TOBS Sandalwood Shaving Cream
Geo.F.Trumper Sandalwood SkinFood

Results BSS WTG :)

And once again while I ponder my shave....a coffee.

Afternoon, all.

Monday:

Prep: Claus Porto Lime-oil face soap
Razor: EJ DE89 head with an iKon Bulldog handle
Blade: Astra Blue (2)
Brush: Vulfix Grosvenor
Shave cream: L'Occitan Cade
A/S: L'Occitan Cade

The L'Occitan shave cream doesn't want to lather unless I use a large amount (because of the shea butter?), but does a decent job in the end. And the scent is fantastic.

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Muhle
Razors: C V Heljestrand M K 31 for face and Gillette Popular for head
Soap: Cade
AS: Paco Rabanne Ultraviolet
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Uberclean :D

0051024x619_zpsf379761c.jpg

Gillette Slim Adjustable
Croma Diamant (3)
MÜHLE Silvertip Fibre
Taylor's Jermyn St cream
Proraso Aftershave balm

Massive improvement form the Taylor's: the trick was to use more soap; decent lather and the tiny synthetic had ample for 2 more passes than the 3 taken. That's my travel/weekend bag kit sorted for the time being. The pass-around Fatboy was handed over from the old chap next door (often takes parcels for us) this evening. I'll give it its trial this week but, aesthetically for now, I'm still inclined towards my Slim! Let's see if I'm made to retract that by the weekend.

Mikael said:

Result: Uberclean :D [/B]

Holy smokes Mikey, them is some purty razors. So the pic is set up to enable both DE users as well as those crazy straights guys. Very devious of you. Very very sneaky, and probably effective. Sheesh.

On a more humorous note, I recognized that Svenska razor of yours from other pics. As I mentioned before, I had the exact same looking razor (with that same black mark on the scale) as a part of the four razors in the package you never received. Heh, it always make me a little wistful when I see yours. Matter of fact, you have a bunch of the same razors I usta have before shipping some to you for cleaning up. That darn old mailman.

Grampy Marty

Oh.....any new members reading this might keep in mind that sometimes a tiny bit of facetious humor can creep into my posts on rare occasions.

parker 91 handle/ fatip
7 o'clock yellow
semogue 620
proraso green
clubman classic vanilla AS
boots no7 post shave balm

a very good, very close shave. id previously given up on the fatip but decided to give it a try on a parker handle, and it worked really well, may use this more often.

dodgy said:
Mikael said:

Result: Uberclean :D [/B]

Holy smokes Mikey, them is some purty razors. So the pic is set up to enable both DE users as well as those crazy straights guys. Very devious of you. Very very sneaky, and probably effective. Sheesh.

On a more humorous note, I recognized that Svenska razor of yours from other pics. As I mentioned before, I had the exact same looking razor (with that same black mark on the scale) as a part of the four razors in the package you never received. Heh, it always make me a little wistful when I see yours. Matter of fact, you have a bunch of the same razors I usta have before shipping some to you for cleaning up. That darn old mailman.

Grampy Marty

Oh.....any new members reading this might keep in mind that sometimes a tiny bit of facetious humor can creep into my posts on rare occasions.

How doing martini, I reckon you should pop over to Sweden,you know where Micky resides at right ? and.......get a free shave from Micky with that fabulous ABBA Razor + get a free bottle of vintage splash + an outstanding coffee.

Whilst your there you can examine that straight razor...up close white eyed, with your to be good host.....I think that Micky will be only to happy to unleash that razor just for you, in the most friendly of ways.

Monday 21st January

Hot shower and facial scrub
Vitos Pre/Post cream
Ford & Medley 333 5/8
New Forest Tubby 1 Two Band
Cyril Salter French Vetyver Cream
Witch Hazel
Nannys Vanilla Post Shave Hydration
TBS White Musk for Men
Morgans Classic Pomade
Brian's Own (moustache wax)

30 laps on Felt, 40 on Latigo , and 40 on English Bridle. This razor is giving a lovely shave at the moment. 3 pass close, smooth and comfortable.

Prep: Facewash
Razor: FaTip / Weber Bulldog
Blade: Rapira Platinum Lux (1)
Brush: Simpson Duke 2 Best
Soap: MWF
AS: Speick Splash

2 pass cold water face lather shave.

A bit of irritation with this blade, i get the same with the Gillette Rubie, i may have to try this blade in another razor before i write it off completely.

MONDAY EVENING

Weber ARC with UFO Godzilla handle
Vintage Gillette Blue blade (2)
Simpsons Chubby 1 in best
Wilkinson Sword shave stick
Witch hazel
Castle Forbes AS balm

Lovely shave. BBS all the way. :D

Proraso pre/post menthol
GEM 1912 - 3rd outing
GEM PTFE coated SS blade (3)
Duke 2 Best
TOBS Avocado SC
Thayer's Original Witch Hazel
Cade AS Balm

First time using the Avocado TOBS. Wonderful stuff. The smell, for some reason, reminded me of strong, rich tea leaves.

Tuesday

Prep, Hot Shower to defrost after walking the dog.
Brush, Neep 28mm Extra Silvertip
Cream, TOBS Eton College
Razor, 7 o'clock New with UFO2 handle
Blade, Gillette SuperThin
A/S, TOBS Eton College
Cologne, TOBS Eton College

A nice pleasant 3 pass BBS shave this morning. :)

This morning:

Prep: cold rinse
Razor: Kropp 6/8" in marble resin, restored by UKRob
Brush: Simpson Tulip T2 in two-band Super
Soap: L'Occitane Cade
Aftershave: Prof Blighty's Yellow Ginger
Scent: L'Occitane Verveine

Very nice. I have a sore patch at the base of one side of my neck, but this is down to yesterday's shirt, not any shave.

Back
Top Bottom