Amouage 'Lyric Man'

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Christmas Day

Nanny's Yushu
New Forest Tubby 2
Slim Adjustable
Sputnik
TOBS Shaving Shop AS

A lovely shave, great lather and scent from Nanny's and the Slim was as good as ever.

Now to enjoy a family Christmas. Merry Christmas everyone, have a great day!

Merry Christmas everyone...
Shower with Arran Aromatics Bay Citrus Shower Gel

Arran Aromatics Bay Citrus Soap
Omega 49
Hone T15
Rapire SSS [2]
Barbus AS
Arran Aromatics Bay Citrus EDT
Nivea Q10 Moisturiser

23334050713_210926ee15_c.jpg

The Hone is still impressive, impossible to cut yourself with it! Just a quick tidy up, the soap is not up there with best; it lacks a little slip and is a little light on scent, but
gives a nice luxurious lather once you get it going. It needs more water than my other soaps too. Nice easy shave to get the big day off to a bang!

Have a good one chaps...

Christmas Day Shave

Preshave: hot shower
Shaving Soap: Prorazo Green, despite lots of hints, my wife didn't get me any Mitchell Wool Fat for Christmas.
Brush: Progress Vulfix 404, she didn't get the badger brush I asked for either.
Razor: Aristocrat junior (first use)
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow
Post shave: alum block then witch hazel
Aftershave: Aqua Di Parma Balsamo Dopobarba, Christmas present from 2 years ago.

I broke my 2 passes only rule, I had 3; WTG, XTG ear to nose, the XTG nose to ear. Very smooth shave, unfortunately also got 3 weepers and razor burn under my jaw. My own fault for breaking 2 of my rules: when using a razor for first time never do more than 2 passes and always use Gillette Green blades. But it is Christmas after all! :D

image.jpeg

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone.

The Annual Christmas Ticket Tickle:

English Flat Bottom Fat Handle Tech
NOS English Wilkie
Hand-carved Ash Boar
Vintage Culmak Soap
Barbershop Bay Rum
Astral
Arran Aromatics Bay Citrus EdT

Saved the very last of the legendary Barbershop Bay Rum for today. Simply the best aftershave in the world with its heady, almost giddying scent and incomparable skin care. Wherever you are and whatever you're doing, Steve, I wish you health, wealth and happiness in abundance!

Magic! :D

All the best, folks!

Friday 25/12/15: hot shower/weber ph/classic handle/supermax tit (4)/vey shavemac fan 24/50 3b/harris windsor/woodhead #1 scuttle/hot&cold rinse/nivea sens asb/pour homme de caron edt, usual seven pass shave. What I would describe to my generation, as 'Imperial leather' advert moments are finally realised from a small shave scuttle… excessive, wholly indulgent luxury doesn't adequately describe the experience of warm lather and brush on a winter morning, so good it feels like… feels like... wrong doing, peace.
:)

Last edited:
Friday 25/12/15: hot shower/weber ph/classic handle/supermax tit (4)/vey shavemac fan 24/50 3b/harris windsor/woodhead #1 scuttle/hot&cold rinse/nivea sens asb/pour homme de caron edt, usual seven pass shave. What I would describe to my generation, as 'Imperial leather' advert moments are finally realised from a small shave scuttle… excessive, wholly indulgent luxury doesn't adequately describe the experience of warm lather and brush on a winter morning, so good it feels like… feels like... wrong doing, peace.
:)

First prize for most convoluted SOTD goes to Frank :)
Sounds like you're already merry, so happy shavey Qismas, Frank.

Mythos Inga Arbore Vitae Shaving Soap (Secret Santa!)
Personna Double II Razor (Early 70's vintage cartridge razor)
Lapidus EDT

Very smooth. Excellent soap which gives a perfect lather and the razor, though not very pretty, makes quick work of the job while giving a good close shave with zero irritation.

Friday 25 December 2015

222464d1451062837-sun-december-20th-sat-december-26th-holiday-christmas-themed-sotd-sotd-25122015.jpg

Mastro Livi Symmetrical Kamisori

Today I finally had the chance to try this Mastro Livi symmetrical kamisori and I was very impressed by the ease of use and the performance in shaving. A symmetrical kamisori needs a different shaving technique from the traditional kamisori, however giving a very good shave. The point of this symmetrical kamisori seems to be very effective and precise, altough tricky just like any kamisori, however super precise. The pattern of the Damasteel used for this kamisori is "Odin's eye" and I opted for this one as it was a pattern missing in my collection. I also used one of my favorite shaving soaps - Boellis Panama 1924 - as I have a passion for almond scented soaps belonging to the Italian tradition, this is one of my favorite ones. Impeccable and super pleasurable shave!​

• Pre-Shave: RazorGuy Pre-Shave Oil
  • Soap: Boellis Panama 1924 Shaving Soap
  • Brush: Mastro Livi Silvertip Badger, 26mm knot
  • Bowl: Old Barber Bowl
  • Strop: Mastro Livi Medium Loom Strop "Coramella Italiana" and Hand Palm
  • Razor: Mastro Livi Symmetrical Kamisori, 11/16 Full Hollow, French Point
  • Post-Shave: Alum Block
  • Post-Shave: Argan Oil
  • After Shave: Myrsol F./Extra

Back
Top Bottom