SOTD SAT 19th TO FRI 25th DEC 2015

Friday AM 12-25-2015

Happy holidays, everyone.

Georgetown Pottery G5 scuttle
Rooney 1/1 Finest (22mm/46mm)
Woods of Windsor shaving soap (tallow)
Feather AS-D2
Wilkinson Falcon (4)
St. James Perfumery London Collection aftershave (vintage)
TlFDZZb.jpg

No flash photo today - I had a grotty nights sleep ( nerve pain) and probably got about two and a half hours sleep before the smaller saucepan lids decided it was late enough to tell me Santa had been... The older one thankfully didnt surface till later and grunted appreciatively at the new buoyancy aid and mixing decks and cleared off again. I can handle that. Its spending three hours building Lego to discover the battery pack is faulty :mad::mad::mad:

Mitchells Wool Fat Soap
Semogue 830
Sseygus Class 2015 with UFO Godzilla
Gillette Silver Blue

Happy Christmas everybody - I appear to have received enough shaving cream today to last me until the apocalypse.

Schick HydroMagic...:)
DSC_0192_zps5ia1ifsi.jpg

Three Shaving Pass Routine..:cool:

Hot Water prep & massage with Coconut Oil
Schick HydroMagic
Dutch NOS Injector Blade ( x 2)
Semogue Boar Brush
Biotique Shaving Soap (India)
444 after shave gel
Woodsman Aftershave Splash ( USA)

I has a lovely Dolphin Smooth Finnish today with my Dutch made Hydro & Dutch NOS blade Combo...I got this Biotique shaving soap to try from India..Lovely natural apple scent, slick and very friendly towards the skin...I had heard it was as good as a Tallow soap...Its a great performer but not quite up there with a Tallow...I do like it though...I could almost eat it...Smells lovely...Merry Christmas Folks..:)

Billy
Ah, the 'Biotique' o_O @Fergiebilly how would you describe the scent?

Ah, the 'Biotique' o_O @Fergiebilly how would you describe the scent?
The scent is very clear...Its smells like Fresh Apple Juice...Very natural...Its the best smelling soap I have encountered....You just want to eat it...Amazing glide cushion & slickness...Not quite up there with a Tallow soap though but an excellent performer...Great for the skin as well..In fact the skin glows.. Next to your Tallow its the best I have used...Its a Cream actually...But more like a thick sort of Oily Grease like substance ....In a good way..o_O

Billy

The scent is very clear...Its smells like Fresh Apple Juice...Very natural...Its the best smelling soap I have encountered....You just want to eat it...Amazing glide cushion & slickness...Not quite up there with a Tallow soap though but an excellent performer...Great for the skin as well..In fact the skin glows.. Next to your Tallow its the best I have used...Its a Cream actually...But more like a thick sort of Oily Grease like substance ....In a good way..o_O

Billy
It has a fascinating ingredients list, e.g. dates (khajur), peppermint (pudina), peanut oil (Arachis Hypogaea Oil), beeswax (I love beeswax, just couldn't fit it in to my own tallow soap) and banana extract. Very uncommon ingredients in the UK and US artisanal scene. It certainly sounds intriguing :cool:

It has a fascinating ingredients list, e.g. dates (khajur), peppermint (pudina), peanut oil (Arachis Hypogaea Oil), beeswax (I love beeswax, just couldn't fit it in to my own tallow soap) and banana extract. Very uncommon ingredients in the UK and US artisanal scene. It certainly sounds intriguing :cool:
I have never came a soap that leaves no residue in the sink such as this one...That's sayin a lot...:eek:

Billly

Back
Top Bottom