SOTD SAT 19th TO FRI 25th DEC 2015

Tue 22nd Dec
Omega 11137
Vitos Red Soap
Schick L1
Personna S/S [ 3 ]
Alum Rub/ Floid Vigoroso A/S

3rd Injector Shave - Another good shave accomplished , very smooth & irritation free.

Not sure whether a Rabbit Hole has appeared, or The Abyss beckons - just informed that I have won a G Type !

IMG_0057 (1).jpg

Hi @natman. In my opinion they are very good shaving soaps, but not top soaps, like for example Catie's Bubbles or Barrister & Mann, for mention a couple of them. And in my particular case, my skin feels very dry after the shave with this soap, in spite of they contain Shea butter.

Interestingly B&M make my skin feel dry after using it but not the NSS which I consider to be top drawer. As ever with skin and water differences YMMV - thankfully samples are available.

Tuesday

Proraso soap
Semogue OC Boar
#15 Aristocrat
Gillette 7 o'clock SharpEdge
Indian Old Spice AS

That's the last of my Indian Old Spice, time to source some more. Top notch shave this morning.

Greetings

Tuesday 22nd December 2015
Prep: Shower
Razor: Valet Autostrop (I have forgotten which model)
Blade: Feather SE Stainless
Brush: Semogue OC 2 Band
Soap: Culmark Vintage
Aftershave: Astral Cream (soft)
EDT: Tom Ford Extreme

Second shave with the Feather Stainless SE blade and it's most definitely finished, these blades are back in the news again now with the introduction of the One Blade; certainly a very strange choice for designing a new razor around, ie a blade built for one of the rarest razors on the planet (The Feather SE)

On another topic, although we have 'real winter', if it happens, ahead of us, it is a very pleasant psychological barrier crossed to have passed the shortest day!

Regards
Dick

P1000599.JPG

hgAMBHJh.jpg

Shave & Scent of the day with:
Soap: Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary SE
Brush: L'Occitane Plisson Synthetic
Razor: ATT Atlas R1
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum (4)
Post #1: Proraso Pre & Post Shave Cream
Post #2: Anthony After Shave Balm
Scent: Reflection Man by Amouage

Today was a special shave as it marks my third anniversary of DE shaving. Used some of my favourite items today as I don't own any of the products from that 1st shave three years ago!

A nice & relaxing shave, they don't come much better.

Interestingly B&M make my skin feel dry after using it but not the NSS which I consider to be top drawer. As ever with skin and water differences YMMV - thankfully samples are available.
I think this is one of the things that make funny this hobby: many times, same gear make different feelings in each person.

Back
Top Bottom