SOTD SAT 19th TO FRI 25th DEC 2015

SOTD - Saturday
Soap: Soap Commander "Fortitude"
Brush: Vie Long Epsilon, 26mm 2-band
Razor: OneBlade
Blade: Feather FHS SE (1)
Post: Thayer's witch hazel, followed by Soap Commander "Fortitude" balm
Third time with the OneBlade on-loan from a coworker, a very sexy but mild razor. No matter what I tried I couldn't cut myself. No pressure, too much pressure, bad angles, didn't matter.
This Feather SE blade isn't nearly as sharp as its DE cousin, not even close. Blade started tugging by the 3rd pass. Ended up with a DFS, good thing it's the weekend.
Carrie & Darren Seibert nailed this soap/balm combo! Thick/rich & luxurious lather and it didn't dry my skin out! The balm is an excellent match for me. And that scent! Whoa, it shot right to the top of my rotation.

Sat 19th December
Vulfix 404 mixed
Lea Classic soap
Gem CPMM
Gem S/S [ 2 ]
Alum Rub/ Myrsol Antesol A/S

A good clean shave with CP , but prefer the Open Comb which now seems to provide me with a smoother shave.

IMG_0053.jpg

71efce6ab54cc5fb8a81eab40c7cb333.jpg

Have a good weekend!

Nishy's Melissa Pre-shave oil
Simpsons Duke 3
MWF
ATT M1
Polsilver SI
Alum block
Nishy's After Shave Milk
Penhaligons Opus 1870

A beautiful luxurious shave today.
Is there a better soap than MWF ? I have several more expensive soaps in my rotation but are they better than the fat ? I don't think so. Different certainly but not better. Given it's low price, it's a veritable bargain & the porcelain pot just adds to the experience. The Penhaligons is a new "find" & Santa may be bringing me some. ( In fact he is as i've bought some for myself & hidden it amongst all my pressies. )

Merry Christmas to all.

SOTD - 19/12/2015
Nice and clean shave with my old foe the Merkur Futur.

I had a Futur way back at the beginning and it made mincemeat out of my neck so I despatched it. Prematurely?, possibly.

I borrowed this one from a buddy and I got an infinitely better shave with it. Maybe that was because I'm a few years more experienced, a nice tactile razor but will it manage to squeeze in between my ATT S1 and Mongoose?
No.

Cold River Soap Works Bergamot & Bay Soap
Merkur Futur Satin
Personna 74 (16)
Shavemac Vase in Coral TSR LE Brush
Myrsol F./Extra Splash
97db33f86106f07c46f515f873002b7d.jpg

CV. Heljestrand Lather Catcher..:p
DSC_0186_zpsaizm7lho.jpg

Another shot..:)
DSC_0183_zpsgjq6stuh.jpg

Four Shaving Pass Routine..:cool:

Hot Water prep & massage with Coconut Oil
CV. Heljestrand Lather Catcher
NOS Heljestrand Hollow Ground Blade x 4
Semogue Boar Brush
Test Trial Tallow Shaving Soap
Organic Aloe Vera Gel
LOGONA Mann Aftershave Balm (From Germany)

I just had the most wonderful shave this morning with my CV. Heljestrand Lather Catcher & Hollow Ground Blade...An Old Gent from the USA once warned about the Dangers of going down the Hollow Ground Blade Rabbit Hole...He told me that I would be soon selling all my other SEs...Well ..I now know what this Old Timer was talkin about...Well with the exception of my Injectors of course...:D

Anybody that's even thinking about going down this path...Get a CV. Heljestrand Lather Catcher Now...This Swedish work of Art are just the Dogs Danglies...Its a deceptively Aggressive Razor & offered me an all over BBS Result that I would expect from an Early Schick Type E 2 Injector & no bones about it..The CV. Heljestrand Lather Catcher is quite aggressive but ever so smooth & forgiving...My blade was ever so sharp and smooth today...There is not much more to say except the CV. Heljestrand Lather Catcher has just taken the Crown from the Gem Crowned Lather Catcher..;)

Billy

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage butterscotch Marshall Fields rebranded Simpsons best
Schick M type/Schick Twin NOS
Lucien 'Dandy' SC (thanks Good Doctor)
Myrsol Emulsion (saying hi to Mr Miguel in Heaven)
Givenchy 'Drakkor Noir' EdT (vintage juice)

BBS results,

Martin

Mongoose/Hempel
Wolf Whiskers
Saponificio Varesino: Tundra Artica Soap and Aftershave; Shaving bowl
Had a bit of irritation on my neck so used the SV bowl to make an incredibly creamy smooth lather. Wow.
SOTD Dec 19 2015_2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom