de8f1f53ba566811aa390017a17a92b0.jpg

Regards

Christmas Eve:

Arko
Semogue OC Boar
GEM OCMM
GEM blade
Pinaud Clubman AS

I rediscovered the Arko stinking up the corner of my big drawer o' shaving stuff. I actually don't particulalry mind the scent and the performance is amazing. BBS with the OCMM but I did get a couple of weepers. I sometimes find the GEM blades a bit rough for their first shave, but they soon mellow out.

Qismas Eve Shave
Prep: Hot shower
Pre: Proraso - Sandalwood
Soap: Wickham - Sheridan
Bowl: Woodhead Tall Large Scuttle
Brush: Vulfix 404 badger/boar
Razor: Ever Ready Heavy Flat Top
Blade: Gem (3)
After: WH, Pinaud Clubman Bay Rum AS, Body Shop - Arber ASB

Very enjoyable shave today. I've got to say this ER Heavy Flat Top (similar to Gem G-bar) must be the easiest, smoothest SE razor I have. Doesn't quite get as close as other SE razors but the fun using it outweighs that.
When I first got my Vulfix 404 brush I thought it felt a bit like a solid lump but I've changed my mind, it really performs well allround - what was I thinking!

Have a merry shavey Christmas everyone.

c1ec1f56-06b9-4ff9-9e1b-11d46e828b88_zpscymi0u8k.jpg

I think it's the scales - they look enormous compared to the pins.

By the way, my favourite joke is something along the lines of:

Those Arab Emirates are hard to understand - Bahrain TV doesn't allow the Flinstones to be broadcast - and neither does Dubai - but Abu Dhabi do!
Greetings Rob

That's a great joke........... 100% Sh*t...... Merry Christmas!

Regards
Dick.

Thur 24th December.
Wishing All TSR members , a Happy Xmas and all the Best for 2016.

Victoria PB
La Toja Cream
Schick L1
Personna [ 5 ]
Alum Rub/ La Toja A/S

Finding it strange to be on same Razor for Five consecutive days. Though there may be a couple more shaves in the blade , think I may as Xmas treat, take a Type J out for a run .

IMG_0059.jpg

Last edited:
Merry Christmas Eve everyone!!!!

It had to be , didn't it! All that lovely spicy clovey sweetness. I may have to make a re purchase of a Merkur Futur, that is two fantastic shaves with it so far.

HTGAM Pumpkin 3.14 Soap
HTGAM Autumn Factory Splash
Merkur Futur Satin ( Setting 4 )
Personna 74 (17)
TSR LE Shavemac 2 Band Silvertip Badger
18945532934f47bd01d12057efdc89a9.jpg

Schick HydroMagic...:)
DSC_0192_zps5ia1ifsi.jpg

Three Shaving Pass Routine..:cool:

Hot Water prep & massage with Coconut Oil
Schick HydroMagic
Dutch NOS Injector Blade ( x 2)
Semogue Boar Brush
Biotique Shaving Soap (India)
444 after shave gel
Woodsman Aftershave Splash ( USA)

I has a lovely Dolphin Smooth Finnish today with my Dutch made Hydro & Dutch NOS blade Combo...I got this Biotique shaving soap to try from India..Lovely natural apple scent, slick and very friendly towards the skin...I had heard it was as good as a Tallow soap...Its a great performer but not quite up there with a Tallow...I do like it though...I could almost eat it...Smells lovely...Merry Christmas Folks..:)

Billy

Christmas Eve Shave
RSC Cream
24mm Custom Whipped Dog Synthetic
Hone T15
Rapira SSS [1]
Proraso AS
Moisturiser not needed.
This Hone is incredible, never before have I been able to go ATG without nicks, weepers, major AS sting and irritation/soreness. The Hone make this pass EASY! This is a MUST buy form me...

Love it....

All the best TSR, hope you all have a great day tomorrow....

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage butterscotch Marshall Fields rebranded Simpsons best
Schick M type adjustable/Schick Twin NOS
XPEC SC
Mrysol Emulsion (nods to Mr Miguel)
Jacomo de Jacomo EdT (black bottle from a few incarnations back)

Jeez, this razor/blade combo is a kick and pretty tough to stop using till the blade's dull. Probably shave 5-6 and still going strong. Acts like a quiet, nimble and comfortable squeegee that makes them whiskers go poof! Top blade for me along with a few others

First time this set up was used after loading a fresh blade it wouldn't cut at all. Weirdest thing but it felt like the blade was totally dull so I loaded another and man, the same thing happened.

After looking closer, I saw the Protector feature used for traveling was on and once it was flipped off everything was fine. Great shaves since.

Abusing myself with XPEC, having stocked up on that a bit recently. Hmmmm, might be tough quitting cold turkey.....yow. I think the directions on the tub suggest tapering off.

All in all, a pretty darn pleasant shave with BBS results,

Martin

Back
Top Bottom