Blade: Personna Med Prep
A/S: TOBS Jermyn Street.

IMG_0087.jpg

[/align]

Arko stick
Vulfix Bodger
EJDE89L, Polsilver Super Iridium
Babershop Bay Rum

Lovely shave. This blade is excellent, probably my favourite so far. Sharp, smooth, no tugging. Are any of the Polsilvers / Iridiums still made? They all seem to have a very good reputation. Rather a shame if they're all out of production.

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage butterscotch Made Rite badger
Schick M type adjustable injector/Gillette Platinum Plus (NOS)
Dr. Dittmar SS
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
Cacheral 'Pour L'Homme' EdT (old juice)

This soap always reminds me of the Moos. Somewhat similar fragrance and very good performance.

Heh, this particular blade is pretty sharp, and I managed to include a very short, shallow red line just under my nose. Being a dumb bastard was the cause, since I know about needing to pay some attention with these things.

BBS results,

Martin

dodgy said:
After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage butterscotch Made Rite badger
Schick M type adjustable injector/Gillette Platinum Plus (NOS)
Dr. Dittmar SS
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
Cacheral 'Pour L'Homme' EdT (old juice)

This soap always reminds me of the Moos. Somewhat similar fragrance and very good performance.

Heh, this particular blade is pretty sharp, and I managed to include a very short, shallow red line just under my nose. Being a dumb bastard was the cause, since I know about needing to pay some attention with these things.

BBS results,

Martin

I dunno Martin, but if you say you think it reminds you of the Moos I've to take your word for it. Cheers for the heads up!

Saturday:

La Toja Stick
Vulfix 660
Gillette #15 Aristocrat
Gillette 7 o'clock SharpEdge (1)
Witch Hazel
Pinaud Vanilla AS

Very nice, close and smooth. BBS.

Prep: hot shower
Brush: Neep extra stuffed silvertip in Masur birtch handle
Razor: Edv. Neiström no 2
Soap: Provence Santé
AS: Old Spice Musk
Edt: Penhaligons English fern
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, veyr clean :D

Close to uberclean, just missed a little on one spot :D
0051024x785.jpg

John said:
You can tell winter is here can't you ...I've allredy started a SOTD thred but you lot ain't noticed,Interestingly.

Sorry, this one was started first, this thread was started at 13:16, and your thread was started at 13:28.

It doesn't matter, but would be best if we could merge into one thread.

Lose the beard said:
John said:
You can tell winter is here can't you ...I've allredy started a SOTD thred but you lot ain't noticed,Interestingly.

This one was actually started first, this thread was started at 13:16, and your thread was started at 13:28.

It doesn't matter, but would be best if we could merge into one thread.

LOL That explains things , being a few mins apart how do we merge?

John said:
Today's shave
photo2wk.jpg

My fatboy arrived cleaned disinfected and ready for service :icon_razz:

fatboy razor set on No5
feather blade
taylor's sandelwood shaving cream
Kent bK4 brush
Geo.F.Trumper sandelwood skinfood to finish.

Its been a long time since I've shaved with one of these how did it go.....:heart:
Thanks Dipesh

Result.. BSS WTG :icon_razz:

Dipesh said:
I'm glad you enjoyed using it John. It looks fab in those pics!

Mikael said:
Lovely pic John (I've shaved with most vintage DEs, but never with the Fatboy ... PS don't tell Martini though, for God sake)!

John said:
Mikael said:
Lovely pic John (I've shaved with most vintage DEs, but never with the Fatboy ... PS don't tell Martini though, for God sake)!

Thanks, LOL, don't worry I don't think Martin could possibly make any nasty comments about that, but then again.... I think he has a chalk board......he's no doubt been keeping score.... For revengeful purposes .

He has our names right at the top of that list.....me thinks :dodgy:

Lose the beard said:
John said:
Today's shave
photo2wk.jpg

My fatboy arrived cleaned disinfected and ready for service :icon_razz:

fatboy razor set on No5
feather blade
taylor's sandelwood shaving cream
Kent bK4 brush
Geo.F.Trumper sandelwood skinfood to finish.

Its been a long time since I've shaved with one of these how did it go.....:heart:
Thanks Dipesh

Result.. BSS WTG :icon_razz:

That's sorted it, nice one :icon_cheesygrin:

Rob Dery said:
Afternoon, gents.

Saturday:

Prep: Gillette Hydrating (Poundland)
Razor: Yuma (Bestshave £1.32 at the moment)
Blade: Super Max Blue Diamond (1) (Bought several hundred for a ridiculous price)
Brush: Wilkinson (a small, scrubby thing from Wilkinson the cheap place for 40 or 50p)
Shave soap: Palmolive stick (a couple mashed together in a tub - £1 in total)
A/S: Addiction - Fever (from Saver £1.99 for 50ml and a can of body spray)

Just for a change, I'm going to try some Cardi shaving. Cardis (natives of Ceredigion) are well known in Wales for their prudence with money - that's the nice way of putting it. So I thought I'd try shaving like a local might to see what the quality of the shaves can be and also how much pleasure they give. I will, of course, push the blade to its limits. No throwing it away after a mere seven days. Jiw, jiw, no!

The shave itself wasn't bad: the brush gave me enough lather for a couple of passes and Palmolive is Palmolive. The very light Yuma does its job pretty well and gave me a pretty close, visually good shave. The EJ I've been using is much smoother and more pleasant to use, though. The aftershave,which is described as
A fresh energising top note of green bergamot and green tea enhanced with mandarin peel which is balanced with rich vetivert and cedar supported by the warmth and comfort of the base of precious skin musk would probably smell great if these notes persisted more than a few minutes. At least one could wear any cologne or Eau de Toilette without fear of clashing, I suppose. After the good Prof's aftershaves, this is just terribly weak for me. Still the job got done without mishap. We'll see how this experiment goes.

SATURDAY MORNING

Gillette Popular 47
Rapira (1)
Beejay amber with TGN 2 band
Nannys Nutmeg spice hard soap
Witch hazel
Institut Karite balm

Superb shave with the Pop. Effortless BBS with just one small nick.

Tall_Paul said:
SATURDAY MORNING

Gillette Popular 47

Superb shave with the Pop. Effortless BBS with just one small nick.

I saw that acquisition of yours........very purty thang. Almost made me get mine outta the arsenal, but it didn't call to me quite enough.

I can see why that one would attract you. Kinda like a mini Aristo, but still with all the classy detail. The one I have seems to be a bit aggressive for regular use. The head reminds me of that US made 1934 type, which I normally like.

Congrats on the nice looking addition to your arsenal.

Martin

Gillette New
Astra SP (2)
Semogue 1520
Cella
Witch hazel

Good, quick shave. A few spritzes of Penhaligon's English Fern after a hockey match (finally got my first goal of the season) and a phone call to my grandpa. I've got quite strong olfactory memories of my nan, odd as it sounds. Penhaligon's Castile is a ringer for orange blossom-based perfume she used to wear and their English Fern reminds me of the soap they used to buy.

Back
Top Bottom