SOTD Sat 17th - Fri 23rd Nov 2012

Monday:

Merkur 37C slant
Gillette 7 o'clock yellow
Rooney brush
T+H Grafton cream
DR Harris Windsor aftershave

Slanty goodness is what the doctor ordered for a 2 day stubbly chin.
All Grafton cream nearly gone, I've got maybe 4 shaves left in the pot then it's onto something else.

Birthday Shave
12724_10151267741378421_157631720_n.jpg

Been a while since I last posted in the SOTD thread, and indeed I've been mostly shaving in the shower with a 1966 Gillette Slim adjustable but it was my birthday today so I decided to indulge myself and also test the camera on my new phone.

Razor: Unbranded shoulderless German, probably sold as s souvenir but it holds an edge which is hard to beat.
Soap: Nanny's Rasage Traditionnel, one of the the best soaps around and an artisan soap at that.
Brush: Simpson 57, a gift some time ago from a true gentleman.
Post:Alum then Pashana Original, it might be a cheap aftershave but its still my favourite.

No shaving related presents, I have far too much stuff already. However I did receive a hi-vis coat as I'm spending a lot of time walking down rural lanes in the dark and at dusk taking the dog from fields to have a run about. The downside is that it makes me look like a traffic cop, on the plus side I can have hours of fun standing at the side of the road pointing a hair drier at passing motorists.

My 10 year old daughter made me some fabulous chocolate cup cakes, I think 'll have one now.

Tuesday

A pauper's shave today, but still fit for a king!

Kent T4
Palmolive Shave Stick
Puma 6/8 No.1 FF, my best 'singing' razor!
L'Oreal Hydra Sensitive balm
Chanel Sycomore EdT

= BBS!!

Prep L'Occitane Cedarwood soap
Razor Vintage Japanese "G TOWA T" 7/8
Strop Tony Miller Heirloom
Brush Bill Jack Le Tuft Chubby 1.5 in Lignum Vitae
Shaving Cream GFT Coconut Oil
Alum & Witch Hazel
Una brennan Neroli Moisturiser
Lalique Encre Noire Edt

Super smooth two pass shave from one of my favourite shavers the "G TOWA T"

fotoflexer_photo.jpg

6jpp4x.jpg

Pre Prep + Tati Menta-Hierbabuena soap in Old Spice mug + Semogue 1335 + Weber Bulldog with Gillette New and Iridium Super #2 + Thayers Medicated + Razorock Wax Eucaliptus

A superb shave real minty! This small Semogue works really well for facelathering, a shame that paint is loosing... BTW, this combination of handle&head is a winner!

Cheers!

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep;

vintage rebranded Simpsons best
1958 Executive/Schick Plus Platinum (NOS)
RL Safari SS
Old Spice Whitewater AS (thanks NTS)
Old Spice Whitewater used as cologne.....nice stuff

Man, this old soap is really good. Rich tallowy lather with a very nice scent. Extremely easy to whip up with a quite pleasant performance.

This Old Spice juice is surprisingly one that I like. Smells kinda like a niche type frag. Thanks to NTS for sending this out to sample.

BBS results,

Martin

Attachments

• safari.jpg
    safari.jpg
    197.1 KB · Views: 10
Afternoon, all.

Tuesday:

Cardi shaving Day 4

Prep: Gillette face wash
Razor: Yuma
Blade: Super Max Blue Diamond
Brush: Wilko cheapie
Shave cream: Super Max from Poundland
A/S: Adidas Dynamic Pulse
Cologne: Addiction "Classic" Eau de Toilette £1.49 from Savers.

A pretty good shave. Here's the blurb for the Eau de Toilette:
A seductive synergy of aromatic notes of white pepper and armoise embodied with birch leaf, magnetic sequoia wood and passionate hot amber, sits on a bed of rich sandalwood and sensual patchouli oils.

To be fair, I could smell some of the scents mentioned and it was quite nice. There was a chemical smell in the background, as well, but it wasn't a distraction. The scent has gone by now but I'll top it up when I get home later. For the price it's worth it, I suppose.

Tuesday 11-20-12. MUSIC: Neil Young_LP Greatest Hits (2004).

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBZnDOHBpT4&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Afeitado_2012-11-202-1.jpg

Soap from Aleppo - Simpson Chubby 2 best badger - Feather vintage razor - Feather #3 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving cream Truefitt & Hill Nº10 - Alum block - Thayers Original - ASB Myrsol Emulsión - ASL Honeybee Gardens Vermont.

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Rudy Vey
Razor: W Söderen (Swedish Eskilstuna razor)
Cream: Fitjar Neroli
AS: Old Spice Fresh Lime
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D

Messed up the lather, but had a nice enough shave anyway and was more than clean enough (for whatever you need to be ready for) :D
0081024x727.jpg

Tuesday:

Gillette Sensor
T+H Grafton cream
Rooney brush
DR Harris aftershave

Up a little late, no time for multi passes and no room for rushed nicks so the Sensor came out for a quick single pass. Looking relatively unshaven sat here at 4pm, but it was quick and safe enough.

Glyce Lime Pre Shave Soap
Semogue 2010 Ltd
D R Harris Arlington Soap
Wade & Butcher Rattler Grind from the Henry Lummus Collection
Truefitt & Hill 1805 ASB
Penhaligons Sartorial EDT

Back
Top Bottom