John said:
Today's Shave
sotd20.jpg

Push Button GEM Gold plated
GEM Blade
Kent BK8 Brush
NSS Cedarwood and Vetyver shaving soap

Results, Super Smooth and pampered :)

Fancied a Gem shave today but didn't want a micromattic's open comb's aggression,so when the mood takes me that way, this razor is just the ticket for me.

And while I ponder over my smooth face.....a coffee naturally :D

That is a rather nice photo
Thanks, it was one of those shots that went spot on first time,rare with an iPhone 4S,usually have to work for a bit to get the shot due to the lighting.

The snow outside the window gave me the soft light effect I was hoping for.
The pleasure as always...is yours to enjoy ;)

[attachment=6395]Woke up feeling good this morning took the new Palmolive Stick for a spin.. first time with it i was very impressed at how MASSIVE the lather produces from such a small amount of soap...

Attachments

• 20130120_111957.jpg
    20130120_111957.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 17

SATURDAY
Dubl Duck special No.1
Simpsons 'Rover' Manchurian Butterscotch
Proraso Red Sandalwood cream (New Formula)
Witch Hazel
Tom Ford Oud Wood

Took a bit of work to get smooth this morning, but I wasn't in any rush.

SUNDAY
iKon OSS / Astra Platinum
Morris & Forndran stubby 2XL
The Body Shop Maca Root Cream
Witch Hazel

Close and clean and ready for another working week.

WiffWaff said:
Burgundy said:
Relaxed, lazy Sunday morning. Smoked salmon and scrambled eggs on toast with the paper and a coffee.

That's impressed me more than the shave. My sugar-free Alpen was like the bottom of a budgie's cage!
Christ - I'd be disappointed too!

I hate Sunday evenings these days: the dread of going back to work combined with guilt from not tackling a few hours' worth of marking outstanding from last week. Either I need a fresh perspective, or a new job, or both! Breakfast was indeed good though. Back to budgie food myself next week: too many rich meals, shared bottles of wine, and meals out recently.

culcreuch said:
barlines said:
Tom Ford Oud Wood

How do you find the Oud. I have been experimenting with them recently and am always looking out for more to try out

It was my xmas present to me but it wasn't what I went to try, I was looking for something along the lines of Montale Black Oud. Factormax very kindly sent me a sample of the Montale a while back and its nearly all gone so I was looking for its replacement so went to Selfridges at the Trafford centre as they have a good amount of the ground floor devoted to smellies and stuff, including the full Tom Ford range.

I went through the entire range and squirted a few on me, including the Noir de Noir which I got a proper small decant of as well as a small decant of the Cafe Rose when I finally purchased the Oud Wood. During the day I also got a squirt of the YSL M7 which is is touted to smell the same as the oud wood (and does to begin with to my untrained nose) but again the scent changed over time for me (I was interested to learn that the YSL M7 was one of Tom Ford creations when he was there). Anyway my plan was to test the scents first thing and then go shopping for the day with the intention of purchasing the one I liked most at the end of the day and it worked well, I came away with two samples which I also like very much but I'm liking the Oud Wood most. I'd certainly not want to spend the sort of cash I did on something I later decided I wasn't actually that keen on. I won't be wearing it every day but as an occasional scent it ticks the 'special' box for me.

I've also got some of the surrati perfume oils from ebay - the surrati tom oud is a good copy copy of the oud wood for day to day wear along with the surrati black oud which is a copy of the Montale Black Oud. You can also buy decants of genuine brands on ebay (but I'm always wary if they are genuine and have not been diluted in some way).

Gairdner said:
Today's raspings:

Vintage Surrey American shaving soap

Man shave today: no Astral cream required but then that's the Barbershop Bay Rum effect for you. Have to say that the Surrey soap is probably the best I've used in my short DE journey thus far so I really ought to thank Martin (dodgy) who sent me it gratis. Cheers bud. Loads quickly, lathers quickly, slicker than snail slime,

Thanks for that tip of the hat G,

Yeah, the soap's pretty slick.....more so than most others I've tried. Way I can really tell is when my hands slip right over my face while rinsing with hot water when finished. From there it's a cold water splash or three and done deal.

Anyway, I'm glad you found it amusing.

Martin

Sunday 20 Jan
hot shower
col conk amber
supermax blade
boots razor
tobs badger brush
not shaved since thursday did a 3 pass got a bbs feel finished with RS co balm and a splash of scottish fine soap

dodgy said:
Thanks for that tip of the hat G,

Yeah, the soap's pretty slick.....more so than most others I've tried. Way I can really tell is when my hands slip right over my face while rinsing with hot water when finished. From there it's a cold water splash or three and done deal.

Anyway, I'm glad you found it amusing.

Martin

Must be your kind of soap, slick and slippery. Yeah, that's how you roll.

barlines said:
I've also got some of the surrati perfume oils from ebay - the surrati tom oud is a good copy copy of the oud wood for day to day wear along with the surrati black oud which is a copy of the Montale Black Oud. You can also buy decants of genuine brands on ebay (but I'm always wary if they are genuine and have not been diluted in some way).

Thanks for the detailed reply. I find the scents interesting. I have only tried the Ebay samples...so far Oudh Code Pour Homme, Dehn Oodh, and Mukhalat Malaki. They can be quite expensive but a little goes a long way

SUNDAY EVENING

Wilkie Sticky
Vintage Gillette Blue blade (1)
Simpsons Chubby 1 in best
Nannys French Lavender hard soap
Witch hazel
Castle Forbes AS balm

Normal three passes, then a buffing pass (think method shaving without the bollocks) at the end to get extra smooth.

This blade and razor combo gives such a smooth shave that the above was no problem at all.

I'm liking the Sticky a lot. Just the right side of a mild razor.

Nannys French Lavender Soap
Dr Harris Best Badger Brush
Weber polished head with bulldog handle
Astra SP (2)
A/S Floid Vigoroso
Astral moisturiser

Kept the same set up as last night for my 2nd shave with the Weber and again got a great result. 3 passes, WTG, XTG and ATG. Previously ATG was too much of a pain for me but with the Weber and Astra it was effortless, result BBS and much happiness. The Floid didn't even sting much.

This morning:

Prep: cold rinse
Razor: J. A. Henckels 72 1/2, 6/8"
Brush: Neep #1287 cobalt blue tulip horsehair
Soap: D R Harris Marlborough
Aftershave: Prof Blighty's Green Ginger
Scent: Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet

Or school never closes. I feel intrepid.

Back
Top Bottom