SOTD Sat. 19th to Frid. 25th January 2013

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Semogue SOC 2band
Razor: Revisor
Cream+edt: Penhaligon's Endymion
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean, and very close to uberclean :D

Getting better with this cream (second run and face lathering is much better than using the scuttle, for me at least).
0061024x696_zps51f5dcd7.jpg

Saturday 19 January

Prep: Hot shower with Musgo Real Oak Moss glycerin soap
Pre: Proraso White Pre
Soap: Ogallala Bay Rum, sage & cedar stick
Brush: Neep custom three penny bit '67
Razor: Merkur 38 Barber Pole
Blade: Super Iridium
Post: Alum, Thayer's Cucumber Lotion, Arran Aromatics Bay Citrus ASB, Ogallala Bay Rum ASL

Result: Lovely shave although didn't feel like it at the time. The Ogallala is good stuff, wish there was a UK or European supplier.

Have a good day, gents

Jon

Prep Dr Organics Manuka Honey Soap
Razor Henckels Friodur 5/8 50 1/2
Strop Kanayama Cordovan #8000
Brush Simpsoms Chubby1 in Super
Mitchell's Woolfat
Alum & Witch Hazel
L'Occitane Baux Balm
L'Occitane Baux Edt

The very first shave ever for the NOS Henckels Friodur, I'm impressed only stropped the razor out of the box and she was shave ready and she delivered a lovely super smooth two pass BBS shave.

SOTD-1.jpg

Prep: Shower
Pre: Proraso Pre-shave
Soap: La Toja stick
Razor: Merkur 25C OC
Blade: Shark (1), shimmed
Brush: New Forest 2213
Aftershave: GFT Limes Skin Food, Davidoff Cool Water ASB

Hadn't been too impressed with the Merkur 25C and Astra SP blade finding it too mild and just unexciting. Went back to the Progress for a while to give it a rest.
Tried the 25C again today with another blade, Shark, from my sample pack. Much better performance and closer, easier shave. This shaving malarkey is weird.
Connaught supplied the 25C with Treet Platinum blades, maybe I should be using them. Are blades supplied with razors supposed to match or just random?

Tried Tabac soap stick yesterday, as it's always raved about here, and although it's pretty good, comparing it against La Toja stick today I think I prefer La Toja. Very easy to create lather and great holder for travelling. Tabac's a monster to carry around.

Result: BBS and even very little irritation on neck even AGT.

Afternoon, everyone.

Saturday:

Prep: Claus Porto Lime-oil face soap
Razor: EJ DE89 head with an iKon Bulldog handle
Blade: Derby (8)
Brush: Vulfix Grosvenor
Shave soap: Erasmic Supreme stick
A/S: Pinaud Clubman

Really like the Clubman.

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage rebranded Simpsons best
'Webly'/Wilkinson Super Sword Edge (NOS)
RL Safari SS
Barbershop Bay Rum AS
The Gentlemans Quarter 'Leatherneck' extrait (sadly extinct)

Really enjoying this latest Weber long handle. Lots heftier than my other one with better feeling knurling.......reminds me a good bit of the Gillette Big Fellow handle. Makes this combo a true no pressure one........very nice!

I am somewhat hooked on this old soap. Seems like it's being used most days now. Pretty darn good stuff.

BBS results,

Martin

Saturday 01-19-13. MUSIC: Chet Baker & Paul Desmond_Concierto De Aranjuez.

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjxR9fJUP8g[/video]

Afeitado_2013-01-192-1.jpg

Soap from Aleppo - Simpson Chubby 1 best badger - Merkur 37C Slant - Israeli Personna #3 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving soap Martin de Candre - Alumbre - Thayers Original - ASB Korres - ASL Myrsol Agua Balsámica.

Back
Top Bottom