Cardi shave Day 5

Prep: Gillette face wash
Razor: Yuma
Blade: Super Max Blue Diamond (5)
Brush: Wilko cheapie
Shave cream: Ingrams
A/S: Addiction "Fever"
Cologne: Addiction "Fever"

A pretty good shave - I'm getting the hang of the Yuma and Super Max combo. Using the "Fever" aftershave splash and cologne (£1.49 at Savers) has extended the life of the scent. It isn't strong by any means but it lingers in the background and is perfectly acceptable.

Wednesday Lunch Shave (what a treat - unhurried, Radio 4 on, lovely)

Prep: Shower, Nivea Deep Cleansing Facial Wash
Pre-Shave: Hot (ish) towel, Proraso white
Brush: Vulfix Super Badger
Razor: Merkur 38C
Blade: Polsilver
Cream: Proraso White
Post-Shave: Alum, Proraso Blue ASB

First time with the Polsiver blade and pretty impressed. Face feels smooth and soft, which I guess is the desired effect. I need another couple of shaves with the Polisilver blade before I decide if I want to splash out and try and secure another batch before they become unobtainable. A box of Rapiras arrived this morning, so need to give them a scrape pretty soon too. I've got a Vie-Long Boar and Badger brush on order so might try that with the creams to see how that feels in comparison. Somewhere in the garage (unless I, or more likely, the significant other has binned them) have a Roger et Gallet bowl and a couple of pucks. I really want to dig around and give it a whirl. Even if the soap doesn't work for me the bowl will do a job.

Wednesday Afternoon

Having had a busy morning and not shaving, just by luck the postie arrived and delivered my new Weber razor. Time for a shower and a shave before dinner.

Prep: Hot Shower
Soap: Floris JF
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2 Best Badger
Razor: Weber Polished Head and Wave handle
Blade: Personna Red
A/S: Floris JF

A brilliant shave, I like the wave handle, and I think the polished head glides better than the ARC head of my other Weber.
I'm pleased with this razor, I will probably use this one quite a lot.

IMG_0093.jpg

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Vie-Long
Razor: E A Berg in horn custom scales by UkRob
Cream: Salter Sandalwood
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D

0071024x723.jpg

Nice pic Ltb!

Today's shave

Hot bath
Gillette fat boy
Feather blade
Kent BK4
Vibola shaving soap
Geo.f.trumper sandalwood Skinfood to finish

Result BSS WTG

Started off with the fatboy on No3 for 2 passes and went up to No4 for the final pass
And the fatboy delivered a good smooth shave, I don't think feather blades in this razor is a good combo for me as I am a little saw in places,
So next time it's the wilkinson sword blade to tame things down a bit and see how that goes.

parker 91r
supermax super platinum
simpsons berkeley best badger
la toja shave stick
old spice 'classic' AS
boots no7 post shave balm

excellent shave. my third shave with the parker and ive been getting pretty decent shaves with, its a bit of a faff on getting the blade aligned properly but shaves well when i do.

Wednesday 11-21-12. MUSIC: Japan_LP Adolescent Sex (1978).

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mArb0mmrmQY[/video]

Afeitado_2012-11-21-1.jpg

Soap from Aleppo - Simpson Chubby 2 best badger - Feather all satinless - Astra green #1 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving cream Acca Kappa 1869 - Alum block - Thayers Original - ASB Korres - ASL Musgo Real vintage.

Tabac shave stick
Progress 1.5, 1 with vintage Gillette Super Stainless/Gillette Platinum/Personna Med. Prep.
E J bristle
Bulldog moisturiser

Using up some blades that have had one or two shaves then been dunked in mineral oil for a week or two. First was smooth and blunt and the remaining two were increasingly sharper but less smooth.
Result: DFS with a little irritation on the neck and jawline

Wednesday 21st November

Facial Scrub
Proraso Pre/Post Cream
Dovo Special 5/8
New Forest 2222 HMB
Nannys Forest of Norway Soap
Witch Hazel
Organic Shea Butter
Clubman Special Reserve
Morgans Classic Pomade

Really smooth close shave

Good morning friends! :)

PREP: Floïd Sandolor Pre Shave Gel
BRUSH: 23 mm Shavemac, Finest Badger ("Gut rasiert" forum shaving brush 2011)
SOAP/CREAM: Mama Bear's Caribbean Glycerin Shave Soap
SCUTTLE / BOWL: Fitjar Lathering Up Shaving Bowl
RAZOR: Dubl Duck Goldedge
STROP: Kanayama Cordovan #60000
SHAVE: 2 passes, WTG/XTG
AS: Floïd (Spanish)
RESULT: Very smooth shave

SODT_DD_B-5.jpg

Have a nice day,
Béla​

Back
Top Bottom